Eagerly Awaiting Puffin's Escape (21NE) - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2022, 04:14 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21NE
Talking Eagerly Awaiting Puffin's Escape (21NE)

Hello all! I've been lurking on here for a while but given that I just submitted the first draft of my configuration sheet, it seemed like a good time to kick off my intro!

My name is Christine and I live in Raleigh, NC with my husband, two little boys (7, 9), dog (6 mos. med husky/shepherd mix), and 2 cats... it's a full house! We have been camping with our kids since they were toddlers and as we've branched out further from home, we realized a travel trailer would be really convenient. We purchased a Roulottes Prolite Mini at the very beginning of January '21 and it has been well-loved. We immediately took her to local state parks around us, and have also taken it to New River Gorge, Shenandoah, and Smokey Mountain NPs. In October we took a 3 week cross-country road trip to UT and AZ (our kids are in year-round school so they are in for 9-12 weeks and then out for 3). We hit up Zion , Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mesa Verde NPs, and a handful of state parks along the way.

As we took our big trip across the country, we realized a larger trailer would be a lot more comfortable, especially as the kids grow. Escape had caught my eye as a beautiful, high-quality fiberglass trailer. We saw several on our travels and the owners were so friendly in letting us view them and telling us about their experiences. I put a deposit on a 21NE in November and was thrilled to see the timeline moved up from May 2023 to November 2022. We're naming our new trailer 'Puffin's Escape' and have begun planning our next big trip as Yellowstone/Grand Tetons in June 2023.

I'm on Instagram as @newtonsinmotion. Would love to follow other Escape owners, and really appreciate how helpful these forums have been thus far.
newtonsinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 06:15 PM   #2

Trailer: 21
Welcome to our little world may you many many wonderful adventures in your Escape
Old 04-13-2022, 06:39 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Christine:
to our little fiberglass world...
Old 04-25-2022, 08:15 AM   #4

Trailer: Placed deposit on 21 NE
Congratulations! We re from Ithaca NY and Toronto. We pick up our 21NE next Tuesday. You will be surprised how fast time goes!!!
DennisJGray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 01:19 PM   #5

Thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisJGray View Post
Congratulations! We re from Ithaca NY and Toronto. We pick up our 21NE next Tuesday. You will be surprised how fast time goes!!!
Yes, we just submitted our final build sheet and I'm so anxious to move along to next steps, but also know that it'll be here before we know it! Thinking we'll just have a couple of trips left in our current trailer before we sell it to a friend.
Old 04-25-2022, 01:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2023 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonsinmotion View Post
We purchased a Roulottes Prolite Mini at the very beginning of January '21 and it has been well-loved. We immediately took her to local state parks around us, and have also taken it to New River Gorge, Shenandoah, and Smokey Mountain NPs. In October we took a 3 week cross-country road trip to UT and AZ (our kids are in year-round school so they are in for 9-12 weeks and then out for 3). We hit up Zion , Bryce Canyon, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mesa Verde NPs, and a handful of state parks along the way.

As we took our big trip across the country, we realized a larger trailer would be a lot more comfortable, especially as the kids grow.
Of out curiosity, how did you like the Prolite? As a Canadian-built lightweight trailer, the larger Prolite Classic was on my initial list of contenders.....before I discovered molded FG and ordered an Escape.
Selkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 03:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selkirk View Post
Of out curiosity, how did you like the Prolite? As a Canadian-built lightweight trailer, the larger Prolite Classic was on my initial list of contenders.....before I discovered molded FG and ordered an Escape.
We have loved our Prolite and it has served us well for the many trips we've taken during our short ownership of it. We did originally want a fiberglass trailer but were in a bigger hurry to get one at the time, and I also had to sell my husband on the idea and the higher cost. After taking numerous trips in our Mini, I was finally able to talk him into the Escape as we wanted a little more sleeping space and I wanted a bathroom. But the Mini fit perfectly within our garage which was our primary requirement at the time. It is also super easy to move and navigate as inexperienced trailer campers. We were already on the glamping spectrum so the Mini helped us up-level and realize what we could live without... and also made it easier to get away for all types of trips and weather scenarios.

All that being said, our Mini has maintained its great condition after rigorous use. Our friend got the Cool at the same time and she had a few hiccups with hers, but most were user error (rock from landscapers broke a window, her dog ate her 7 pin connector cable, etc). Mine has a few scrapes on the wood inside from camping chairs shifting around during travels, etc, but aside from that she's made for very comfortable camping experiences.

Tags
21ne, kids, new member