19' ESCAPE vs. 21' Comparison - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #71

Trailer: 1721
It looks like ETI has updated their website with the new specifications for the 19 and 21. It's interesting the GVWR is less on the 21 than on the 19 (4500 lbs to 5000 lbs).

For those who have received a 2017 19 or 21, how do much higher are your weights than these? I realize options will drive final numbers, but I'm curious how much, especially with hitch weight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (48.6 KB, 20 views)

rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #72

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape born Dec 28, 2016, Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotateclockwise View Post
It looks like ETI has updated their website with the new specifications for the 19 and 21. It's interesting the GVWR is less on the 21 than on the 19 (4500 lbs to 5000 lbs).

For those who have received a 2017 19 or 21, how do much higher are your weights than these? I realize options will drive final numbers, but I'm curious how much, especially with hitch weight.
I barely understand some of this stuff... how can the GVWR be less on the 21 than on the 19? (4500 lbs to 5000 lbs).

I bet a smart person can explain to me, but i'm baffled.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:11 AM   #73

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Quote:

Looks lie the old tongue and axle weights for the 19 on this chart....they total 2610# not the 2950# listed.
Unfortunately, the website still needs some work, I'd say.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:17 AM   #74

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 & Chevy Silverado 5.3L EcoTec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
I barely understand some of this stuff... how can the GVWR be less on the 21 than on the 19? (4500 lbs to 5000 lbs).

I bet a smart person can explain to me, but i'm baffled.

I don't think the numbers for the 21 have been updated....
I'm curious about the delivered weights of the new trailers too.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 10:54 AM   #75

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:

I also take these numbers to be old. Even on our paperwork for our 21' last year, the GVWR was higher than that. You will be given the numbers when you receive your paperwork some weeks before your trailer build is done. No telling when they will decide what they are going to use for the website.

Edit: There has been a change for the 19' but not for the 21'. Don't know if that is the final one for the 19'. Need to see your own paperwork.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:30 PM   #76

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B, 2016 Tacoma Off Road, 2017 21 pick up August, 2017
Quote:

I can't help with the new trailers, but if you want a starting point:

With Frederick's permission, I am keeping an Excel spreadsheet version of his "Trailer Weights in the Real World (originally posted at the Fiberglass RV Forum). I'm adding to the list as individuals sent me their information. I prefer getting axle weight, & tongue weight and derive the trailer weight from those figures. I realize that anyone weighing the axle while connected with a WDH will end up incorrect, but there are too many variables to be exact.

The spreadsheet has a filter that lets you choose the brand, size, model, etc and derive averages. You can download a copy here.

There are 8 pre 2017 21's posted so far, with an average weight of 4024 lbs & an average tongue weight of 453 lbs. I'm waiting for the first 2017 21 weights, and if identified by the sender, will identify them on the spreadsheet.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" (previously 17B "Blue") 2016 Highlander XLE (previously 2008 Tacoma)
Latest I have heard from Tammy about our 21' is that it will be approximately 100 lbs heavier than the previous model. She said the 21 is changing the least in weight of any of the models. Most of its weigh change is from some extra fiberglass and reinforcing and the new awning, most everything else is the same on the new 21's.
Old 09-22-2016, 02:29 PM   #78

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:

Rather than trying to understand inconsistencies in these values, I suggest simply ignoring them. Escape seems to be unable to publish correct weight specifications, so there is no value to the numbers which have appeared on the website this year. They know the base dry weights, and use them as the basis for as-equipped weights provided to individual customers during the order process, but they have not published them.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #79

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2015 F150 Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Rather than trying to understand inconsistencies in these values, I suggest simply ignoring them. Escape seems to be unable to publish correct weight specifications, so there is no value to the numbers which have appeared on the website this year. They know the base dry weights, and use them as the basis for as-equipped weights provided to individual customers during the order process, but they have not published them.
Agreed. Until there is a published and VERIFIED list of weights, best to ignore. If a couple hundred pounds either way means your tow is out of spec, I'd suggest a new tow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2016, 03:39 PM   #80

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Agreed. Until there is a published and VERIFIED list of weights, best to ignore. If a couple hundred pounds either way means your tow is out of spec, I'd suggest a new tow.
I'm basically ignoring all those numbers as it will vary from trailer to trailer. My plan is to hitch The Trailer up to our new tow (see info on the left) and take the fully loaded trailer to a weight scale for exact weights. I'm also going to weigh the combo when I have the truck loaded up for a craft show as it's gonna be lots heavier than for going out camping.

I've been reassured multiple times the Tundra can handle all that, but I am wanting to know weights and all that.

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote