ADCO custom cover for Escape 5.0 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2023, 12:58 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
ADCO custom Sunbrella cover for Escape 5.0

Just got the custom ADCO cover put on our 5.0 and I am pleased with how it fits. It has lots of straps that are well attached and heavy duty zippers. I bought it from Covercraft in Oklahoma $935 with tax. https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...over.ACY-CRVS?

I ordered it tan but they made it gray but we actually prefer the gray now that we have it. That's our dog Biscuit she's a three year old great pyrenees.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2340.jpg   IMG_2339.jpg   IMG_2341.jpg  
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 05:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Yes, it looks like it fits like a glove.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 05:53 PM   #3

It was much easier to put on than the ill fitting classics accessories cover that we had before, since you don't have to deal with all the extra material. And the front and back have an elastic sewn into the edge like a fitted bed sheet. Once it's on it doesn't easily blow off and you can then go around and connect all the straps.

I think that the non specific covers can work well for the other escapes because there are so many more sizes available, but there really are no other small fifth wheel trailers out there. The classic accessories cover that we got from Escape when we got our trailer was really for a much bigger trailer something like this.
Attached Thumbnails
image_2023-11-03_165303092.jpg  
Old 11-03-2023, 06:15 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
Just got the custom ADCO cover put on our 5.0 and I am pleased with how it fits. It has lots of straps that are well attached and heavy duty zippers. I bought it from Covercraft in Oklahoma $935 with tax. https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...over.ACY-CRVS?

I ordered it tan but they made it gray but we actually prefer the gray now that we have it. That's our dog Biscuit she's a three year old great pyrenees.
pricey but a great fit... Do you have solar panel(s)?
Old 11-04-2023, 07:45 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
That cover looks perfect.

Our Classic Accessories cover is huge in all directions and really blows around when we're putting it on.

Thanks for the link. Did they already have a pattern for your 5.0TA?
Old 11-04-2023, 09:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
pricey but a great fit... Do you have solar panel(s)?
It was pricy, but our HOA and county won't let us put up one of those carport things because they don't meet the snow load building regulations. We would like to build a proper garage but that's probably not going to happen anytime soon.

We have just the one solar panel on the back, I put foam corners on all four corners of the panel first and I removed the back up camera antenna.
Old 11-04-2023, 09:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
That cover looks perfect.

Our Classic Accessories cover is huge in all directions and really blows around when we're putting it on.

Thanks for the link. Did they already have a pattern for your 5.0TA?
Yeah, I know all about that, the classic acc. cover said it was for a 22-24' fifth wheel trailer. One winter parts of ours ended up down on the ground and then it got frozen in ice. I cut the bottom two feet off of our cover and melted the zippers at the ends so the runners wouldn't zip off the ends.
Then I used wood worker clamps to take up all the excess material at the back, like these. https://www.amazon.com/HORUSDY-6-Pie...1zcF9hdGY&th=1

They did already have a pattern for the Escape 5.0 so ordering was supper easy. It took six weeks to get it after it was ordered.
Old 12-13-2023, 09:23 AM   #8

Quote:
Yeah, I know all about that, the classic acc. cover said it was for a 22-24' fifth wheel trailer. One winter parts of ours ended up down on the ground and then it got frozen in ice. I cut the bottom two feet off of our cover and melted the zippers at the ends so the runners wouldn't zip off the ends.
Then I used wood worker clamps to take up all the excess material at the back, like these. https://www.amazon.com/HORUSDY-6-Pie...1zcF9hdGY&th=1

They did already have a pattern for the Escape 5.0 so ordering was supper easy. It took six weeks to get it after it was ordered.
I just ordered one...Hope they get it right!..Yours looks great
Old 12-13-2023, 12:15 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:

Then I used wood worker clamps to take up all the excess material at the back, like these.
I roll up the excess onto a 1" diameter aluminum tube, a 1"x2" piece of wood would do, and clamp it.

That type of clamp rusts when left outside and wet. I use large plastic clothes pins.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #10

Quote:

I'm looking at the Covercraft website for ordering and wonder if you simply went by the order form for your cover or did you call them to ensure everything was going to be correct?

Do you recall the length you specified for your trailer?

I will check with the local RV dealer, where I bought my first ADCO cover, to see if they can order this more custom cover. Perhaps I can save on some of the cross-border payment pain.
Old 12-13-2023, 05:22 PM   #11

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
I'm looking at the Covercraft website for ordering and wonder if you simply went by the order form for your cover or did you call them to ensure everything was going to be correct?

Do you recall the length you specified for your trailer?

I will check with the local RV dealer, where I bought my first ADCO cover, to see if they can order this more custom cover. Perhaps I can save on some of the cross-border payment pain.
I talked to them today...Ordered on the website and they assured me that someone would be in touch.... Pricey at $1300 for sunbrella...But should help with the gelcoat fading....Not sure why I even got sunbrella...except it held up well on boat cushions I have had in the past.
Old 12-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #12

I got the dimensions from Escape, I think it was 21'3" that I told them but I don't think it matters because they already had the pattern for the Escape 5.0TA.

I have the spare tire taken off but there is room for the cover to go over the spare tire.

I didn't talk to them at all, just ordered it and it fits perfectly.
Old 12-14-2023, 11:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I roll up the excess onto a 1" diameter aluminum tube, a 1"x2" piece of wood would do, and clamp it.

That type of clamp rusts when left outside and wet. I use large plastic clothes pins.

Ron
Sounds like a good idea.

Maybe where you live but we don't have humidity here so rust isn't much of a problem. I only had it covered in the winter when humidity is especially low as low as 5% and had them out for four winters, no rust at all.
They do make all plastic ones though if you do live where rust is a problem.
Old 12-14-2023, 11:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofmerc View Post
I talked to them today...Ordered on the website and they assured me that someone would be in touch.... Pricey at $1300 for sunbrella...But should help with the gelcoat fading....Not sure why I even got sunbrella...except it held up well on boat cushions I have had in the past.
It was on sale when we bought ours I think it was $200 off and $1,100 at full price. Maybe they will get it made for you faster this time of year.

They never contacted me, as they already had a pattern for the 5.0 There were several emails to reassure us that our cover was in the lineup and was still on schedule, and then again when it was shipped.
Old 12-14-2023, 01:34 PM   #15

I turned the bag that came with the cover into a very large dog bed 45"x45". It was way bigger than needed for this cover and I never used the bag with our previous cover. I wonder if they only make one size bag. Made a really nice dog bed, here's Biscuit and Indie on the bed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1536 - Copy (2).jpg  
Old 12-14-2023, 04:48 PM   #16

Quote:
It was on sale when we bought ours I think it was $200 off and $1,100 at full price. Maybe they will get it made for you faster this time of year.

They never contacted me, as they already had a pattern for the 5.0 There were several emails to reassure us that our cover was in the lineup and was still on schedule, and then again when it was shipped.
they told me 42 days minimum for making it... I'm in no hurry
Old 12-14-2023, 06:37 PM   #17

Quote:
I turned the bag that came with the cover into a very large dog bed 45"x45". It was way bigger than needed for this cover and I never used the bag with our previous cover. I wonder if they only make one size bag. Made a really nice dog bed, here's Biscuit and Indie on the bed.
That is a big dog bed!