Plugs - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes... if the plug on the end of the cord is worn, which plugs into the campground receptacle. I'm not sure that's the worn part, given this description:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I wanted to replace my plug thing that plugs into my 17 then into the camp ground plug.
especially since this suggests the TT-30 is not the part in question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I bought a 30 amp plug /cord but it doesn't fit my trailer plug it is two flat things on an angle and a middle round thing ...
and the part of interest matches an L5-30 locking connection instead:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
... while my trailer plug is three flat things one has a little curl on it.
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:57 PM   #12
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,323
Brian, that's a very concise and complete description, actually!
__________________

__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 02:05 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
LeonW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Posts: 980
good job, Brian.
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:08 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,243
I think I need the one that Leon suggested I have his old trailer yes you are right I got a 30 amp extension cord but needed a cord with the 30 amp thing for the camp site and a locking one for the trailer end.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,429
Kate.
Hold onto the cord you bought. Not very often, but once in a whole you need more than the standard 25 foot cord to reach the power source. Amazon has what you need. Search for 30amp detachable RV Piwer Cord.
__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 9,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
I think I need the one that Leon suggested I have his old trailer yes you are right I got a 30 amp extension cord but needed a cord with the 30 amp thing for the camp site and a locking one for the trailer end.
Glad it's sorted out. I assume the locking (trailer) end is the worn part.

I still think someone who is willing to do some wiring work would probably appreciate getting the original cord, to rejuvenate it with a new locking (L5-30) connector, or to make it into an extension cord with a new TT-30 connector (cord-mounted receptacle).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
C&G in FL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tampa Bay Area, Florida
Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Kate.
Hold onto the cord you bought. Not very often, but once in a whole you need more than the standard 25 foot cord to reach the power source. Amazon has what you need. Search for 30amp detachable RV Piwer Cord.
Too late to edit, but I meant "once in a while," NOT "once in a whole."
__________________
Carl
2015 F150 2.7 EcoBoost (Big Spot)
2015 5.0TA (Little Elsie)
"What a long, strange trip it's been....."
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post


I still think someone who is willing to do some wiring work would probably appreciate getting the original cord, to rejuvenate it with a new locking (L5-30) connector, or to make it into an extension cord with a new TT-30 connector (cord-mounted receptacle).
Marinco sp? even markets a plug specifically for that purpose. I bought one a couple of weeks ago to make a short cord, 15 amp plug to 30 amp connector plug, so that I didn't have to leave my "good" 30 amp cord out in the elements all winter. I also don't need 30 amps in the winter for a 60 watt bulb so a standard extension cord works just fine.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
padlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Southwick, Massachusetts
Trailer: 5.0 TA #6, 2012 F150 EB
Posts: 3,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Marinco sp? even markets a plug specifically for that purpose. I bought one a couple of weeks ago to make a short cord, 15 amp plug to 30 amp connector plug, so that I didn't have to leave my "good" 30 amp cord out in the elements all winter. I also don't need 30 amps in the winter for a 60 watt bulb so a standard extension cord works just fine.

Ron
I did the same for the same reasons. $25 on Amazon, non Marinco.
NU-SET RV dogbone adapter 15 amp male to 30 amp female locking connector - Rv Receptacles - Amazon.com

__________________
Happy Motoring
Bob
padlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Olympia wa, Washington
Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Posts: 1,243
Thanks for all the help
__________________

Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off






» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.