Escape 19 inside set-up - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-22-2015, 12:20 PM   #1
Member
 
Joanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Posts: 69
Escape 19 inside set-up

As I get excited thinking about getting my new Escape, I start to wonder how I'll set up the inside of the trailer. We have a microwave under the stove so no drawers there. Instead, we have one drawer under the wardrobe and also 2 storage shelves in the wardrobe. I have some ideas on how to set it up. But, I'm just wondering what others have done? I.e. Where do you put your food, dishes, pots and pans, clothing, etc. I'd love to hear what you've done! What works well?
__________________

Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
As I get excited thinking about getting my new Escape, I start to wonder how I'll set up the inside of the trailer. We have a microwave under the stove so no drawers there. Instead, we have one drawer under the wardrobe and also 2 storage shelves in the wardrobe. I have some ideas on how to set it up. But, I'm just wondering what others have done? I.e. Where do you put your food, dishes, pots and pans, clothing, etc. I'd love to hear what you've done! What works well?
Hi: Joanne... Here's a how to add drawer space. Don't know if it'll work on the wider drawer under the wardrobe though. This pic shows the small Rubbermaid Cutlery Tray. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1030835.jpg (257.4 KB, 61 views)
__________________

__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'10 Frontier CC. S.E. 4X4 Lng. Bed V6 '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas Ont.( Not the Virgin Islands)
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Felton, California
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Posts: 770
Since we don't have ours set up like yours, what we do may not make sense. Our pots and pans are under the sink. The two drawers under the stove contain flatware and such (large spoons/spatulas are in a holder, sitting on the counter). Our "pantry" is the area under the bed (pull out bins). Our folded clothes are in cloth bins over the bed. We have the full wardrobe but I have a hanging shoe holder in there to act as "cubbies" on one side leaving us the other side to hang a few shirts and such. (Unfortunately, I didn't think to add the drawer under the wardrobe so we lost that storage area.) Everyone has different ideas/needs but getting some ideas from others is definitely helpful.
__________________

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Felton, California
Trailer: Escape 19', 2014
Posts: 770
Good idea Alf!!
__________________

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
Member
 
Joanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Joanne... Here's a how to add drawer space. Don't know if it'll work on the wider drawer under the wardrobe though. This pic shows the small Rubbermaid Cutlery Tray. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Thanks. I'll have to see if we can find something that will work for that drawer! Great idea!
Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
Member
 
Joanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
Since we don't have ours set up like yours, what we do may not make sense. Our pots and pans are under the sink. The two drawers under the stove contain flatware and such (large spoons/spatulas are in a holder, sitting on the counter). Our "pantry" is the area under the bed (pull out bins). Our folded clothes are in cloth bins over the bed. We have the full wardrobe but I have a hanging shoe holder in there to act as "cubbies" on one side leaving us the other side to hang a few shirts and such. (Unfortunately, I didn't think to add the drawer under the wardrobe so we lost that storage area.) Everyone has different ideas/needs but getting some ideas from others is definitely helpful.
Thanks, it's definitely helpful to see what others are doing. I would not have thought to put the pantry under the bed. I definitely want to make good use of that area. I'm quite short and would rather avoid having to use a step-stool all the time.
Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,150
Joanne,
Like you we have the micro under the stove which eliminates the cutlery drawers. Not very experienced with the 19 yet, but after two trips we're getting some ideas and some things are starting to find a home.
The little cubby under the fridge we are using for toilet paper, toilet chems, etc. since it is convenient to the bathroom.
Our pantry so far is seeming to land in the passenger side overhead bin above the dinette. Just seems to be a real natural location for the dry food items.
The pots under the sink, and the cubbies at the base of the kitchen for zip bags, trash bags, extra plastic utensils, etc.
The two mods that I know are in my near future are that I want to build or find some type of sliding drawer insert with at least two drawers to go on the right side under the sink. These will be the cutlery drawers when I solve this.
Under bed build out. Need more time camping in the trailer, but we'll custom out the under bed storage ultimately, just don't know how yet.
I did add two 3M command hooks ($4 at Wally) to the interior fiberglass wall of the shower behind the curtain for hanging 2 towels. They worked out great and location was perfect.
Also bought a 3M command round bathroom mirror, but can't decide yet quite where it will end up in there. Somewhere over the sink. Will be adding toothbrush and soap holder in there as well.
All I can share at this point as we're still newbies to the 19.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:38 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Posts: 10,728
Try to keep heavy items ( like canned goods and pots and pans ) down low.
Keep lighter items, ( like clothes ) in upper cabinets.
__________________
2009 Escape 17B "Toad"
2008 Toyota RAV4 V6 Sport
North Vancouver, British Columbia

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Greg A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Posts: 2,150
"Canned goods?" We gave up the Hormel Chili back in college.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:59 PM   #10
Member
 
Joanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Vancouver Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Joanne,
Like you we have the micro under the stove which eliminates the cutlery drawers. Not very experienced with the 19 yet, but after two trips we're getting some ideas and some things are starting to find a home.
The little cubby under the fridge we are using for toilet paper, toilet chems, etc. since it is convenient to the bathroom.
Our pantry so far is seeming to land in the passenger side overhead bin above the dinette. Just seems to be a real natural location for the dry food items.
The pots under the sink, and the cubbies at the base of the kitchen for zip bags, trash bags, extra plastic utensils, etc.
The two mods that I know are in my near future are that I want to build or find some type of sliding drawer insert with at least two drawers to go on the right side under the sink. These will be the cutlery drawers when I solve this.
Under bed build out. Need more time camping in the trailer, but we'll custom out the under bed storage ultimately, just don't know how yet.
I did add two 3M command hooks ($4 at Wally) to the interior fiberglass wall of the shower behind the curtain for hanging 2 towels. They worked out great and location was perfect.
Also bought a 3M command round bathroom mirror, but can't decide yet quite where it will end up in there. Somewhere over the sink. Will be adding toothbrush and soap holder in there as well.
All I can share at this point as we're still newbies to the 19.
Thanks Greg. I was hoping you'd put your two cents in since we have a similar set-up!
__________________

Joanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.