New Fridge Topic: A Different Approach - Page 13 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #121

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klem View Post
Well Parker you have me over the barrel... So to speak. We won't see 85 degrees unless the house is on fire!

Going south in February so we'll see then ... But hopefully there will be an x20 cooling unit hanging on back of this 6.7

Mel
Hi: Klem... WOW!!! I can't even smuggle a 1/4 of a red pepper into the States. How you gonna get an X20 in there? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie

escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 07:40 PM   #122

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Klem... WOW!!! I can't even smuggle a 1/4 of a red pepper into the States. How you gonna get an X20 in there? Alf
X20 has no seeds..... Never has and never will.

Isn't that the state of affairs ... Busted Smuggling a refrigerator engine into the States ...because I don't want my dairy products not to perish.

A hero among RVers.. : ). ??

Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 09:58 PM   #123

Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
That should be worth at least a campfire story; maybe even a song!
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:00 PM   #124

Quote:
Well Parker you have me over the barrel... So to speak. We won't see 85 degrees unless the house is on fire!

Going south in February so we'll see then ... But hopefully there will be an x20 cooling unit hanging on back of this 6.7

Mel
Hi: Klem... At 10:30 pm., the refer is down to -5*C. on Max. That's the coldest it's ever been!!! Changed the setting to 3 bars for over nite. Might just leave the thermistor where its at. Might have to start packing the salad stuff in an insulated bag again. Alf p.s. The red pepper was washed and seeded!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:44 PM   #125

Trailer: 2014 19'
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Klem... At 10:30 pm., the refer is down to -5*C. on Max. That's the coldest it's ever been!!! Changed the setting to 3 bars for over nite. Might just leave the thermistor where its at. Might have to start packing the salad stuff in an insulated bag again. Alf
'That's cool' Alf! Speaking from experience you may have gone too far, I did.

Listen to the burner and see if it ever turns off. I moved mine away until it 'decoupled' (the frig geek said), meaning the burner was running continuously. So then I hung the thermistor on the drain chute and got a steady 1 power setting gain. And the burner cycles on and off over a period of time.

The burner needs a rest or the system doesn't complete the normal cycle, but it seemed to me there was more cooling potential available.

Chiil out Alf : )

Mel K
Klem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:15 AM   #126

Quote:
'That's cool' Alf! Speaking from experience you may have gone too far, I did.

Listen to the burner and see if it ever turns off. I moved mine away until it 'decoupled' (the frig geek said), meaning the burner was running continuously. So then I hung the thermistor on the drain chute and got a steady 1 power setting gain. And the burner cycles on and off over a period of time.

The burner needs a rest or the system doesn't complete the normal cycle, but it seemed to me there was more cooling potential available.

Chiil out Alf : )

Mel K
Hi: Klem... Before I set it to 3 bars it ran on 2 for a while and warmed up to 0*C. If it's warming up that should indicate it's not running continuously... I'd think. More fine tuning in the am. Alf
Old 10-04-2014, 01:40 AM   #127
grc

Trailer: Four Wheel Camper
Concerning the RM8555, I found a Dometic web page that has their Refrigerator Recall List but it does not give a reason why the RM8555 model with the Automatic Energy Selection is on the recall list.

Has someone else already seen this and talked about this or is RM8555 being on the recall list something new?

Search - Dometic
grc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 02:27 AM   #128
grc

Trailer: Four Wheel Camper
Here is a quote from a Dometic Service Manual for the new 8 series, RM8xxx.
This manual looks to be from 2007-10 as shown on page 1 of the pdf file, so this could be before Climate Class was started.

The quote below using the word "identical" is from page 19 of the pdf file of this Dometic manual.

"On the back side of the 8-series fridges the same components are used as with the 7xxx-Generation. Cooling unit, Gas Valve GV 100, burner control device P810, burner and heating elements are identical."

http://web.adria.dk/wp-content/uploa...ice-RM8XXX.pdf
grc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 09:34 AM   #129

Hi: Klem et all... This am on 3 bars, the thermistor on the wire shelf, the refer is at +4*C. Perfecto!!! Wish I could create an 85*F. day to go along with my experiment. Sigh!!! Alf
Old 10-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #130
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
Reading all these attachments and references to Dometic and it's subsidiaries to find the correct information reminds me a lot of doing this while I was employed and working. This is the type of stuff I had to look for and hunt for in trying to follow the money, now we are trying to follow Dometic's refer build specifics.....I need a day off