Current Management does not support the Escape Family - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2024, 06:31 PM   #161
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpdad714 View Post
2 extensive water leaks, broken refrigerator door, defective awning, defective entry door. They're completely ignoring these issues still supposedly covered by a 2 year warranty that's useless. Just bought my trailer in Sept. 2023. I'd advise anyone who asks never to deal with this company - they just ignore my correspondence.
I recommend you buy a Thor Industries or Forest River product from a Camping World franchise...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:45 PM   #162

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
QUOTE=John in Santa Cruz;465485]I recommend you buy a Thor Industries or Forest River product from a Camping World franchise...[/QUOTE]
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:57 PM   #163

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
While I understand the loyalty to Escape, I think it behooves us to put ourselves in the shoes of a new owner - who shelled out a pretty penny to Escape to buy the camper. It is truly demoralizing to have bought a bunch of problems and finding out that Escape is, sometimes, well short of supportive. I have been there before. The schadenfreude from the loyalists is unfortunate.

I don’t have a solve for the problem for Gumpdad714 but have my sympathies. I wish him all the best. He’d had a rough start - and I hope between Escape Support and local RV repair shop, the issues can be resolved.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 06:58 PM   #164

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’ll never buy a new Pontiac again, I’ll never buy a new Mercury again, I’ll never buy another S-10 Chevy pickup again. I’ll never buy another Dodge Dakota Pickup again. Etc etc.

I cannot Count the mechanical failures I’ve had on cars over the years. Most of them I fixed myself. Some I had to have a shop repair. Some were under warranty, some were not. And now my glow plug timer went out on my 22 year old New Holland Tractor and a new one cost me $17. If I had a dollar for every time I’ve said “This shouldn’t have failed I would have enough for a big McDonalds meal. I’ve seen the engine torn down in a relatively new 1958 Buick that has three different sized wrist pins from the factory. Try to balance that engine. Keep trying, do not ever give up,
You’ll get it and make the best of it before you know it.
Good Luck
Iowa Dave
Old 03-21-2024, 07:13 PM   #165

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
While I understand the loyalty to Escape, I think it behooves us to put ourselves in the shoes of a new owner - who shelled out a pretty penny to Escape to buy the camper. It is truly demoralizing to have bought a bunch of problems and finding out that Escape is, sometimes, well short of supportive. I have been there before. The schadenfreude from the loyalists is unfortunate.

I don’t have a solve for the problem for Gumpdad714 but have my sympathies. I wish him all the best. He’d had a rough start - and I hope between Escape Support and local RV repair shop, the issues can be resolved.
I agree to most of what you said but.... I have seen posts like this before with so little detail on exactly what the issues are I can't make a decision on if it's an Escape issue or a new owner learning issue. From all the posts I've seen lately on the escape facebook page with people having some type of issue Escape has been one of the first to respond with a phone number to call for help. This response was not something they did in the past but customer service seems to be greatly improving.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:24 PM   #166

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post
My fridge doesn’t come open, but, as you know, I made a safety. As to the fridge, have you contacted the manufacturer since they warranty their fridge, not Escape? Same for the window. Seems a mobile RV tech quote on the door and water leaks for ETI’s parts and service would be in line. Also, the door, like the windows is typically Lippert. ETI no longer manufactures their own door. If the tech determines its installation, that could be forwarded to ETI parts and service. If it’s an actual door, then contact Lippert or whomever your manufacturer is.

Generally, when I respond to service positively, I get positive responses. For my Lippert window issues that has not been the case, but for my Max Air fan and any questions to ETI it holds true.

I’ve had both lower and higher quality RV’s than Escape, but Escape has been built as well as the best of them. My knowledge tells me all RV’s have cut corners, and you will have issues. The better ones just have fewer issues. Even expensive RV’s mostly use the same parts as cheap RV’s.
I doubt there is anyone who could have dealt with Escape in a more cordial, professional, respectful and positive manner than I. Having said that, as you know, my trailer is brand new and it is certainly reasonable to expect that my warranty would be honored. I've owned 3 Starcraft trailers, and even though their reputation is not stellar, I've never had the issues with them as I'm now experiencing. We did require the services of a mobile RV repairman for some of the issues. Wish I was as handy a repairman as you. Pretty impressive work demonstrated by many members on this forum. Unfortunately, repairs such as those required in our case are well above my pay grade. I've just been contacted by Escape today about these issues. I'm hoping Escape will remedy this situation quickly. Thank you for your advice.
Gumpdad714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:44 PM   #167

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
Escape will pay for it, though you'll have to find the right repair shop/tech. They will require an estimate, etc. I'd try to have them directly connect with repair shop / tech. That way, you are not on the hook to cover up any gap in the costs.

Sorry this happened to you. Something like this happen with us as well 3 years ago. Escape did pay to repair it but it was a big hassle. Took us a lot of time to have it addressed. But, got over it and have been happy with our experience with the camper. Hopefully you will be as well.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 06:08 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavm View Post
Escape will pay for it, though you'll have to find the right repair shop/tech. They will require an estimate, etc. I'd try to have them directly connect with repair shop / tech. That way, you are not on the hook to cover up any gap in the costs.

