New member from Iowa - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-29-2021, 01:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21, previous 93 19 ft Bigfoot
New member from Iowa

Greetings! My wife and I had a 93 Bigfoot trailer 19 ft. We loved it! But wanted something newer. Got rid of it a few months ago. Looking at Oliver and Bigfoot, then discovered Escape. The Escape is what we were use to with our Bigfoot, and the price is so much more realistic. However, I had no idea the wait list is so long. My completion date is 2023-05-08. I am so naive. Heavy sigh.
revdavid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Let us be the first to welcome you to our group. Congratulations. Now you'll likely get a welcome from your nearly neighbour "Iowa Dave" who lives near Cedar Rapids. Now we just have to keep you two straight
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:37 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Iowa View Post
Greetings! My wife and I had a 93 Bigfoot trailer 19 ft. We loved it! But wanted something newer. Got rid of it a few months ago. Looking at Oliver and Bigfoot, then discovered Escape. The Escape is what we were use to with our Bigfoot, and the price is so much more realistic. However, I had no idea the wait list is so long. My completion date is 2023-05-08. I am so naive. Heavy sigh.
Welcome David, to our Escape world. You may get an earlier slot.......keep your hopes up.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Welcome. You have got your work cut out for you if you want to compete with Iowa Dave's posts. Always informative and filled with humor. Your completion date should move up. It is my opinion that ETI is playing some games now with "inventory" units taking up production slots and they are creating the perception of a greater demand than there really is.
Old 06-29-2021, 03:42 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
It’s not a competition, David is a brother from another mother. My sister in law lives in Tipton since 1976. It’s a nice town with a lot of spirit from my experience. Used to go down for the Fourth of July parade, have a cookout and then over to the big park for the fireworks. Good times
It will only be 50 or 60’miles or so for you over to Thomson, Illinois in late September for the Mississippi Iowa.
You’ll be able to look the best of the best over and learn nuances from long time Escapees. Hope to see you there. Free beer at Fudge Brownie’s site.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-29-2021, 03:51 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Patience is a virtue and I'm not very virtueous!!!

Quote:
Hi: David in Iowa... WELCOME!!! Is there an echo on here. As I always say "I want patience and I want it NOW"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:20 PM   #7

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks to all your wonderful responses! I look forward to getting to know the fine folks in the Escape community!
Old 06-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Hey David in Iowa. Nice to meet you. I have a good bud who lives in Tipton. I had never heard of the town until I met Roger Hakeman. Rog is a really big fiberglass guy. He and I were moderators together on FiberglassRV for a number of years. I bet if you run into any problems/issues, Roger could help you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Welcome. You have got your work cut out for you if you want to compete with Iowa Dave's posts. Always informative and filled with humor. Your completion date should move up. It is my opinion that ETI is playing some games now with "inventory" units taking up production slots and they are creating the perception of a greater demand than there really is.
I wouldn't have selected "David in Iowa" if I knew I was up against the "Iowa Dave"
Old 06-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hey David in Iowa. Nice to meet you. I have a good bud who lives in Tipton. I had never heard of the town until I met Roger Hakeman. Rog is a really big fiberglass guy. He and I were moderators together on FiberglassRV for a number of years. I bet if you run into any problems/issues, Roger could help you.
Yes, I know Roger well! He helped me find my 93 Bigfoot in 2006
Old 06-29-2021, 04:31 PM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Yes, I know Roger well! He helped me find my 93 Bigfoot in 2006
Small world!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Welcome! This is the best forum I've ever been a part of. Which Escape model did you put a deposit down for?
Old 06-29-2021, 08:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Welcome! This is the best forum I've ever been a part of. Which Escape model did you put a deposit down for?
We selected the 21NE
Old 06-29-2021, 09:15 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021
Welcome David , I think Iowa Dave and myself are the only Iowa owners.
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 09:45 PM   #15

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
When I search members by Iowa, I get 75, but don’t know how many are active or are owners.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
Welcome David , I think Iowa Dave and myself are the only Iowa owners.
We make a small group indeed! I'm pleased to get connected with you and Iowa Dave.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:56 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
It’s not a competition, David is a brother from another mother. My sister in law lives in Tipton since 1976. It’s a nice town with a lot of spirit from my experience. Used to go down for the Fourth of July parade, have a cookout and then over to the big park for the fireworks. Good times
It will only be 50 or 60’miles or so for you over to Thomson, Illinois in late September for the Mississippi Iowa.
You’ll be able to look the best of the best over and learn nuances from long time Escapees. Hope to see you there. Free beer at Fudge Brownie’s site.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave, tell me more about the Thomson Illinois thing. I've been in Tipton since 1992, so maybe I have met your sister-in-law
Old 06-30-2021, 12:22 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
There are a few more Iowa Escape owners than you might think. But I not 75. Lots of Scamps,
Some Casitas, a few Burros and a smattering of big feet. Mine are 11 1/2 6 E.

The Mississippi River Rendezvous is the brainchild of Paul Braun who’s handle is Fudge Brownie. It’s been going for several years and is held the last week in September starting I guess officially on Thursday night and going through at a minimum Sunday morning. It’s held at Thomson Causeway Corps of Engineers Campground. Usually around 30 trailers. Open to all and we’ve had bolers , Casitas, Scamps, a Compact Junior, tents, and a predominance of Escapes. Just a little north of Fulton Illinois,
Across the river from Clinton Iowa and up the river a couple miles is a Maximum Security Prison with spare stalls reserved for crooked politicians and I can’t believe they are not full up. If you read the Mississippi River Rendezvous thread you’ll get an idea of the activities and attractions in the area. We have had campers from Manitoba, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, New York, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Iowa, the famous Red Dog from the Lone Star State , Pennsyltucky and I’m sure I missed a few and I apologize. We’ve been flooded out, bit up, blown away, wet and threatened with arrest by the Federales. But we have a good time. Rookie hint, don’t put a for sale sign on your Escape and think you’re going to slide under the radar. You’re in a heap of trouble,eh. Campers ages vary from 1 to somewhere in the 80s.
You are welcome.
My sister in law worked at the Cove for many years, my brother in law at the International Harvester dealership and my nephew works at the Spahn and Rose qLumberyard. My Friend Clarence Walton just recently passed away. He was a Tipton boy and decorated Green Beret Vietnam Veteran. It is indeed a small world.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 05:45 AM   #19

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
Quote:
We make a small group indeed! I'm pleased to get connected with you and Iowa Dave.
Welcome Dave. I am the odd person out here, as I have a Bigfoot Silver Cloud. However, I joined this forum, so I could provide information on the Iowa rally my husband and I run when time for it rolls around. The Pink Elephant rally is in May in Northeast IA. It started out in Pikes Peak Park in McGregor, but they have been piddling around with the campground there the last couple of years, so it was in the Volga Recreation campground this year and looks like it might be there next year. You are welcome to drive up the road and stop by.

BTW, I am from Anamosa. Hubby is from Decorah, so while we live in IL right now, we consider ourselves Iowans. And we are going to be at Thomsen.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 07:30 AM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Getting the "Boot"!!!

Hi: Iowa Dave..."Mine are 11 1/2 6 E"... But 2 lefts don't make it right!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote