Pricing: USA and Canada - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Paper Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-07-2020, 09:05 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
Companies on both sides of the border do this. Escape’s not the only ones.
That's true, some companies do this besides Escape. I'm merely stating the facts of the situation. I personally don't like it, but it's their business, and they bear either the burden or benefit.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:58 AM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Classic
Quote:
Well this is a forum specifically about Escape trailers, so I'm not sure what that has to do with it. And it's a recent change that they made (and have the right to make), that will affect all future US customers.

And unless some posts have been removed that I'm not aware of, then I've seen nothing approaching nastiness on this particular one that would warrant closing this thread. Just because some may not agree with the posts doesn't mean it should be closed.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:37 AM   #23

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Well this is a forum specifically about Escape trailers, so I'm not sure what that has to do with it. And it's a recent change that they made (and have the right to make), that will affect all future US customers.

And unless some posts have been removed that I'm not aware of, then I've seen nothing approaching nastiness on this particular one that would warrant closing this thread. Just because some may not agree with the posts doesn't mean it should be closed.
This is the 3rd thread on this issue. I read almost every thread that comes through here. You’d swear that ETI was thw first to ever do it.
-Posts have been deleted.
-never said the thread should be closed, was another poster that I was responding to. “Said I’d be okay with. It” Trying to be agreeable.
-Canadians were still getting hosed before it was taken over, though no fault of ETI.
- most likely you’ll have our little company soon.

Have fun with this debate. ETI will do what they do. I’m really hoping this dies off soon.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:48 AM   #24

Quote:
This is the 3rd thread on this issue. I read almost every thread that comes through here. You’d swear that ETI was thw first to ever do it.
-Posts have been deleted.
-never said the thread should be closed, was another poster that I was responding to. “Said I’d be okay with. It” Trying to be agreeable.
-Canadians were still getting hosed before it was taken over, though no fault of ETI.
- most likely you’ll have our little company soon.

Have fun with this debate. ETI will do what they do. I’m really hoping this dies off soon.
Correct, you did not say initially say that the thread should be closed, others did. But you agreed, as you admit. Thus my comment.

And if you don't like threads like this, you always have the option of not reading them. There are lots of other threads that I avoid for various reasons.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregandTeresa View Post
Correct, you did not say initially say that the thread should be closed, others did. But you agreed, as you admit. Thus my comment.

And if you don't like threads like this, you always have the option of not reading them. There are lots of other threads that I avoid for various reasons.
Funny I agreed to it ,Said I’d be okay with. But your comment was directed to me.

You are correct, I do have that option and probably will heed your advice. I feel an obligation to protect what was a small company in my native country. Call it Canadian pride.

Have to run to work now, and I’ll check back in tonight, to respond to you.
Have a great day.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:13 AM   #26

I think it's possible to disagree with a decision that a company makes and still think highly of the company, which I still do.

And as much as we love our 19, if we ever decide to upgrade, it will probably be another Escape product (5.0TA). Still our favorite camper out there.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I love reading positive comments like these last two, let us try and keep it that way, too much negativity in todays environment.
Old 05-08-2020, 05:11 PM   #28

Trailer: na
Why doesn't this thread show up in "Recent Discussions" ?
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:16 PM   #29
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucancallmejay View Post
Why doesn't this thread show up in "Recent Discussions" ?
Hummm, does for me. At the very top right now.
Attached Thumbnails
~Capture.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #30

Trailer: na
You're right. My bad.
Thanks!
J
ucancallmejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 05:33 PM   #31

Trailer: Escape 17B - Café con Leche - 2020

You are saying, there are U.S. companies selling products to Canadian customers and will not accept USD for payment?

I was not aware of that.

Mario
Old 05-08-2020, 07:13 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by M & M View Post
You are saying, there are U.S. companies selling products to Canadian customers and will not accept USD for payment?
There are many sites that will not sell to Canadians, and some that will sell on a Canadian based site. The cost difference is WAY higher on the Canadian site.

This is not always the case, but still, many will gladly sell, but we often have to pay a ridiculously high shipping cost (especially seeing it is offered free in the US), often with high brokerage fees charged by the shipper. I just need to make my final decision based on the price they give. Trying to complain about it on an internet forum will gain me nothing.

I do wonder, and maybe someone in the US knows the numbers, but is the USD cost any higher than before for an Escape, or are Canadians just getting a better price due to the bad exchange rate of the CAD right now?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by M & M View Post

I was not aware of that.

Mario
Whew I’m back.

Just saying that the company I’ve mentioned earlier is charging more to us Canadians than to it’s US customers, even with the exchange rate taken out of the equation. From the same warehouse. If I put my address in the website for an order it redirects me to the Canadian site. If I want to buy the product, I have to be prepared to pay more to that company than you. And I have because I wanted it. Not complaining, but just an example of that it can swing both ways. I know this is an Escape forum, it just an example.

I’ve just purchased my 2nd Escape and will be delivered in a couple of months, hopefully., it’s a Canadian company and some how, I still feel like I’m getting the short end of the stick.

Maybe I’m the only one seeing my point or it’s not making sense or I’m not explaining it well, or maybe I just don’t have a point. I’m a health care worker not a businessman, so go easy.
Old 05-08-2020, 08:47 PM   #34

Trailer: ?
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape 17B - Café con Leche - 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
There are many sites that will not sell to Canadians, and some that will sell on a Canadian based site. The cost difference is WAY higher on the Canadian site.

This is not always the case, but still, many will gladly sell, but we often have to pay a ridiculously high shipping cost (especially seeing it is offered free in the US), often with high brokerage fees charged by the shipper. I just need to make my final decision based on the price they give. Trying to complain about it on an internet forum will gain me nothing.

I do wonder, and maybe someone in the US knows the numbers, but is the USD cost any higher than before for an Escape, or are Canadians just getting a better price due to the bad exchange rate of the CAD right now?
Jim,
Is not the case, base price for the 21' increased 7.71% for Canadians and 7.79% for USA.
The increased on the 19' was much lower, 4.95% for all customers.
Not sure why the huge jump on the base price of the 21'.

Mario
Old 05-08-2020, 10:04 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Mario, if true it just goes to show these Private Equity guys are smarter than the average bear. Would not be surprised that the 21 is more popular than the 19- and if so why not spike it's price? The old days of "Mid Size SUV" tows any Escape mantra is not as relevant now. The F-150 is America's most popular ride now for several years which means most buyers aren't fretting over tongue weight like they were five years ago.
Old 05-08-2020, 10:09 PM   #37
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Whew I’m back.

Just saying that the company I’ve mentioned earlier is charging more to us Canadians than to it’s US customers, even with the exchange rate taken out of the equation. From the same warehouse. If I put my address in the website for an order it redirects me to the Canadian site. If I want to buy the product, I have to be prepared to pay more to that company than you. And I have because I wanted it. Not complaining, but just an example of that it can swing both ways. I know this is an Escape forum, it just an example.
Hi Bakers99, Perhaps you, and for those like you who like to buy goods from the USA, might be interested in the services of a place like this?

https://www.usa2me.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...waAtRGEALw_wcB

On this note, perhaps Americans might be interested in the services of a place like this in Canada?

https://www.canadianaddress.ca/

I've not used either, but thought it might be worth looking into and might help us all save some $$$ on high ticket items. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:55 PM   #38

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

One problem with comparing the cost of a small ticket item shipped across a border to a large ticket item is that the paperwork and hassle is often equal cost for each. My company regularly ships overseas, and the paperwork for one $50 item is usually the same as for one $500,000 item. (We cover that range and more.) The cost of someone doing the paperwork is probably about $75 for us. That turns the $50 item into $125 and the $500,000 item into $500,075.

BTW, I have written to Escape, stated my opinion, and given my suggestions for making the situation better.
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 12:51 AM   #39

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Hi all. New to the Escape Forum. I have a 2015 Casita and on March 25th I contacted Escape and began the build process on an Escape 21. We did it in Canadian dollars, which would have saved me bunches in the end. My sales person was having phone problems and we were cut off before we could finish the build and put down my deposit. The next morning she contacted me after their morning staff meeting and said she needed to tell me something before we continued. Karl had just decided that they would no longer be doing any more builds for U S customers in Canadian dollars and she needed to know if this was a deal breaker. Was I happy that I was the lucky person to be blessed with this decision? No, absolutely not, but we discussed it at great length and I'm very happy to say my trailer will be ready on July 8th. I often wonder if we had been able to finish my build that day and put down my deposit, if it would have been locked in at Canadian rates. It's costing me a few thousand more, but none the less.... I Can't wait!!!
wellduh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 07:07 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Denise, to our Escape world, another Texas Escape. I think soon you guys there will have enough for a rally.........

Tags
new escapes pricing