IF considering a 2024 F150 purchase .... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-08-2023, 11:51 AM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Lightbulb IF considering a 2024 F150 purchase ....

Posting just FYI because I had such a positive experience with this dealer (and know many others who have had the same experience including forum member @KAVM). Granger Ford offers no 'kickback' for customer referrals.

Granger Ford (Granger, Iowa, a suburb of Des Moines) has posted their 2024 F150 sales info here.

I have no affiliation with this dealer other than being a Very Satisfied customer. I purchased my 2022 F150 from them, having placed the order on 12/22/2021 and taking delivery of the truck on 6/6/2022.

Hands-down the most positive vehicle buying experience in my life, absolutely zero 'games', everything exactly as represented from placement of order to delivery. My salesperson was Chip Giles (chipg@grangermotors.com) but the dealer culture, business model, and all the staff from top-to-bottom are equally 100% customer-satisfaction oriented.

When I bought the standard Granger F150 Order 'deal' was 3% below invoice; for 2024 it's 4% below invoice. I shopped and negotiated special-ordering with my local to Austin, TX (and others in Houston, DFW, and San Antonio) dealers but got lots of runaround and found no deals remotely near what Granger offered with no negotiation. Yes, that includes factoring-in the Southwest Airlines flight to Des Moines and costs of a leisurely 3-day 900-mile drive home (with a stop at the B&W Hitch factory in Kansas to have a turnoverball hitch installed). YMMV.

Two docs attached just FYI
  • The "Order Preview" showing our agreement for specs and price on 12/22/2021
  • The Monroney Sticker for my truck as built on 5/12/2022 and delivered on 6/6/2022
You will note that the line-item MSRP's on the window sticker are higher than the MSRP's on the order; that's because Ford increased MSRP's between my date of order and the date my truck was built (and Monroney stickers always reflect MSRP on date of build). But No Worries, Granger 'locks' the agreed sales price on date of order so that's what you pay.

The Granger Sales Price is not contingent on any particular financing you may use and there is no further discount for a 'cash' transaction; you do not need to make financing arrangements until the truck is delivered; you can finance through Ford Credit via Granger, other Granger lenders, or your own lender of choice.

Note, too, that you can choose between whatever Ford incentives and Ford Credit financing terms are in effect on the date of Order OR in effect on the date you take delivery (but not any that began and expired between those dates). The choice is yours and you are NOT required to use Ford financing. In my case I elected to use 36-mo / 0%APR Ford Credit financing which was offered at the time of my Order (terms which expired before my delivery date).

A 'remote purchase' may not work for everyone (Granger does NOT offer delivery arrangements remote from their lot in Granger, IA), but if willing to travel to take delivery IMO Granger Ford is worthy of consideration.
Attached Thumbnails
A E Granger Order Final.jpg   F150 Window Sticker with Payload.jpg   01 R.jpg  
Old 09-08-2023, 12:07 PM   #2

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
No adaptive cruise control? We travel on two lane roads where ACC would be appreciated.

Never should have bought our Outback with ACC, since ignorance is bliss.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 09-08-2023, 12:24 PM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 2017 GMC Canyon Duramax Diesel
Centex, thanks for posting. Helpful information.
Chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:33 PM   #4

Trailer: 2024 Escape 5.0
"Hands-down the most positive vehicle buying experience in my life, absolutely zero 'games', everything exactly as represented from placement of order to delivery. My salesperson was Chip Giles (chipg@grangermotors.com) but the dealer culture, business model, and all the staff from top-to-bottom are equally 100% customer-satisfaction oriented."

Alan - I agree 100% - Purchased my 2023 F150 through Granger Motors earlier this year. Chip & staff were fantastic to deal with. Placed my custom order 2/28/23 and factory delivered the truck to Granger less than 4 weeks later. Booked my SWA flight to Des Moines for mid April pick up. Granger shuttle met me at the airport & I was in and out of dealership in about 30 minutes then began my 1700 mile drive home - Easy Peasy! I had checked with most Ford dealerships in Northern CA and none could touch Granger's (3% below invoice) price, nor did they have exactly what I wanted. Custom ordering through Granger allowed me to get the options I wanted and not have to pay for options I didn't. Also got the $1000 customer cash Bonus Ford was offering for custom orders.
jjdeluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 12:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Butler View Post
No adaptive cruise control?
Oh yeah, definitely with ACC, first exposed to that on my now-gone Honda Ridgeline, I love it and wouldn't do without ever again.

