Weighing a Tacoma and 19 GVWR with WD Hitch - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Towing and Hitching
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Big problem Tacoma is payload. the weight distribution hitch is 98-135lbs . escape fast weight e-2 right about 98lbs all that weight is behind the axle. its surprising how quick the paylaod can add up, 2 people and a dog and 400 lbs of tough weight. and maybe truck cap. I holding of on the WDH untill i tow the trailer with out and see how it feels. I think any weight it moves to the front axle would not be enough to offset the weight it adds to the back axle . Of couse i will have to weigh it so i sure i not over loading the Tacoma rear axle
I totally agree with you on the payload, yes it adds up quickly! But where did you get 98 lbs for the e-2 WDH?? I have one for my 2018 19’, and while I consider myself to be a pretty strong gal, I can carry the thing around pretty easily and get it into the stinger without help. Not sure I could do that if it weighed almost 100 lbs! I think it weighs something like 50 lbs. That doesn’t include the bars though.
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #22

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
wow thats good mileage. also did you use a WDH?
Yes I used the Fastway E2
adrianp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #23

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmo7000 View Post
I totally agree with you on the payload, yes it adds up quickly! But where did you get 98 lbs for the e-2 WDH?? I have one for my 2018 19’, and while I consider myself to be a pretty strong gal, I can carry the thing around pretty easily and get it into the stinger without help. Not sure I could do that if it weighed almost 100 lbs! I think it weighs something like 50 lbs. That doesn’t include the bars though.

ETI told fast way told me its 98lbs . That would be with bars and hardware. also when i removed it from my build it did take 98lbs off the build weight. I still may ad it but I would like to try the trailer without it. seems the owners with them like them and the owners with out there not needed.the other thing is these look like a pain to hook up unless you have the power jack. I was also looking at the husky but that are even more weight here is what E trailler told me about both units."Either would be a good choice, but I'd give the Husky system an edge becasue its sway control component is a bit more effective. The Husky system use a 4 point sway control system, with friction resistance provided in the head where the trunnion bars attach and at the contact point between the frame brackets and the spring bars. The Fastway system only provides friction at the point where the frame brackets contact the spring bars. The Husky system also includes the 2 inch ball, which isn't included with the e2. If you go with the E2, the ball is available separately as # EQ91-00-6080."
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19, "Zen Purple", 2017 4X4 Chevy Colorado/Duramax
Oh yeah, I’m not sure I would have gotten the WDH if I hadn’t also gotten the power jack. With the jack, hitching is quick and painless. Without it, it would be not more complicated, but definitely more work!
salmo7000 is offline   Reply With Quote