Lead times WAY down! Deposit in 2/15, already a move up to 6/28! So will be ?s. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2023, 12:07 PM   #1

Trailer: 2013 E19
Lead times WAY down! Deposit in 2/15, already a move up to 6/28! So will be ?s.

I'm in a strange situation, with ETI's Much MUCH shorter lead times. So I am letting other people know just HOW short, & what fast thinking can/will be needed, that has to be done now. I put a deposit down (maybe was 2/15ish?)while on a 5 week "Chasing Trials" trip. Got a finish of 7/6, & only one week later already a move up to 6/28. I can somewhat can dash any time to pick it up. But, have never gone through the build new, stuff. Luckily I HAVE studied the E19 a lot, but was more on the Classic. & ETI has dropped options.

BUT, what is happening is I'm having to decide my Build sheet NOW! Still on the road til 3/23=24. ETI want a sign off 3/24. (So might be some fast questions here).

But, telling people, yes, lead times are way down, & so you have to have studied Options well, before you even put your deposit in, if asking for as short a time as possible. Which I kinda do, as some here know I do tend to tear mine apart inside again!

P.S. So also my E19 2013 (western in NC)will be for sale, after I change my E19s out.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 06:46 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 E19
Think on the bright side: many people have agonized for months, dithering as they try to decide how to configure their new Escape.... but you won't have to! You get merely a few days of agonizing!
Old 02-26-2023, 10:59 AM   #3

From feed back on fb, Move ups on certain sized trailers is happening. Yes. I'm guessing it's because of fiberglass molds used....(more people want 21's & 5s?), are determining the build finish times. I'm guessing 17s might even be shorter!

So looks like I'm guessing with 19s & 17s, you can have your trailer before Summer! SO, if sitting on the fence between a 19 & 21 (I was)? Between having it to use longer this summer vs not, may push you one way or another.

Also I'm not looking for "odd custom", I may get even an earlier date, if stock(I'm guessing more the stoves, frigs, ACs, etc.) is on hand.
Old 02-26-2023, 09:17 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
We completed our build sheet in about 5 minutes without thought. The most important thing was a bed bigger than in the 17B we had. On a budget money wise and a weight budget, keep it light, we ordered,
Maple Interior
Sliding Windows, less likely to break, standard
Manual Awning, more reliable, standard
AC, wife, no ac, no trailer
Front storage box
4 Captains Lights
Door on end of the Front Bench
2 Way Hot Water Heater, we always get electrical sites
Propane Disconnect, now standard, works with our Weber
Kitchen Window, can't add afterwards
Bathroom Window, can't add afterwards
Awning Light Strip

A few things we forget and regret.
We didn't add any USB outlets, the standard one in inconvenient
Forgot the built in surge protector.
Forgot the detachable cord.
I should have gotten the solar prewire for flexible panels taped to the roof.

We don't live in our trailer, we only use it a few weeks at a time so many of the options we don't really need.
Old 02-27-2023, 01:31 PM   #5

I own a Classic E19, & know what I want for traveling with 3 good sized high drive dogs. So I will be moving some stuff from that one over. As much as the Anderson WDH is cumbersome to set up. For me, a woman getting older & nerve damage on right hand. The pieces are light weight, & plain takes less "muscle" to connect it up. Haven't decided on detachable cord(have it now, & a real pain for me to drag it out, you have the whole cord out, rain? putting the whole thing away wet, then the condensation, etc.). As that back corner for the cord storage in my classic, is pretty USELESS anyways. But, I think the one standard hatch is larger now? Might as well leave the spot for attached cord there. Just a lot of little ?s of what IS still available, as Video, online list & new online Configuration thing. Don't match.
Old 02-27-2023, 04:04 PM   #6

True, the attached cord can be pulled out only as far as needed. You're still putting away wet whatever's been out in the rain, though. The reason I'm looking forward to detachable is because I remember times when the attached cord would coil around something and get caught, necessitating a trip inside to pull the seat apart and free it up. (Gee, when will technology allow a wireless 120V connection??)
Old 02-27-2023, 04:11 PM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
You're still putting away wet whatever's been out in the rain, though.
I don't understand why people continue to say this. I've NEVER put the cord back inside wet or muddy in either of my travel trailers, since 2002. A paper towel laid on the hand and the cord fed inside, wipes everything off. Probably easier than trying to wipe off and coil a detachable cord. Common sense seems to be in short supply sometimes..... If you want a detachable cord, get it. But use honest reasons, not some weird made up ones to justify it...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 05:31 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I don't understand why people continue to say this. I've NEVER put the cord back inside wet or muddy in either of my travel trailers, since 2002. A paper towel laid on the hand and the cord fed inside, wipes everything off. Probably easier than trying to wipe off and coil a detachable cord. Common sense seems to be in short supply sometimes..... If you want a detachable cord, get it. But use honest reasons, not some weird made up ones to justify it...
Oh, I’m sure your comment wasn’t directed at Chasing Trials, Donna. She did mention nerve damage to one hand that makes dealing with the detachable cord difficult. I’m not being critical, just trying to avert a misunderstanding!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 05:35 PM   #9
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Oh, I’m sure your comment wasn’t directed at Chasing Trials, Donna. She did mention nerve damage to one hand that makes dealing with the detachable cord difficult. I’m not being critical, just trying to avert a misunderstanding!
No, not anyone in particular. I see I actually quoted Mike, but it could be ANYONE that says folks would put away a groody cord. Why do people feel they need to justify their choices like this? Seriously.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 09:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Doh! Oh, thank you, Donna. I never thought of the paper towel. All that time I pushed mine in as-is. I can learn a lot from people on this forum!
Old 02-28-2023, 01:02 AM   #11

Quote:

Right, and 99% of the time it's a lot shorter length to deal with. (I'm thinking of having to leave a certain time..... in the pouring rain). I also don't plan on using it much. I have a bad right hand, handling the weight of the whole cord alone every time it's needed, is not what I want to being doing the next 10=15 yrs. I have set uo a pole with a hook, to hook it pull under the trailer if needed. Plus I think build a rounded smooth wall to help keep it to it's own space.
Old 02-28-2023, 06:48 AM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
Plus I think build a rounded smooth wall to help keep it to it's own space.

I'm away now and don't have access to my home computer with photos or I'd post the mod that I did.

Basically a 6" high wall on two sides to contain the cord and also prevent it from being pushed into the back of the the electrical panel and wiring. Just happened to be the size of a storage box clear plastic lid held on by a bungee for easy access in case of a jam.

Never had to remove the lid. Pushing the cable into a walled off space works perfectly. Probably just using a storage bin the right size with a hole cut for access would also work well.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 08:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I'm away now and don't have access to my home computer with photos or I'd post the mod that I did.

Basically a 6" high wall on two sides to contain the cord and also prevent it from being pushed into the back of the the electrical panel and wiring. Just happened to be the size of a storage box clear plastic lid held on by a bungee for easy access in case of a jam.

Never had to remove the lid. Pushing the cable into a walled off space works perfectly. Probably just using a storage bin the right size with a hole cut for access would also work well.
Ron

Great! OK, I was on the right track. Of course I have JUST donated the right sized tote cleaning out my garage/woodshop. to make room for my 1st car in over 40 yrs. Sold 2nd Tacoma for a super low mileage 2016 Pruis V. As far as I'll go towards EV.
Old 02-28-2023, 09:15 AM   #14

I used to have ants get into the trailer by crawling up the attached power cord and through the hole. But I've since read a tip about wrapping an insecticide-soaked rag around the cord.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:37 AM   #15
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Haven't decided on detachable cord(have it now, & a real pain for me to drag it out, you have the whole cord out, rain? putting the whole thing away wet, then the condensation, etc.). As that back corner for the cord storage in my classic, is pretty USELESS anyways. But, I think the one standard hatch is larger now? Might as well leave the spot for attached cord there. Just a lot of little ?s of what IS still available, as Video, online list & new online Configuration thing. Don't match.
Sounds like your situation is unique. We had an attached cord in our old Starcraft and really didn't think much of it. Our Rpod came with a detached cord and I actually preferred it because of added length and convenience of just coiling it up and tossing it in the back of the truck and later into the storage. Have fun planning out your E19!
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:27 AM   #16
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
....convenience of just coiling it up and tossing it in the back of the truck and later into the storage. Have fun planning out your E19!
I have been debating about the attached and detached cord. It’s funny how sometimes you don’t thing about the simplest solution. “Just coil it up and stick in the back of the truck if it’s dirty.” Thanks for a simple solution.

Once clean I’ll put it in a plastic tote to carry in and out for storage in the trailer.
occer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:33 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape
Here is a detachable power cord. $75. Now you can have the best of both worlds.
https://www.acehardware.com/departme...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2023, 11:54 AM   #18

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Basically a 6" high wall on two sides to contain the cord and also prevent it from being pushed into the back of the the electrical panel and wiring.
Ron
here are Ron's mods
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2023, 01:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
Sounds like your situation is unique. We had an attached cord in our old Starcraft and really didn't think much of it. Our Rpod came with a detached cord and I actually preferred it because of added length and convenience of just coiling it up and tossing it in the back of the truck and later into the storage. Have fun planning out your E19!

Yes it is. I have to carry so much heavy Dog Trial stuff already, Food, crates, mats, chairs, exercise pens, carrier to get that TO an area, etc. in my truck. I do need to keep/move some weight to the rear. Cord weights a lot.
Old 02-28-2023, 01:42 PM   #20

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Quote:
Yes it is. I have to carry so much heavy Dog Trial stuff already, Food, crates, mats, chairs, exercise pens, carrier to get that TO an area, etc. in my truck. I do need to keep/move some weight to the rear. Cord weights a lot.
This brings to mind one of our favorite things about Escape. When they say Escape trailers are “Built For You,” they really mean it. So many different ways to customize for your likes, needs, and wants!
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote