u shaped dinette 21 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-02-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: McKinney, Texas
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 92
u shaped dinette 21

Well, thought 19 was what we wanted, but then figured out front windows may be a little high for optimum view. So, we are now looking at 21. Anyone know how much table length is lost with u shaped dinette option in 21? I think table is 48" long with the standard bench seats. Also, is the floor raised in the dinette area in all the 21 trailers? Just seems like all the pics I see of 21, the floor is raised in the dinette area. Thanks
__________________

CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Vermilye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oswego, New York
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2018 Ford F150
Posts: 3,290
The table in my 21 (with the "U" shaped dinette) is 34 1/2" wide by 29 1/4" deep (front to back) I have the single 3 stage air pedestal rather than the two standard ones supplied by Escape - don't know if that makes a difference in table size, but I doubt it.
__________________

__________________
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2018 F150 3.5EB, 2017 21
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: McKinney, Texas
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 92
Did some more looking and found pic of 21 with bench dinette with level floor, so probably that's the way it comes standard. I like floor being level, would only want it raised to solve a problem.

I hate to lose the nice long table that comes with the bench seats. Anyone use the bench seats to lounge on?, that is with your feet/ legs up on the cushions towards the back of the trailer and your back against the refrigerator or kitchen bulkhead? Looks like would be comfy with some nice pillows to lean against.

Should be able to look out and down out of the side window, out the back and across to the other side window, view should be awesome. Appears don't need u shaped dinette?
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Vermilye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oswego, New York
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2018 Ford F150
Posts: 3,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
Did some more looking and found pic of 21 with bench dinette with level floor, so probably that's the way it comes standard. I like floor being level, would only want it raised to solve a problem.

I hate to lose the nice long table that comes with the bench seats. Anyone use the bench seats to lounge on?, that is with your feet/ legs up on the cushions towards the back of the trailer and your back against the refrigerator or kitchen bulkhead? Looks like would be comfy with some nice pillows to lean against.

Should be able to look out and down out of the side window, out the back and across to the other side window, view should be awesome. Appears don't need u shaped dinette?
The floor under my dinette is raised 3". I believe this is to accommodate the fresh water tank, and is standard for all current 21's, but you should probably check with Escape if a flat floor is a requirement.
__________________
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2018 F150 3.5EB, 2017 21
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:40 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: McKinney, Texas
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 92
Vermilye, thanks for good info, losing approx 19" of table length for the rear seat seems about right. Raised floor OK, if that's the way it comes. Thanks
CharlesPou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:51 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21
Posts: 3,304
Was in a new 21 last month. They had standard dinette with filler board against back wall to make it a U. They also ditched the stock cushions that sit against the wall for patio style ones from Home Depot. Worked great. All new 21''s have raised floor with no option to have flat. Works better ergonomically anyway.

Edit: just remember to have ETI do the filler board & cushion (would get two) as you cannot do it cheaper unless you can sew a cushion cover.
Rossue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
phalaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: St Louis, Missouri
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
Did some more looking and found pic of 21 with bench dinette with level floor, so probably that's the way it comes standard. I like floor being level, would only want it raised to solve a problem.

I hate to lose the nice long table that comes with the bench seats. Anyone use the bench seats to lounge on?, that is with your feet/ legs up on the cushions towards the back of the trailer and your back against the refrigerator or kitchen bulkhead? Looks like would be comfy with some nice pillows to lean against.

Should be able to look out and down out of the side window, out the back and across to the other side window, view should be awesome. Appears don't need u shaped dinette?
HI, we have a 5.0TA on order and went with the standard booth dinette. I agonized and went back and forth on getting the U-shaped dinette. Settled on the standard because we wanted a larger table. Also thought it could easily be converted to a u-shape if we decide in the future that is what we want -- simply add a spacer board cut from from the existing table with a cushion and make a cushion for the back (I sew so that is easy for me) and cut the existing table down to a smaller size. If I had went with the u-shaped dinette and was unhappy it would be more difficult to change. Just food for thought.
__________________
Peg and Bob
phalaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 12:59 PM   #8
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 8,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by phalaney View Post
HI, we have a 5.0TA on order and went with the standard booth dinette. I agonized and went back and forth on getting the U-shaped dinette. Settled on the standard because we wanted a larger table. Also thought it could easily be converted to a u-shape if we decide in the future that is what we want -- simply add a spacer board cut from from the existing table with a cushion and make a cushion for the back (I sew so that is easy for me) and cut the existing table down to a smaller size. If I had went with the u-shaped dinette and was unhappy it would be more difficult to change. Just food for thought.
I think deciding the dinette style is one of the hardest decisions to make. AND, I certainly see/understand the needs of a couple versus a solo traveler like me. I think you're very wise in your assessment.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 01:14 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ruthe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Highland Park, New Jersey
Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Posts: 887
Terry and I are surprised that we find the standard dinette and bench seats comfortable. I have a queen pillow on each bench back, which is essential. However we don't really "lounge." When I'm not sitting in my "area" (we each have our own side) Terry will stretch out his legs and kind of half lounge -- When I want to lay back I use the bed with lots of pillows -- that's my idea of lounging.

I don't know how we would make do with a smaller table -- we have a set of drawers underneath the front window with a tub on top for things we use all the time and we are still able to spread out our laptops and papers and maps and do whatever we do. I like the looks of the u-shape and people seem to love it but we are very comfortable with the standard and I speak as someone who just spent three months in the trailer.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 02:01 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 11,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesPou View Post
Did some more looking and found pic of 21 with bench dinette with level floor, so probably that's the way it comes standard. I like floor being level, would only want it raised to solve a problem.
The frame takes a 3-inch step up in the rear of all Escapes. In the original 21' and 5.0TA, the floor was recessed between the rails of the raised part of the frame, so it was level (flat) all the way to the back. This was standard, but is no longer available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
The floor under my dinette is raised 3". I believe this is to accommodate the fresh water tank, and is standard for all current 21's, but you should probably check with Escape if a flat floor is a requirement.
The current 21' and 5.0TA are just like the other models always were: there is a 3-inch step up in the floor, as shown in the current photo of the 21' (from the Escape Trailer Industries website's 21-Foot Pictures page).

The fresh water tank is under the raised part of the floor, but in the larger models the step up was not necessary just to accommodate the tank.
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.