Escape Named Portable Music Player - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Product Reviews
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Escape Named Portable Music Player

I thought I would add this to the review section as it does have the word escape on it and it is getting close to Xmas.

The short verdict is that at $30 Canadian this is a great disposable, rechargeable, Bluetooth, mp3, radio that I got on sale at Andres Electronics. They have about 25 stores here in BC and one in the Yukon. It is also available at other stores including Amazon at various prices.

For me, it is important that it plays my mp3 music, which it does via USB or micro USB. For others it might be important that it plays music from your phone via Bluetooth, which it does. Since it also has a built in mic you can also, in theory, answer your phone calls around the picnic table if your phone is in the trailer.

Primary service will be outside around the picnic table/campfire. Plugging in the power cord is said to act as an antenna for distant radio stations. It measures approx 2.7 x 2.7 x 9 inches and has a nice rubber button pad on top and rubber feet. It also has an English speaking voice that prompts you through the modes.

The sound is OK and I am very pleased, but it is no Bose. It does sound better when backed up to a wall/object or placed in a corner. But then again it is only twice the price of the TAX you might spend on a Bose. Would I pay the full price of $70...probably not unless I really wanted it for the name. The company also makes other models including one that is on sale for $21 Canadian.
Attached Thumbnails
A9662DAE-E66E-43E4-AAA2-2F50E94CDA01.jpg   7C192F13-910E-4A71-A94E-24E70CED2048.jpg   1403F8FD-F54E-4189-9DA8-39DE114EFFC0.jpg   B7A7AA84-F46E-4CF8-A95B-7F608B3B350D.jpg   DE58E2B2-4AA5-46E1-A74D-5AEF45721D3B.jpg  

8348CF3C-92FE-46C3-95BA-2BE0F4EB27F4.jpg   81B208E6-B4E4-4198-A991-00852AF52FFA.jpg   40587688-7A56-4427-A9C6-2498883FAA6B.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 09:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Escape

There's lots of Escape items.
Ford Escape SUV
Another Escape named travel trailer

And a favorite of mine....an IPA out of Colorado
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2745.jpg  
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
They say BOSE stands for Buy Other Sound Equipment.... I've always thought it was heavily overrated and overhyped, and overpriced for the performance you get.

I'm very happy with the sound quality from my JBL Charge4 bluetooth speaker, it runs 20 hours on a charge and can play as loud as anyone sane would want to play in a campground. it has stereo line input too, which works better for video (BT audio has an inherent delay). its totally waterproof, submersible even, so if falls in the pool or a lake or whatever, no biggie. Bonus, they come in a gajillion colors, and if you have two of them, they can be wirelessly linked to play in stereo, or if you have multiple, they can be wirelessly linked to all play together (you have to use a phone app to do this linking)

I also tried their smaller/cheaper Flip model, it too sounded very good but didn't have quite as much bass nor could play as loudly. probably fine for most campers who prefer soft acoustic music. the Flip also can be linked with other Flips.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
There's lots of Escape items.
Ford Escape SUV
Another Escape named travel trailer

And a favorite of mine....an IPA out of Colorado
A fellow gave me a can of Escape beer but before I could finish the beer I was drinking, another person who I thought was my friend, cracked my present it and drank it. I cried at the time but kind of got over it.
Iowa Dave