Lithium battery brands - opinions? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-28-2023, 03:10 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
For awhile ETI installed the Lithium option under the rear bench. Then they switched to installing them in the same location as the 6s. My friend had ordered on the basis that the expensive lithium battery would be inside. When he was notified of the switch in location he wasn't happy. Karl kindly made an exception with the caveat that it was the last 17 that would have a battery inside.

So, there are 17's with the battery under the bench seat and that seems like a good location, who wants to put an expensive battery on the back bumper.

Ron
plus a lithium under the bench seems far less likely to freeze than one on the bumper or hitch.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 03:29 PM   #22
SRS

Trailer: 2022 Escape 17A, 2021 F-150 3.5L Ecoboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by medora View Post
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0724...gHMOjbW78Z3G8w

Hey all - thanks again for your help! Batteries are on the way. In prep I’m looking to see where I’ll mount the LI and curious - those of you who have upgraded from external old school 6vs, where did you put them? And is this the line running in from the 6v? I don’t see anything else coming into the camper, and we have insulative foam underneath that obscures things. (For some reason the photo isn’t showing in the post - should be at the link above).
I've got a 2022 17A delivered in August 2022. The lithium batteries were on the bumper. I reused the cables with lots of leftover wire. Cut the + & - wires to an appropriate length and pulled them into the trailer after removing some of the Proflex on the outside. The batteries are in the back of the PS rear bench in the dinette.

I built a wooden frame, anchored to the floor, to hold the batteries and used straps similar to John from Santa Cruz did with his.
Attached Thumbnails
Batteries Inside copy.jpg  
SRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:26 AM   #23

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I really like my two Battleborns (2021 5.0 TA). Work like a charm.
Jonathan

https://battlebornbatteries.com/contact
drjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 11:33 AM   #24

Trailer: 2020 ATC 31'
I installed three 100AH Renogy batteries in my trailer along with a 200W solar panel three years ago. I have a 1000W inverter and compressor refrigerator and can boondock for over a week with this setup. I have gotten excellent service from the batteries, though Renogy’s customer service could be better. Two years ago I converted my electric ATV to Dakota lithium batteries. In spite of the harsh environment of banging around on trails, getting splashed with water, etc., they have served perfectly. Dakota lithium batteries come with an 11-year warranty. Dakota batteries have lower maximum charge/discharge currents than most others, but paralleling two or more will still provide enough power to run an inverter.
2020 31' ATC Toyhauler
CE Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:30 PM   #25
Site Team

I dunno if I mentioned this above, but one of the main reasons I picked SOK was the metal case and that they are built to be fully repairable, using prime grade components. also several internet battery/solar guys tested them and gave them a thumbs up, not just Wil Prouse, whom seems to favor sponsors over unbiased testing. AND their price performance of the 206AH version was very good. not the 'cheapest', but very good price for the performance.
Old 08-30-2023, 03:39 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 E'21 - 'Velocity'. Tow: Toyota Tacoma V6, 4X4, manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CE Vogel View Post
I
Dakota batteries have lower maximum charge/discharge currents than most others, but paralleling two or more will still provide enough power to run an inverter.
I have 3 Dakota batteries of various sizes, including a 4 year old 100-AH that I use with my trolling motor.

From the Dakota website page on the 100-AH battery: 100A max continuous, 200A max pulse 10 second pulse.

This seems to be a very common industry value for discharge current.

The BMS in Dakota batteries do not have a low temperature cut-off which might be a problem.
alanmalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:46 PM   #27
Site Team

100A sustained is pretty common for LFP batts. since a 2000W inverter can draw as much as 200A, thats why we mostly use a pair in parallel
Old 09-04-2023, 08:25 AM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chama View Post
We installed a 300AH lithium battery from Enduropower, a company based in Colorado which is not far from our home. So far, so good. We installed the battery in June, 2023. It has the form factor we were looking for in a battery and the right AH capacity which were important for our install. We put it in the rear of our 21C under the rear rench after removing the 2 LA batteries and the dreadful battery box. Still looking for a cap or plug for the old battery vent hole. enduropowerbatteries.com
These work well to cap off the battery vents
https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Plum...112N/320407704
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 01:27 PM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
These work well to cap off the battery vents
https://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Plum...112N/320407704
I replaced the external vent cover with a HDPE disk the same size which holds one of these...

this is connected to my DC mains via a 40A fuse (as the trolling motor jack and plugs are rated for 40A DC)

The matching plug is on a 4 foot pigtail with a PP45 connector on the other end, and I have various DC accessories with PP45 connectors that I can plug in, such as USB chargers, an external 100W solar 'suitcase', etc.
Attached Thumbnails
51Ypyo1CaxL._AC_SL1000_[1].jpg  
Old 09-05-2023, 04:21 PM   #30

Trailer: 2021 5.0
BestGo

So while I wait, and wait for a response from my batteries customer service representative…

I should say I do really like my battery, but customer service has decreased there as it has just about everywhere, I thought about one of the people who are on here and whose knowledge is always impressive.
But I just wanted to say, WOW-in less that a day my problem was solved. My battery indicator light never shut off on its own, the sales company and their technician didn’t know, and to be fair to them I couldn’t find anything on a search myself.

Thx again-Rubicon327
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0788.jpg   IMG_0785.jpg  
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:51 PM   #31

Trailer: 5.0
U can now get a single 286 amp hr for 1190
Grasshog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 12:14 PM   #32

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
So while I wait, and wait for a response from my batteries customer service representative…

I should say I do really like my battery, but customer service has decreased there as it has just about everywhere, I thought about one of the people who are on here and whose knowledge is always impressive.
But I just wanted to say, WOW-in less that a day my problem was solved. My battery indicator light never shut off on its own, the sales company and their technician didn’t know, and to be fair to them I couldn’t find anything on a search myself.

Thx again-Rubicon327
No problem. Got lucky that when I looked up the battery monitor itself and discovered it was a Hengshan brand AiLi. Then I found a review where someone mentioned the solution. Glad it worked. In the meantime I did find a manual for the meter which was posted on the DIY Solar Power forum. Interestingly it does not have information about turning off the backlight but it may provide other helpful information for the future.
Attached Thumbnails
AiLi Battery Capacity Monitor Manual 1.jpg   AiLi Battery Capacity Monitor Manual 2.jpg   AiLi review.jpg