Edit - though not mentioned on the posted docs, ACC is part of the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0" package which is listed on those docs. Note that package contents may be different for the 2024 model year. IME the soon-to-be-released "Dealer Order Guide" is the definitive resource for trim and package content info (see the thread linked in my OP, Zach at Granger mentions he will post the 2024 Order Guide there as soon as it is available).

I believe mine has all of the possible 'driving aids' with the conscious exception of "Blue Cruise" (Ford's version of semi-hands-free autonomous driving) and the 'automated parallel parking system'. Those I can do without (YMMV).
Old 09-08-2023, 01:50 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 None
I live in Iowa. Great information to know. Thanks for posting. Nice looking truck.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 03:24 PM   #7

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Alan steered me to Granger Ford when we were looking last year. Exact same experience. They are 5 hours west of here. We agreed beforehand on a trade in value of our truck, only having sent them pictures of it. The only possible thing I could say on the down side was orientation of all the bells and whistles was pretty minimal. But as for the buying process, so easy and so stress free. No dealer underhanded maneuvers or slimy attitude. Chip Gales was also our sales person. Our window sticker was $70,250 and we paid $62,861. Yes we had to pay state sales tax when we brought it back to WI and that's not included in that price.
Old 09-08-2023, 10:06 PM   #8

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
I bought my 2021 F150 from Granger Ford as well. Very positive experience. If I were to buy another Ford vehicle, I’d look to Granger Ford as well.
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:10 PM   #9

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Levittown, Granger, and Flood Ford dealers all get high marks on the Ford Ranger Forum.
Old 09-09-2023, 07:03 AM   #10

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
We purchased our 2022 F150 from Chip at Grainger and had a similar positive experience. Compared to what I could find at that time it probably saved me about $5K.
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 07:33 AM   #11

Glad to see others here have enjoyed the Granger experience, thanks for chiming in.
Old 09-12-2023, 10:35 PM   #12

Lightbulb Ford has released details on the 2024 F150

For those interested in the 2024 F150, Ford released a bunch of official detailed info about it today, links to much of that are in this post on an F150 forum (including a link to a Build & Price configurator):

2024 F-150 Refresh Revealed .....

Still considered a "Gen 14" F150, this is a mid-generation 'refresh'.

There's quite a few changes compared to the '21-'23 Gen 14, particularly in the arena of what's included with various trim levels and option packages; some for the better, some not so much, IMO.

Overall there's fewer discrete option choices, aligning with a previously stated manufacturing simplification objective by Ford. That may make it more difficult if not impossible for some folks to get a truck with exactly what they do and don't want (i.e more compromises).

YMMV as always!
Old 09-12-2023, 11:32 PM   #13

Trailer: ‘Tranquility Base’. 2023 5.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Oh yeah, definitely with ACC, first exposed to that on my now-gone Honda Ridgeline, I love it and wouldn't do without ever again.

Edit - though not mentioned on the posted docs, ACC is part of the "Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist 2.0" package which is listed on those docs. Note that package contents may be different for the 2024 model year.
Yep I have the CoPilot 2 package on my 2022 F150. Includes Adaptive cruise control, lane centering, emergency evasive action, and I believe speed sign recognition is part of that package? (which is used by the cruise control).

Love when I turn on cruise control AND lane centering. The truck will literally drive itself
Old 09-13-2023, 12:56 AM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
my new-to-me 2019 Expedition has that stuff, i've not messeed with it much, but I was sailing down I280 on cruise, and someone pulled in front of me, and the truck slowed and increased the gap all on its own, so I guess it works. I probably should read up on how to enable the lane following.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 08:03 AM   #15

I find 'lane centering' more than a bit annoying when driving in the right lane on highways where the right-lane right-edge solid white stripe follows exit ramps ..... the steering often exerts a momentary firm tendency to 'take the exit' which must be firmly 'countered' with hands on the wheel if intending to go straight (but difficult to do that without still experiencing a slight 'wiggle' unless timing of the 'countering' input is perfect).