Sorry this happened to you. Something like this happen with us as well 3 years ago. Escape did pay to repair it but it was a big hassle. Took us a lot of time to have it addressed. But, got over it and have been happy with our experience with the camper. Hopefully you will be as well.
Very much appreciate your kind words, empathy and encouragement in this situation. You especially nailed it with your observation of the schadenfreude running rampant on this thread.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:12 AM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
I had a wiring issue I was able to resolve on my own, which may have been due to the covid workforce issues. Either way I’m thankful I’m able to make small repairs and modifications myself.
I believe your fridge door wouldn’t stay closed, possibly a latch adjustment fix? I installed a latch at the bottom of mine so it’s secured during travel.
I found it took a little while for me to smooth things out to my liking, same as it would if I moved into a new home.
I had a major issue with my linoleum floor needing replaced, they were the easy part-finding someone to do the work was the hardest part.
I did also have several other minor issues and they worked with me to my satisfaction.

I would call and ask for Jasmine, ask her to send you an email while you’re on the phone with her then check and see if her response is going into your spam box.

If that doesn’t work for you I would sell it, you should be able to recoup most of you money. We all have quite enough to be pissed about nowadays, I sure wouldn’t want to look out at my camper and get angry.
I do hope Jasmine can help you on this so you can get the pleasure most are having with their trailers.
Thank you very much. Greatly appreciate the advice and encouragement.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:14 AM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratos175 View Post
Sorry you are having these issues and from what I have read from others not responding does not seem to be the norm with Escape. Have you tried calling and asking for Samuel or a manager in charge and don't take no for an answer? I would do this and have all of your documentation ready of the times you have reached out to them with no response. Hopefully you get your issue resolved.
Thank you Stratos.
Old 03-22-2024, 05:33 PM   #171

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumpdad714 View Post
2 extensive water leaks, broken refrigerator door, defective awning, defective entry door. They're completely ignoring these issues still supposedly covered by a 2 year warranty that's useless. Just bought my trailer in Sept. 2023. I'd advise anyone who asks never to deal with this company - they just ignore my correspondence.
What actually happened? You listed stuff without any explanation. I am curious as to what the problems are and why it warrants such a negative attitude towards Escape. I have always had great help from them, a couple very recent with fast response.

What were the water leaks and what makes them extensive? Usually an easy fix.

What is the refrigerator door damage. This is under Dometic's warranty and not
Escapes I believe.

Curious as to what the issue is with the awning and door as well.

BTW, and unrelated to my response above, I just bought (well my brother actually paid) a Springfield pedestal from them. With shipping to Calgary it was still WAY cheaper than anywhere else on sale. Just a mention in case anyone is thinking of getting one.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:24 PM   #172

Trailer: 2012 E19
This particular thread was started at a time when management was, shall we say, less than optimal in the areas of customer service and warranty. But since that fella left, things seemed to have turned around dramatically from most accounts. This latest report of difficulty getting ETI to respond seems quite outside the "new norm." I hope things get resolved speedily to your satisfaction.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:12 AM   #173
LRL

Trailer: E23Q; previously: 2017 E21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
This particular thread was started at a time when management was, shall we say, less than optimal in the areas of customer service and warranty. But since that fella left, things seemed to have turned around dramatically from most accounts. This latest report of difficulty getting ETI to respond seems quite outside the "new norm." I hope things get resolved speedily to your satisfaction.
I concur with Mike G. We picked up our E23Q March 1, and had several small problems on the drive home and after. In each instance, ETI was responsive and helpful. They truly do seem to care about the aftermarket experience.
Arcata, CA
LRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 01:40 PM   #174

Trailer: N/A
I am picking up my 5.0 in Chilliwack early July. Driving all across Canada from Ottawa, with my 15-yr old son (road trip!). To ensure that I can deal face to face with Escape for any issue, I have booked 6 nights in Langley BC (40-minute drive).

During that time, I will check/test *everything*, including by "fake-boondocking" for one day.

(and while we are there, we will catch the Rolling Stones in Vancouver )
claude6543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 03:16 PM   #175
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude6543 View Post
I am picking up my 5.0 in Chilliwack early July. Driving all across Canada from Ottawa, with my 15-yr old son (road trip!). To ensure that I can deal face to face with Escape for any issue, I have booked 6 nights in Langley BC (40-minute drive).

During that time, I will check/test *everything*, including by "fake-boondocking" for one day.

That is a sound plan.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 05:47 PM   #176

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Lily"
Send a message via MSN to Sean Murry Send a message via Yahoo to Sean Murry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
What actually happened? You listed stuff without any explanation. I am curious as to what the problems are and why it warrants such a negative attitude towards Escape. I have always had great help from them, a couple very recent with fast response.

What were the water leaks and what makes them extensive? Usually an easy fix.

What is the refrigerator door damage. This is under Dometic's warranty and not
Escapes I believe.

Curious as to what the issue is with the awning and door as well.

BTW, and unrelated to my response above, I just bought (well my brother actually paid) a Springfield pedestal from them. With shipping to Calgary it was still WAY cheaper than anywhere else on sale. Just a mention in case anyone is thinking of getting one.
I too am curious as to exactly what the problems were. There could be solutions available from this forum if the problems are defined.
Sean Murry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 11:09 PM   #177

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
Quote:

Great idea, always best to deal face to face. We picked up our 5.0 a couple of weeks ago & I had booked two nights in a nearby campground. Unfortunately, had to take it back to Escape after the first night for some warranty issues, but they needed to keep it overnight, so we really only had one night to check things out (really not enough time).
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 07:28 AM   #178

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:

Road trip AND see the Rolling Stones! Wow, that should be a great time.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:02 PM   #179

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
You'll find no moss there.