Another price increase... - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-08-2022, 10:04 AM   #61

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Let's not pretend Bigfoor hasen't raised their prices too since you signed the contract for your trailer.

New 2022 Bigfoot Industries Bigfoot 2500 Series 25B25RQ MSRP:$86,826
The difference is that dealers may discount off the list price if you shop, unlike Escape. South land had the highest prices of any dealer I got a quote from, even then it wasn’t list last year. I’m not advocating any brand here. Just relating my experience at the moment in time. Price inflation will hurt the rv market soon I expect. If we hadn’t had decent equity in our 21 we would not have ordered a Bigfoot. Most of this forum is full of people like us with relatively modest means and we are sympathetic to many who are being priced out of these very good trailers. It will be very pricey for us to go cross country to Oregon from Ohio to pickup the unit, however when we get home I expect the travels will be more regional for the foreseeable future if fuel stays high for the long term. A lot of my travel is attending regional music festivals that aren’t too far and we like the Maritime provinces in Canada. I expect we may rent a site for 6 weeks up on Cape Breton rather than wander as much etc.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:32 AM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Perhaps overlooked in this discussion is the local situation. Vancouver and vicinity has become an extremely expensive area to live, right up there with the big boys.

Most of you would fall over in shock if you had to move here. Even the most crappy shack is over a million dollars. You'd have a hard time finding a one bedroom condo for much less than 1/2 that in an area that you'd want to live.

Since I've lived in the same area for a long time every time a local house comes up for sale we look at the asking price, not that that means anything, it'll likely be bid up higher. Some we say, remember when that house was $159,000? Later it was $500,000, then a million. Same house last year, 1.5M.

ETI's labor costs probably reflect this situation. The area where ETI produces its' trailer used to be an area where you'd go to escape high city prices, not any more.

I'm half expecting that eventually ETI will move to a production location away from this high labor cost area.

I'd have to think long and hard if I'd purchase my trailer at current prices.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:49 AM   #63

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
price changes more than once a year

My car insurance company is one of the highest rated companies and they made me unhappy last year when I had to start paying my bill for 6 months instead of yearly and they have two chances to raise my rate. And they do. Because I'm not about to change companies I guess I'm stuck with it.
The 5th wheel we still look at it and comment how much we like it.
AZjack (in San Diego this week)
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #64

Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
The price increases are negligible compare to the real estate price increase here in BC during the last while.
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:27 PM   #65

Trailer: ?
FYI

Bigfoot dealer pricing.

When we contracted for our BF 25 in 10/20, the MSRP of the base unit plus the ‘standard’ options we chose, like a/c, was 68,902.50. The dealer dropped that to $53,000. A roughly 20% discount off MSRP.

When we took delivery a year later, the delivered price was, to the penny, the contracted price. No fuel surcharge for delivery. No inflation‘adjustment’, No change because of a difference in currency exchange rates. Just the contracted price.

A nice way to do business.

As much as we liked our E21C, we simply gave up on waiting for the Escape 23 to become reality.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 12:43 PM   #66

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I find it interesting that people want the government ( whatever that may be ) to stay out of their affairs, unless gas prices go up. Then, they want the government to step in and fix things. They also want taxes reduced, but they want the pot-holes fixed yesterday and camp fees reduced.
Old 05-08-2022, 02:38 PM   #67

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Your take is very interesting and way more to that story.
One might also assume that because we do pay rather large amount of taxes that those potholes you mentioned, actually get repaired instead of hitting the same one for the last 3 years. I think citizens probably feel they are not getting the best bang for the buck. Especially when those same cabinet members will receive a substantial raise with those taxes, while other public sector workers have to be content with no increase standard of living wage.

Heck, you can’t even see a dr here unless you are on deaths door. Even then it maybe too late.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Especially when those same cabinet members will receive a substantial raise with those taxes, while other public sector workers have to be content with no increase standard of living wage.
Those public sector workers don't start their day at 7am with a breakfast "prayer" meeting and end it at 10pm listening to some voter complaining about a pothole.

If it's such a great job, why not run for office?
Old 05-08-2022, 04:55 PM   #69

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
“I'd have to think long and hard if I'd purchase my trailer at current prices.”

True that, and I am thinking long and hard. Just mentioned on another thread that if the 5.0 goes up any further, I will most likely cancel. I have shaved my options to the bare minimum, and my completion date isn’t until 2024. Sure, costs have increased in the last two years for a variety of reasons, but as people have mentioned previously, there’s a fine line with turning a decent profit and gouging the customer.

