Lithium battery brands - opinions? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #1

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Lithium battery brands - opinions?

Hey all, I’m looking to upgrade our 2012 17B to lithium. I’m a newbie to this - learning as I go - and figured I’d reach out to you pros for advice as to battery selection.

I’m working with Jack at AM Solar and he’s a gem - but he’s recommending we go with LifeBlue batteries, which are super $$$. I was looking at LITime and PowerQueen - significantly cheaper (and LITime has batteries that were returned because of incorrect orders that are significantly discounted - 4 year warranty instead of 5). I know you often get what you pay for, but if Renogy and LifeBlue approach double the price - is it worth it? What think all of you?

Also - we boondock off grid for two weeks at a time (shoulder seasons - usually northern Ontario) and have two Dometic coolers we use on DC - they use about 550Ah. I just installed extra solar - we now have 300W worth of panels up top. What kind of battery capacity would you all suggest?

TIA!
Elizabeth
medora is offline   Reply With Quote