Replacing toilet flush valve !?!?!? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Problem Solving | Owners helping each other
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2015, 07:00 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17B, 2012
I was able to replace the leaky valve. I had to remove the toilet but the hardest part was the trials and errors to thread the stiff supply line to the new valve. Next step is to add in a shut off valve similar to Jon and Myron. In my 17B the line is very close to the wall so I hope I can get a clean cut for the Sharkbite fittings.
Thanks to all!

Old 04-08-2016, 06:54 PM   #32

Trailer: 17B 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
We know that ETI has since changed the pex in the toilet supply line inside the trailer to a flexible pex but for everyone who has the existing solid pex, this could be a solution.
Anyone know if the shark bite fittings and shutoff valves in this thread can also used on the flexible pex tubing escape is now using on the toilet supply line? Is escape still saying no to customer requests for this shutoff vale on new builds?

gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:07 PM   #33

Trailer: 2008 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
Anyone know if the shark bite fittings and shutoff valves in this thread can also used on the flexible pex tubing escape is now using on the toilet supply line? Is escape still saying no to customer requests for this shutoff vale on new builds?
I thought I read that the shut off valve is now either an option or standard....can anyone confirm?
Sandia Park, New Mexico
FMLNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #34

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I went behind the wall. Why take a chance?
Myron I had talked to you awhile back about putting in a shut off valve . I can't use the shut off value you used , or go in dinette . Seems they have a very short plex about 3 in total then it goes into bath . It appears it is opposite side from yours . Then in bath it looks like a white flexible flex? Line . I got the shut off from "little house customs ". Hopefully I can cut line and install behind toilet in bath . It pushes on and I think is shark bite ? It doesn't have handle like on yours and I wouldn't have room if it had handle . So glad I saw this today . Wondering if I cut line and removed toilet would make it much easier , then push on one side , put toilet back then push on other side ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 08:04 PM   #35

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocamp View Post
Shark Bite connectors work on any water pipe, including PEX. I much prefer crimp connectors, cheaper, simpler, and less likely to leak. You do need to own, borrow, or rent a crimper though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 03:47 PM   #36

toilet shut off

Toilet valve put in after 2 days . Needed plumbing supply to open today . walked in showed her pictures , walked out with solution . Clean and fast . As you can see I had 3 1/2 in between bands to install shut off on plex. Would not work . So went in bath and was trying to install inline . Would of required all kinds of connections 3/8 to 1/2 . A mess. This is so easy and takes a few minutes, this solution . Cut off Plex connection with a sprinkler PVC cutter . Cut it like butter . Posting this in case others need to install shut off . Pat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0675.jpg (170.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0676.jpg (93.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0678.jpg (97.7 KB, 31 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0679.jpg (103.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:51 PM   #37

toilet shut off more pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Toilet valve put in after 2 days . Needed plumbing supply to open today . walked in showed her pictures , walked out with solution . Clean and fast . As you can see I had 3 1/2 in between bands to install shut off on plex. Would not work . So went in bath and was trying to install inline . Would of required all kinds of connections 3/8 to 1/2 . A mess. This is so easy and takes a few minutes, this solution . Cut off Plex connection with a sprinkler PVC cutter . Cut it like butter . Posting this in case others need to install shut off . Pat
More pictures of toilet shut off
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0680.jpg (99.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0681.jpg (107.0 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0682.jpg (112.7 KB, 29 views)
Old 04-11-2016, 03:53 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
More pictures of toilet shut off
Can someone move this to thread toilet shut off ? I am in wrong thread . Pat
Old 04-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #39
Site Team

Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape 19' PRAIRIE SCHOONER pulled by 2014 Ram Hemi/8sp
nice job, just remember to drain or get antifreeze in the loop(last picture) you have created. Will ETI install one from factory?
Old 04-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
nice job, just remember to drain or get antifreeze in the loop(last picture) you have created. Will ETI install one from factory?
Hi Jim never have had to use anti freeze . Guess I could get shorter line . They only had stainless , not nylon . The fitting will swivel if I need . Pat