5.0 featured on TogoRV - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Media Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2023, 07:25 PM   #21

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
Great interior height too as I’m tall, I don’t follow what the 6’ 4” - 7’ range means.
The 5.0 has a sloped ceiling.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 08:44 AM   #22

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA, Toyota Tundra CrewMax
The new Escape Trailer Industries owners are more conservative in their TV recommendations for the 5.0TA.

When we bought ours, Reace was assuring ppl that a 5.5' bedded vehicle would work fine. In fact, his personal TV was a Ford with a short box.

We started our Escape ownership with the short box Tundra and have since gotten another of the same vehicle. When we went to the newer truck we had the option of getting a longer-box model but the short box had worked flawlessly for us so we kept the convenience of the larger cab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepaweb View Post
A lot of 5.0 owners tow with 5.5' bed trucks. It's true you cannot make a 90 degree turn with this bed length but I have never been in a situation where this is necessary.
Like nepaweb, I've never found a 90º turn to be necessary.
Old 09-19-2023, 08:51 AM   #23
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamunique127 View Post
The new Escape Trailer Industries owners are more conservative in their TV recommendations for the 5.0TA.
I'm wondering if anyone at Escape Trailer Industries owns or uses an Escape built trailer. That was one thing about Reace & Tammy. They USED every single model of trailer they built. It's easy(ier) to make recommendations when you have first hand knowledge about usability. That includes the tugs!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 09:14 AM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
We have the 6.5' box on our F150 and bought that length specifically on the recommendation on the ETI site. The selection of trucks is going to be better with the 5.5' box and I agree with everyone that the 90degree turn is not a normal situation. All that being said, if we had to do it all over again, we would still get the longer 6.5' box simply because of the added storage available in the bed.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 11:51 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm wondering if anyone at Escape Trailer Industries owns or uses an Escape built trailer. That was one thing about Reace & Tammy. They USED every single model of trailer they built. It's easy(ier) to make recommendations when you have first hand knowledge about usability. That includes the tugs!
Karl once told me they had a couple of trailers employees could check out for a weekend…but I don’t think most of them could afford to own one on their pay!
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 07:42 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Niagara Wine Escape #'s

Hi: All...We just got back from another perfect Niagara Wine Escape. This one totaled 40 trailers, 19 of which were Escapes, 7 of which were 5.0's. That's the most we've ever had of Escape trailers. We tow w/ a 4X4 Ram 5'7" bed and it works great for us. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.9, 5th wheel, couples