Housing prices are going up exponentially all over the US as well. There are “investors” who are buying up cheap derelict houses, or even houses that are outdated and maybe need a new roof and some cosmetic repairs and turning around and selling these for 5-6 x what they paid for it. I personally believe these “investors” are huge corporations and foreign investors, and the money being made isn’t going to the “people,” it’s going to corporations and foreign firms. When I sold my house a couple of years ago, it was purchased by a “rep” who didn’t speak English, had an interpreter, and didn’t require any type of inspection.
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 05:59 PM   #70

If you have a pension or mutual funds, you are probably a share holder in those corporations that are buying houses.

Why did you sell your house to an investor?
Old 05-08-2022, 06:15 PM   #71

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Those public sector workers don't start their day at 7am with a breakfast "prayer" meeting and end it at 10pm listening to some voter complaining about a pothole.

If it's such a great job, why not run for office?
Because I’m one of those public sector workers, up a 0500 working short, constantly, in healthcare.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 06:31 PM   #72
Tin

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
It find it interesting that most here are old enough to have experienced inflation and devaluation many times. Yet it seems many do not understand ??
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:05 PM   #73

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
RV's in general are going up in price exponentially. Here is a Jayco under 20 feet, 1 axle and sleeps 3 selling for around $42,400 CDN. They have a few on order but it is no Escape for sure. I remember looking as some like this before we bought our escape and am sure they would have sold for mid $20,000 back in 2018 or before.
They must be selling as I looked a few weeks ago and they had a few in stock. It seems like the smaller ones are asking top $, maybe people are buying smaller to help save on the cost of gas while travelling.

https://www.rvcity.ca/product/new-20...fbs-1768724-29
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:19 PM   #74

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I find it interesting that people want the government ( whatever that may be ) to stay out of their affairs, unless gas prices go up. Then, they want the government to step in and fix things. They also want taxes reduced, but they want the pot-holes fixed yesterday and camp fees reduced.
The government has certain duties to fulfill for a society to operate at a decent level, the potholes and fuel are simple ones. The problem is government doesn’t know when to stop, some like the heavy government control and some don’t. Security vs Freedom I suppose, but those lines are blurred on both sides… Looks like here in the US it’s going to comedown to what state you choose to live in.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #75

Trailer: Past time to update- canceled my 5.0 ��
“RV's in general are going up in price exponentially.”

Yeah, I’ve seen that. Also campsites. Just whizzed past a county site that is dry camping only, pit toilet, no water. Was $20 last year, now they’re asking $50/night. No thanks!
Deva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 07:37 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
...I'm half expecting that eventually ETI will move to a production location away from this high labor cost area...Ron

I thought they were building a facility in Texas.

2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD Diesel 4x4
scubarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:33 PM   #77

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubarx View Post
Per Karl in a recent Q&A session that has been put on hold, how long he didn't say.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:46 PM   #78

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubarx View Post
I feel like the Texas ETI factory is as mythical as an Escape 23’, LOL.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:46 AM   #79

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Years ago a catch phrase was “paradigm shift”. What was is no more and adjustment to the new normal becomes a struggle for many. As my dad said many times “you might have to pull in your horns for a while here till things get “better”. Whether referencing the weather and its suitability for outdoor adventures. Lack of money for new purchases, or struggling to balance work, recreation, school, and helping my folks and the neighbors, an inward look to needs and wants was in order. Things for me always seemed to work out even in tough times. It’s windy here today again, not fit for gardening, fishing or washing the car. But by tomorrow I will have turned in all my nickel cans for a couple $2 bills, filled my mower gas cans, picked up sticks in the yard and mowed the grass. I’ll be looking good for the week, off to have a cup of coffee with my friends and looking forward to a great Tuesday and a great week. It’s how I was raised. “Luck is where preparation meets opportunity” and “the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.” Lombardi
Iowa Dave
Old 05-10-2022, 08:34 AM   #80
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Perhaps overlooked in this discussion is the local situation. Vancouver and vicinity has become an extremely expensive area to live, right up there with the big boys.

Most of you would fall over in shock if you had to move here. Even the most crappy shack is over a million dollars. You'd have a hard time finding a one bedroom condo for much less than 1/2 that in an area that you'd want to live.

Since I've lived in the same area for a long time every time a local house comes up for sale we look at the asking price, not that that means anything, it'll likely be bid up higher. Some we say, remember when that house was $159,000? Later it was $500,000, then a million. Same house last year, 1.5M.

ETI's labor costs probably reflect this situation. The area where ETI produces its' trailer used to be an area where you'd go to escape high city prices, not any more.

I'm half expecting that eventually ETI will move to a production location away from this high labor cost area.

I'd have to think long and hard if I'd purchase my trailer at current prices.

Ron
Ron, I'd say the economy of the local area plays a huge part in the cost increases. Perhaps when and if Escape goes ahead with their plans to add a US production location, the costs will moderate a bit.