1st trip out... Fridge won't operate on gas - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #11

Trailer: 2015 17B, 2015 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by float5 View Post
You might need to push the reset button on far right and then try again.

This is the optional fridge on the 17. The only button I see on the right is the button to adjust how cold you want the fridge. Is the reset button at the back of the fridge?

Fred

fbalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:08 PM   #12

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbalexander View Post
This is the optional fridge on the 17. The only button I see on the right is the button to adjust how cold you want the fridge. Is the reset button at the back of the fridge?

Fred
Sorry, I don't know where I got the idea that you had the same fridge, as the 17' would be different --- think I only looked at the year. Since it is the first trip out, good chance as someone has mentioned that something is in the burner. I can only tell you to do what others have said and keep trying a few times after checking the burner. Hopefully, it is a minor matter to do with not having been used a while. I don't know if you have a reset button.

float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:14 PM   #13
P&L

Trailer: Escape 19 2015
We just got back from a trip to Yosemite and had the same problem. We e-mailed Escape and Reace said to push the "triangle" button on the unit--we couldn't find it! Does anyone know where it is?

But, when we put the fridge on battery and then selected the propane, the propane worked and we used propane the entire week. It was a work-around for us and we are pleased with the outcome. Now that we are home, we'll have more resources to figure out what is going on....
Old 07-14-2016, 10:17 PM   #14

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B - "Toad". '08 Toyota RAV4 V6
Inside your fridge is a label. It will give the model number. If you post that, maybe somebody with the same fridge can help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fridge label.jpg (70.5 KB, 11 views)

What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:20 PM   #15

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by P&L View Post
We just got back from a trip to Yosemite and had the same problem. We e-mailed Escape and Reace said to push the "triangle" button on the unit--we couldn't find it! Does anyone know where it is?

But, when we put the fridge on battery and then selected the propane, the propane worked and we used propane the entire week. It was a work-around for us and we are pleased with the outcome. Now that we are home, we'll have more resources to figure out what is going on....
Ha, ha, ha, that is the reset button on ours which is inside on strip of buttons. I take it you do not have such a strip you use inside the refrigerator to operate it, as some of us do, far right for that button. So you may have a triangle someplace else. Or not!

P.S. I should not say reset "button" because it is merely a flat place on a strip that you push, just as for operating.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #16

Trailer: 2015 17B, 2015 Highlander
Success! I think!

Just went out to the trailer again to try it. Took the cover off outside first then went in and pressed the buttons. Rushed outside to "hear" for the clicking. Clicking she was. Could not tell if it was lit so I took the screw out that holds the metal cover. On the second cycle, it seems to have lit. Going to leave it running for a few hours to see if the fridge cools more on propane than it did on 110.

This whole scenario begs the question (which I asked before) is it better to leave the propane bottles "on" or turn them "off" when the trailer is not in use. BUT... will I lose all my propane over time if I leave them on?!

Fred
fbalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
I have always had better luck with 120v than propane and if available I use 120v operation. Leaving your propane system "on" can run the risk of leaks if unattended. I use propane while towing and find that it is almost just as cold as with 120v.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Leaving your propane system "on" can run the risk of leaks if unattended.
What leaks are you referring too? My guess was gas, but don't want to jump to conclusions. There is no more risk of gas leaking whether turned to gas or electric.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 01:09 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Yes, propane leaks anywhere from the tanks to the appliance, was where I was referring to. There has to be some release other wise you would not have to reprime the lines each season..
Old 07-15-2016, 01:40 PM   #20

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbalexander View Post
This whole scenario begs the question (which I asked before) is it better to leave the propane bottles "on" or turn them "off" when the trailer is not in use. BUT... will I lose all my propane over time if I leave them on?!
While it makes good sense to leave the tanks shut off when the trailer is unattended for a long time (that is, in storage), there is no reason to shut it off while you are camping - whether you are using anything propane-fueled or not. If propane is leaking out of the system, the loss of propane should be the least of your concerns... any leak needs to be fixed.

Brian B-P is online now   Reply With Quote