No air coming through kitchen sink - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2023, 12:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
No air coming through kitchen sink

Doing the compressed air thing like last year. Emptied the fresh tank, pulled anode from water heater and bypassed. Hooked up compressor (set at 40psi). Getting air through outside faucet, bathroom faucet, toilet, but no air through kitchen faucet hot or cold. Am I missing something?
beebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:19 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
Doing the compressed air thing like last year. Emptied the fresh tank, pulled anode from water heater and bypassed. Hooked up compressor (set at 40psi). Getting air through outside faucet, bathroom faucet, toilet, but no air through kitchen faucet hot or cold. Am I missing something?
Your trailer is newer than mine so things could be different, maybe you turned a couple of shutoff valves while turning off the ones connected to your hot water tank.

Escape has a good step by step video on winterizing. Except just as the instructor has wrapped up the part referring to compressed air and about to start the antifreeze instructions, he tells you he forgot to mention the draining of the water pump. This step is to be done right after the tanks get drained, so you then need to blow the lines out all over again.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 03:57 PM   #3

Rechecked bypass valves, only ones turned are the water heater ones. Is there a video for draining the water pump? I ran it for about 30 sec. after draining the tank.
Old 10-28-2023, 04:14 PM   #4

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Don’t the newer trailers come with a Hepvo drain? That is like a backflow preventer…

Just sayin’…
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Oh, faucet! Never mind…��
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Rechecked bypass valves, only ones turned are the water heater ones. Is there a video for draining the water pump? I ran it for about 30 sec. after draining the tank.
Yes there is a video on draining the water pump, it’s on Escapes website. You did it in the correct order, it’s just not given in the correct order, at the beginning of the video. Dave the instructor later in the video makes the correction.

In your case I’d troubleshoot by hooking up the water again and verifying that the sink water stills comes out. Could be a faucet issue.
Old 10-28-2023, 04:36 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape
With the air pressure on and the kitchen faucets open what happens if you go back and open the bathroom sink faucet again? Still have air? If not the water line might have separated.

With kitchen faucets open but all others closed does the compressor continue to run, or does it shut off when the 40psi limit is reached? If it continues to run then the air is going somewhere. It should not be able to go backward to the fresh water tank, but you can check that by unscrewing the pick up line at the pump inlet.
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 04:58 PM   #8

Got cold and rainy here in mid-mo. Will check stuff again tomorrow. I can leave the hw bypassed, hook up city water and if the only thing I turn on is the kitchen faucet, it won't fill all the lines, correct? (I'm still learning)
Old 10-28-2023, 05:23 PM   #9

Trailer: 21
Check and see if the facet aerator is clogged
Old 10-28-2023, 05:31 PM   #10

Boy, that would be a nice easy fix! Fingers crossed.
Old 10-28-2023, 05:39 PM   #11

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Got cold and rainy here in mid-mo. Will check stuff again tomorrow. I can leave the hw bypassed, hook up city water and if the only thing I turn on is the kitchen faucet, it won't fill all the lines, correct? (I'm still learning)
It’s going to fill everything enough to be an issue. You’ll need to blow everything out again to be safe.
Old 10-28-2023, 05:50 PM   #12

I can do that.
Old 10-29-2023, 03:32 PM   #13

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
I bought a new Milwaukee battery powered inflator yesterday. The battery is now charged, and I bought a plastic blowout screw in cap, but which adapter do I use to connect the blowout cap to my air hose? As it is now, there's no seal. Surely, there is some sort of rubber gasket?

Thanks for any insights.

Michael
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 04:08 PM   #14

Fixed!

Kitchen sink hose that allows the spigot to be pulled out was crimped due to frying pan being shoved up against it. Those lines to the faucet look like stainless mesh, but are, in fact, plastic. Fortunately, I found out before I hooked up city water again. All I had to do was blow out kitchen sink.
Old 10-29-2023, 04:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
I bought a new Milwaukee battery powered inflator yesterday. The battery is now charged, and I bought a plastic blowout screw in cap, but which adapter do I use to connect the blowout cap to my air hose? As it is now, there's no seal. Surely, there is some sort of rubber gasket?

Thanks for any insights.

Michael
This is what I use with my Milwaukee, I set mine at 40.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0843.jpg  
Old 10-29-2023, 04:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
This is what I use with my Milwaukee, I set mine at 40.

Awesome (and bummer)! I saw this one at HD yesterday, but thought it wouldn't fit. Foolish me. At least I know wherre to find it, so I need not wander HD's aisles aimlessly.

Thank you!
Old 10-29-2023, 05:12 PM   #17

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post

Thanks for any insights.

Michael
I'm not sure you can use an inflator to blow out the lines for winterizing. My experience is you need an air hose quick connect fitting to go on the blowout cap.

I may be wrong.

Edit:
I just saw the post above with the proper blowout cap. Told you I might be wrong.
Old 10-29-2023, 05:49 PM   #18
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
My blow out plug does not have a valve which is just fine. I have a rubber tipped air nozzle on my compressor. I made this funky thing about 20 years ago to blow out a drain and it has turned out to be super use full. I can blow out the lines and the traps on the trailer. It's simply a hand exercise ball with a length of vinyl tubing pushed through it.
Attached Thumbnails
ZZ5WglEUS4eRSWSYdWpitw.jpg  
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 06:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageRpod View Post
My blow out plug does not have a valve which is just fine. I have a rubber tipped air nozzle on my compressor. I made this funky thing about 20 years ago to blow out a drain and it has turned out to be super use full. I can blow out the lines and the traps on the trailer. It's simply a hand exercise ball with a length of vinyl tubing pushed through it.
How do you keep the dog from chasing it?
Old 10-29-2023, 07:11 PM   #20

I’ve watched videos and spoken with a person on how to use the inflator, so I’m confident I am doing it correctly. However, the inflator keeps giving me an error message. I’m so incredibly frustrated right now.