Shower overflowing with water - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2024, 09:03 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Shower overflowing with water

I came home after being gone for almost 48 hours today and my shower was overflowing with water. No water was left on, but the gray tank was full. I recently had Escape put a new AC on my 2014 5.0TA. Does anyone know if I was supposed to do something to make sure it is draining properly?
shlm2umac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:12 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
You might examine the water supply line behind the toilet (water supply for flushing the toilet) to see if that's leaking / the source of water into the shower pan and thence filling the gray tank. Or perhaps one of the hot / cold supply lines under the sink in the bath is leaking.

IIRC you are at an extended-stay situation and connected to city water, do you have a pressure regulator installed between the park water connection and your trailer city water port? If not, that might be a good idea - ask if other folks in the park use a regulator on their water connection, and if yes they can show you what and how to install that.

I can't imagine anything relating to the rooftop AC that would bear on this.
Old 04-19-2024, 12:58 AM   #3

Thank you! I do think there is a connection that is goldish in color on the faucet where my water hose connects to the trailer. I’ll look for leaks, too.
Old 04-19-2024, 05:25 AM   #4

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
It could also be a leaking flush valve (easy to replace). Look for a miniature “waterfall” flowing over the edge of the rise upon which the toilet is mounted.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:21 AM   #5

I caused the problem

Hi, thank you community for the answers. I just got back to my RV community and saw what I did. I was trying to quickly organize my bathroom and I put my wooden back scrubber brush behind the flusher and it was slightly pulled forward when I took it out from back there. So apparently, I was allowing the water to pour into the toilet until it filled up and overflowed because I was gone a while onto the shower floor. Oh my! So much to learn and take care about.

Again, thank you so much! You’re the best!
Old 04-19-2024, 04:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Another source for water on the shower floor - If you have a full gray water tank & don't tighten the shower drain stopper, driving will splash water from the tank to the shower.
Old 04-20-2024, 08:30 AM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
Always a good idea to turn off the water while you are away from the trailer. Never know what might happen.