The cam-based lane centering also self-disengages (with an attendant warning) when lane stripes are obscured (sometimes even by sun-glare) or confusing ... constant vigilance is required, it definitely does not promote 'hands-free' driving, and in fact if the truck senses no hands on the wheel it raises an alarm.

I'm quite selective in its use, fortunately it's relatively easy to de-activate / re-activate.

Tweaks to those sorts of systems / algorithms are occasionally delivered via OTA (Over The Air) updates 'pushed' to Gen 14 trucks via the built-in modem / wi-Fi.

BTW, there's no indication that Ford has substantively changed any of this sort of Gen 14 technology as part of the 2024 refresh, though a Heads-Up-Display on the windshield (HUD) for certain info is now available on higher trim levels.
Old 09-13-2023, 08:43 AM   #16

Quote:
.... Overall there's fewer discrete option choices, aligning with a previously stated manufacturing simplification objective by Ford. That may make it more difficult if not impossible for some folks to get a truck with exactly what they do and don't want (i.e more compromises). ....
One interesting example affecting trailer towing fans of the PowerBoost drivetrain (which allows selection of the onboard generator) ....

Playing with the 2024 Build & Price Configurator it seems that, even when the Trailer-Tow Package is selected, the wonderful Trailer-Tow Mirrors option is not allowed on 2024 PowerBoost F150's.

I would hope that's just a glitch in the configurator (?). It'll be interesting to see what's in the soon-to-be-released PDF 2024 Dealer Order Guide, which is usually a more definitive resource than online configurators.
Old 09-13-2023, 10:07 AM   #17

Trailer: ‘Tranquility Base’. 2023 5.0.
Quote:
I find 'lane centering' more than a bit annoying when driving in the right lane on highways where the right-lane right-edge solid white stripe follows exit ramps .....

I'm quite selective in its use, fortunately it's relatively easy to de-activate / re-activate.
Yep, agreed, you have to know it limitations. It’s definitely not meant to be used as an auto pilot.

Took me a while to experiment but I found just leaving my left elbow on the door frame by the window and resting my hand on the wheel at the 9pm position provides enough torque for the wheel not to constantly nag me.
Old 09-13-2023, 01:19 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Always glad to hear of great service from a dealership. Rich Ford in Albuquerque did us good on our F150 last Fall. No hype or up-sell. Even negotiated on price, which at the time was unheard of.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 01:59 PM   #19

Exclamation The USA 2024 F150 Order Guide is posted

(I'll post if I run across a link to the Canadian version)

At ~1.23MB the PDF is too large to attach on this forum, but here's a download link. Note the Order Guide is subject to revision at Ford's whim, but when that happens the revision is promptly available.

And no, the Trailer Tow Mirrors are not allowed on any configuration of the PowerBoost drivetrain.

Here's the "Major Changes" page, but there's lots of other changes evidenced throughout the complete document which aren't listed on this page:
Attached Thumbnails
2024 F150 Major Changes.jpg  
Old 09-13-2023, 02:37 PM   #20

Please pardon or ignore my continuing posts, I'm an admitted F150 geek and perhaps (?) some of this is of interest to others here.

The multiple and sometimes confusing tow-related packages of years past have been dropped in favor of a single "Tow/Haul package (53T)" for 2024.

I know several members here have reported enjoying a tow package along with the 2.7 EcoBoost engine, but that combination has been eliminated along with the previously available 2.7 Payload Package.

Having said that, the stand alone Integrated Trailer Brake Controller (67T) option is available with the 2.7 EcoBoost on the XL, STX, and XLT trim levels.

Methinks some folks may not appreciate some of Ford's 2024 option-bundling decisions.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 TOW-HAUL PACKAGE.jpg