Lead times WAY down! Deposit in 2/15, already a move up to 6/28! So will be ?s. - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-28-2023, 01:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
True, the attached cord can be pulled out only as far as needed. You're still putting away wet whatever's been out in the rain, though. The reason I'm looking forward to detachable is because I remember times when the attached cord would coil around something and get caught, necessitating a trip inside to pull the seat apart and free it up. (Gee, when will technology allow a wireless 120V connection??)
The reason I like the detachable cord is that it means no hole in the camper for ants and other creatures to follow inside the camper. On our scamp we had the non detachable cord and ants waltzed right inside the camper on the cord! I find the detachable cord is much easier to handle as well and probably more easy to service if and end gets bunged up.

For me the options that are must haves are: solar, 2 6v batteries(or if you can afford it lithium), AC, surge protector, extra 12v outlets inside and out, awning light strip, low pressure Lp hookup, all the outside hatches, and detachable power cord.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 06:58 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
I wouldn't have anything other than a detachable cord. And this nifty tool makes it a snap to carry:

www.amazon.com/Gardner-Bender-CW-T3RR25-Organizer-Reusable/dp/B002TRI1MG/ref=sr_1_2?crid=202Q3K8PI2AXW&keywords=cable+wrapt or&qid=1677632115&sprefix=cable+wraptor%2Caps%2C19 4&sr=8-2
Attached Thumbnails
Cable Wraptor.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 08:30 AM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
That looks cool. I use two rubber coated twisty ties.
Ian and Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 09:58 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Thanks Karen, just ordered one....
Old 03-01-2023, 11:23 AM   #25

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post

Neat tool. I will get it for my heavy Extra 30 amp cord.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 11:40 AM   #26
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
This hose and cord caddy is what we use for our hoses and electric cords.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...75&sr=8-2&th=1

Fits perfect through the access hatch under the bed of our 21C. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
This hose and cord caddy is what we use for our hoses and electric cords.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...75&sr=8-2&th=1

Fits perfect through the access hatch under the bed of our 21C. -Bea

I have to see if the hatch(only one rear passenger side one, on E19s). Is bigger than my Classic(small & REALLY hard to get the deattatchable power cord out). I think/hope because of the squaring off of shell, they could go a couple inches taller? Also need the one rear one for longer things, rolled up mats for under crating(all indoor Trials), for other long things.

I have 2 hatches on hand to install myself, once I see the new E19, & where to put them. As I split the bench cushions & lids on the bench seats. Getting in the front is a lot easier, but I tend to pile stuff on the back half, so an access hatch to the front half seems to be the way to go.
Old 03-01-2023, 01:25 PM   #28

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
I have no trouble getting water hoses and electrical cords in & out of the rear PS side hatch on my gen 2 E19. The hatch seems large enough for that.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:23 PM   #29

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I don't understand why people continue to say this. I've NEVER put the cord back inside wet or muddy in either of my travel trailers, since 2002. A paper towel laid on the hand and the cord fed inside, wipes everything off. Probably easier than trying to wipe off and coil a detachable cord. Common sense seems to be in short supply sometimes..... If you want a detachable cord, get it. But use honest reasons, not some weird made up ones to justify it...
I think the detachable cord is the only thing I got that I would leave off the next time. I miss only having to pull out what you need when you're 5 ft from the electric box. I always used the paper towel too, but now I have to use 2 or 3 with the detachable cord if it's wet or muddy.
Old 03-01-2023, 08:06 PM   #30

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Bathroom Window, can't add afterwards
Well, you can it’s just not for the faint of heart!
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post184287
Old 03-08-2023, 11:31 AM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B/2021 F150 w/ 3.5 Ecoboost
I can't believe the cost of the new Escape trailers now. Good heavens.
advenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 01:40 PM   #32

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
I have the detachable cord and I would not get it again. on the 19 the regular cord stuffs into the area on driver's side rear under bed. you really can't assess this anyway. as pictured you could build a small box around it. If you change your mind, you can always add a detachable cord down the road.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:34 PM   #33
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Pros and cons both ways, it seems. We opted not to get the detachable cord so that we can thread our Wifi or Cell Data booster cords out of the hole with the electric cord. Its mouse and ant proof with our 1/2 inch stiff foam insert around the cords at the opening. We also take a paper towel and wipe it clean and dry as we thread it back in. You could build a box for it under the bench or be lazy like us and place a collapsable laundry hamper like this https://www.amazon.com/Simplized-Lau...jaz10cnVl&th=1 by the opening to contain the cord. It doesn't move around and keeps the cord from tangling with other stuff in the area. The round cord caddy, mentioned earlier is for our extension cords. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 01:19 AM   #34

Trailer: 2016 5.0 TA
Like Donna and others, another vote here for the direct connected power cord. I use a smaller bar towel in one hand and ‘push’ the hose back through with the other. Fast, effective and so easy. I wouldn’t want a separate cord to have to wrestle with. Also, my cover plate is still very tight and I’ve never had any problems with any ants or anything.
land’SCAPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 08:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by land’SCAPE View Post
Like Donna and others, another vote here for the direct connected power cord. I use a smaller bar towel in one hand and ‘push’ the hose back through with the other. Fast, effective and so easy. I wouldn’t want a separate cord to have to wrestle with. Also, my cover plate is still very tight and I’ve never had any problems with any ants or anything.

It is such a unless corner back under there, And I want to start keeping more weight in the rear. To much heavy stuff in the storage box up front & the back of the truck. I'm bring metal crates, because one was dog reactive for 7 years, the other is a pup yet. Someday will lighten up. So far I use the cord about 50% of the time.