Escape 21 - Full height Cabinet or not?? - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 21 Build due for May Completion - towed by 2018 F150 S/Crew 3.5L EcoBoost XLT/FX4 6.5 Box
Escape 21 - Full height Cabinet or not??

Hi All,
We at crunch point and have to sign off by close of play on the 7th and having added the above mod to our build we are having last minute second thoughts. As previously mentioned we are novices hence the majority of our build has been influenced buy you folks already. So we would appreciate feedback from our learned friends on the pros and cons before we press the button.
Thanks
John

AnglingMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:18 AM   #2

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 on order. former Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglingMad View Post
Hi All,
We at crunch point and have to sign off by close of play on the 7th and having added the above mod to our build we are having last minute second thoughts. As previously mentioned we are novices hence the majority of our build has been influenced buy you folks already. So we would appreciate feedback from our learned friends on the pros and cons before we press the button.
Thanks
John
John,
I completed my build a few months ago. At the end I decided that if an option was in question, I could afford it, and it would be difficult to add later, I just added it. The ones that I questioned and could be easily added later, I passed on. My option total was around $10,000.00 and I'm pretty frugal in nature. Our last camper a Casita, was a 2001 model and still looked and worked like new. What's a few thousand dollars if it brings you many happy years!
Enjoy the ride!

buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 2018 21'
We got the full height cabinet. Some people prefer the more open space and the window or wish to put a TV there (we don't watch TV in bed). Also, the 21' has a lot of storage already. But we go for longer periods of time and have found the full height cabinet to be convenient and easy to access storage. We would get the full height cabinet again.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #4
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 2ndG Escape 21'LE DejaView pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
This will be our second E21, our first was a 2014 classic and now 2019 2ndG model. There is so much more room inside, you do not need any more storage. The weight is already approaching 4500# as it is. The optional window and "nightstand" without the closet IMHO a lot better option for light and air inside. That corner was dark in our first E21 and we are looking forward to the additional benefits.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:34 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
We have the full length cabinet in our 21 and would definitely get it again. Once we retire, we hope to spend a few months in California a year to be closer to our daughterís family. We donít think it closes things up too much and have outfitted it as a wardrobe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 068EEF20-D61C-405B-8354-5228AC5CC0BC.jpg (136.7 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 983DCF7B-9616-4EC2-A814-D221E76A6CD3.jpg (123.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg C1AEF67F-F22C-47E0-85C7-B24750E830B1.jpg (173.8 KB, 68 views)
Old 02-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #6

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17

We took advantage of the full height cabinet and love it. Initially, we ordered the cabinet without a shelf, but then realized we could maximize the storage area by adding one.

I would order this option again. Good luck with your decision!

IMG_8313.jpg

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #7

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
I LOVE the full height cabinet! I had them put one shelf in the middle (additional cost, but Dirk said he didn't want to put in shelves; I'd probably still be waiting - ). The upper shelf has my laundry basket (I got the 17" wide), which fits perfectly:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The lower shelf has items such as the toaster, rice cooker, waterpik, etc. They're all at an easily reached height.

We felt this option was well worth the cost.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:32 AM   #8

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21

We value the small counter space on the standard cabinet. We charge our devices there and our stereo is mounted there as well. As much as another cabinet would be helpful, I donít think I would want to give up the counter space so handy to our bed. I guess you could put your devices in the full cabinet as well, but I do like open counter.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #9

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
We chose not to get the extra cabinet because we wanted the more open feel you get without it. We are very happy with our decision as we have more storage space than we need. If you choose not to get it I would highly recommend getting the optional window over the drawer stack. The window also contributes to the bright open feel that we like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabwindow.jpg (142.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg window2a.jpg (254.1 KB, 43 views)
Old 02-06-2019, 10:32 AM   #10

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
We have that option and love it. Tv is closer for these old eyes. Plus we can store items there that otherwise would be underneath or in the truck.

Oldtimer is online now   Reply With Quote