Hello from Maine! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2021, 12:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Smile Hello from Maine!

Hi, folks! 24 hours ago we were on the verge of pulling the trigger on an Oliver, not having seen other options that were of good quality and more reasonable prices. The other option we were looking at, the Casita, just weirded us out with it's carpeted walls. We had set up a time to view an E19 but the images on the website did not give us much hope. We thought the bathroom in the middle would make the space feel like a tunnel. We almost cancelled the viewing. We're so glad we didn't! A kind gentleman named Carl showed us his E19 and it was so much nicer than we expected. It may not be as refined as the Oliver, but the layout is actually really nice. The bed is bigger and I can stand in the bathroom. We're just waiting to hear back from the sales folks on how to do the deposit. We've got a list of questions we'll pester folks here with. Looking forward to learning more!
We are planning on an Escape 19 and towing with our Ford Ranger. Hope that goes well.
AuthorSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 12:40 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Sean, to our little fiberglass world........
Old 06-30-2021, 01:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
The 19 is a very nice trailer. The shower is adequate and the aisle width is such that two people can pass by each other. Tows very well, is able to take quite a bit of the cargo load in the front end and not exceed recommend tongue weight. Fits in limited length campsites and is towable by smaller vehicles. Best of luck to you.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-30-2021, 01:41 PM   #4

Thanks!

Just made the deposit. Was really disappointed to find out we have to wait 2 years to pick her up....
Old 06-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
You’ll see varying opinions on the wait time too. Moving dates up by several months has happened recently and often works out for the better as far as getting a trailer in time for an upcoming spring-summer- fall season or even if the new owner is hoping for a winter trip to warmer climes. Start working on your build sheet so you’ll be ready is you get a surprise chance to jump your date ahead would be my advice.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-30-2021, 02:01 PM   #6

I will, thanks!
And I've got a ton of questions to start posting here.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Make sure you look at the 21 and the 5.0 before you make up your mind.

They are both nice.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 03:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Make sure you look at the 21 and the 5.0 before you make up your mind.

They are both nice.
We'd love the 21, but it's too close to the towing limit of our truck (7500lbs).
Old 06-30-2021, 06:08 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthorSP View Post
We'd love the 21, but it's too close to the towing limit of our truck (7500lbs).
This seems odd as most Escapes have a 5000/# limit, not 7500#
Old 06-30-2021, 06:24 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
This seems odd as most Escapes have a 5000/# limit, not 7500#
Oh, jeez, you're right! I was getting mixed up with another brand. That is an intriguing option, but it seems like the 19 would be a bit easier to maneuver, wouldn't it?
Old 06-30-2021, 07:11 PM   #11
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Oh, jeez, you're right! I was getting mixed up with another brand. That is an intriguing option, but it seems like the 19 would be a bit easier to maneuver, wouldn't it?
The 19 is 1' 10" shorter and 215 lbs lighter than the 21 (with identical options) but both have a 5000 lbs GVWR. So the short answer to your question is, yes, but not by much IMHO. Depends on your skill level and where you like to go. I'd say go for the trailer that you think will satisfy you best in the long run. These margins are so close that your current TV may handle either just fine, but if you decide you want more power later, easier to upgrade TV than trailer in the future (unless you're Jim ). Thankfully, you have time on your side and that may help you decide which is best for you. Hopefully, there are some ambassadors around or try and see if there are any rallies in your neck of the woods. Escapees love to show off their 'refined' rigs! BTW -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hopefully, there are some ambassadors around or try and see if there are any rallies in your neck of the woods. Escapees love to show off their 'refined' rigs! BTW -Bea
Thanks! We looked, but the nearest 21 is not very close. Maybe something will come up.

Any 21NE folks planning to visit Maine this summer?
Old 07-01-2021, 12:31 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Quote:
Have you considered a 5.0? I feel like I have the best of both worlds...a bigger trailer with more living space, but a smaller overall rig length, it tows and maneuvers like a dream...
Old 07-01-2021, 06:27 AM   #14

I have flip flopped 5 times now between E19 and E21 and currently have my 3rd E19 on order. After using a E21 for several years, the size and weight became too much so we are back to the E19 size..........
Old 07-01-2021, 07:52 AM   #15

Quote:
I have flip flopped 5 times now between E19 and E21 and currently have my 3rd E19 on order. After using a E21 for several years, the size and weight became too much so we are back to the E19 size..........
Ok, so that is interesting. Can you describe the differences that changed your mind? How much difference did the space inside seem to be?
Old 07-01-2021, 08:39 AM   #16

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:

Congrats on that fifth Escape trailer Jim.

May I suggest the extra large propane tanks so you might keep this trailer for awhile?
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:54 AM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I have had my 19 for many years and many miles now, and still consider it the perfect fit. Tows beautiful, easy to maneuver and park, big bed, more storage space than I need, pleasant interior, I could go on.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Ok, so that is interesting. Can you describe the differences that changed your mind? How much difference did the space inside seem to be?
After emptying it to sell I was amazed at the amount of stuff we hauled around and never used. Going to do the next smaller one better....
Old 07-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #19

Quote:

You are fortunate you didn't follow through with your Oliver purchase. Your towing experience with the Elite II would have been very underwhelming with that truck's towing capacity.

I know two years is a long wait for something you'd like to have today, but it will go by before you know it. Just think, that's less time than Bill Cosby served in prison.

2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD Diesel 4x4
scubarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 08:19 AM   #20

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubarx View Post
You are fortunate you didn't follow through with your Oliver purchase. Your towing experience with the Elite II would have been very underwhelming with that truck's towing capacity.

I know two years is a long wait for something you'd like to have today, but it will go by before you know it. Just think, that's less time than Bill Cosby served in prison.
We were planning on the Elite I, and a big part of the decision to switch was getting more room, especially in the bathroom and bed, in the E19.

I take it you're a diver, too. I'm looking forward to using this to get to some unique dive sites around the US. Maybe we'll bump into each other.