Installing New Bubble Level Indicators - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Modifications and Alterations
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2021, 04:38 AM   #21

Trailer: 2012 Escape 5.0
Just an App, no hardware

I use the "Remote Level" app on my phone from the driver seat, and a second phone on the counter in the trailer. No hardware to by if you have 2 Android phones. No sim card needed, just preload the app and it uses Bluetooth between phones.

That being said, I had a bubble level on the front of my Escape 5.0, but it was too small to easily see. Using that (or a bigger one) with an Anderson Jack was the easiest way to level the trailer side-to-side; then front to back with the trailer jack(s).

One day I'll spend the money on a large level, but the phones I have, and the app was free.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2021-05-21 031836.jpg   Screenshot 2021-05-21 033506.jpg  
JohnE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:57 AM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
i have that app too, on my tablet and phone.... trouble is, the 21 foot long F250 longbed, heh, I have trouble getting a reliable bluetooth connection from the device in the trailer to the drivers seat. that and both my tablet and my phone level sensors have some 'hysteresis', which is a fancy word for saying they stick a little on small movements back and forth.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:07 PM   #23

Trailer: 2012 Escape 5.0
Ya, you have to go slow with the Bluetooth levels, but I suppose with the bigger ball levels it's the same thing, only "wobble" instead of hysteresis.

Technology is great, but this thread has renewed my desire to put a "big" level on the front of the trailer; simple works.
JohnE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 06:57 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Casita (Sold) 2017 Escape 21
We just make it so the fridge runs, the shower drains, and the air conditioning water runs off the rear driver’s side. I have my left/right bubble adjusted so that when it is showing centered it is a little driver’s side down and then I crank in just a little more. Fridge has run well for the last 4 years. Doesn’t seem that being exactly level really matters much.

Never underestimate a man with a Degree in Physical Education.
H46Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 08:04 AM   #25

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskersteffy View Post
The original "bubble" level indicator on the passenger side near the door fell off so I ordered and just received a new pair.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CXBAJBO...roduct_details

Instructions say to level the trailer and then attach new indicators with the bubble centered (i.e., "level").

With the belly band location of the escape trailer, this seems like overkill. I would assume that if the trailer is perfectly level, the belly band is then also parallel to the ground (or close enough). Why not dispense with the whole "level the trailer" routine and just install the new levelers immediately above and parallel to the belly band? This appears to be what ETI did at the factory.
Before installing outside levels, I make sure the bed is level inside. Above all, I want the sleeping surface to be level, so that's where I start.
gwolfe@wvi.com is offline   Reply With Quote