Escape sighting? - Page 53 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape

Old 06-20-2016, 10:37 AM   #521

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozy Rosie View Post
Picked up "Sunny" our new 19 on April 14 and were camping at Nehalem State Park 5 days later when we met Steve and Debbie who had picked up their 21 on 4/13. Also spotted an older 19 in our Loop but never saw the Tow or met the owners.
Anne and Dan, What a thrill it was to meet you and to share our experiences on the open road. I've been curious about your route down the coast and your traverse over the Sierras. Did it work out well for you?
We loved Nehalem and will definitely return. We can't recommend the Oregon Public Parks enough, both the State and County (Waterloo) are wonderful. Salute'.

Old 06-21-2016, 12:10 PM   #522

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 F250 Crewcab
Can't believe we saw another Escape in the east: 17' with blue graphics on i90 around mm 220. (Ohio) Didn't catch the tow vehicle. They were heading west. We are heading east... Heading home to NH after Osoyoos and touring all over the amazing USA.

Joe Walsh
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:42 PM   #523

Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Closest I've seen was on 20, somewhere in the middle of Iowa 2 years ago. Not exactly the east.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:05 PM   #524

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
The same 15 footer - twice!

As I was headed up to ETI yesterday, I passed a 15 footer (one of 104 made, so probably the first one I've seen!) towed by a white Toyota minivan on I5, heading north, between Mt Vernon and Bellingham, around 10:30 AM or so.

Then, several hours later, as I was leaving ETI and heading west on the highway (1), who do I see, but the exact same rig heading east! I wondered if they were headed to ETI for any reason.

Cool!

I also saw a 19 footer heading west on 1 as I was heading to ETI, but at that point the two sides of the highway were greatly separated and there was tons of traffic I was in the middle of, so I only got a brief 2 second glance at it. Don't know the tow, but it had some very colorful graphics on the rock guard that I remember seeing on this forum before. Had orange in it and that's all I remember now.

www.UnderKittySupervision.com

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:10 PM   #525

Trailer: 2017 19 Incubating
Escape 17 sighting. Blue/Teal graphics.
Tuesday 6/21 2:30 p.m.
Ohio Turnpike I-80 heading west, mile marker 107.2 east of Toledo
Think there were kayaks on camper or tow vehicle unless I was hallucinating. We were heading east after a long drive.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #526

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Bowman Bay Campground today: Escape 15A with red graphics and a red Hyundai tug. Had my granddaughters with me or I would have hung around longer to meet the folks.
Bellingham, Washington
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:16 PM   #527

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B, 2011 Ranger FX4
Saw my first Escape "on the road" -- a 19 towed by a tan or gold SUV I coudn't ID, southbound on Hwy 19 at the north end of Nanaimo on Vancouver Island, about 1330 hrs as we were homeward bound after 4 nights out.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:35 PM   #528

Trailer: 2011 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancenadine View Post
We were in White Lake last Thurs which is near Salmon Arm but may not have been us you saw, our truck is red.

We saw quite a number of Escapes after Osoyoos and spoke to several of the owners we ran into on our trip to Jasper.
The couple from Seattle, for example, in their 15' in Clearwater and the Ontario group with their 19' we talked to briefly as they were leaving Whistlers campground in Jasper.

It seems the easy introduction to initiating a conversation is "Were you at the rally?"
Quote:
the Ontario group with their 19' we talked to briefly as they were leaving Whistlers campground in Jasper. ]
Hi Lance: I think we talked with you briefly as we were leaving Whistlers Campground in Jasper. You were in a red truck and offered a friendly " were you at the rally" and we only managed a quick "yes we were" when the traffic pushed us along. Thanks for saying hi and sorry we couldn't have had a chance to talk further. If you are ever in Ontario- or if we happen through Maple Ridge- it would be fun to talk further.

Jim
Leisure Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:44 AM   #529

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Just returned from a 5800km motorcycle trip to Dawson City, Yukon and back. I saw a 15 just south of Teslin on the way up and another 15 near the Cassiar-Alaska Highway junction on the way back. While in Dawson I spotted yet another 15 parked in town. There wasn't anyone around, so I took a photo.

Glennrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 04:28 PM   #530

Trailer: 2015 escape 19
Today saw an Escape 19 with green graphics on 31 in Petosky, MI.
Such a rare site here in the mitten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDRay is offline   Reply With Quote