Water not getting to the kitchenette - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Escape Systems | Water, Waste, Charging & Propane
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2022, 05:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21', Maple Interior, previous 2015 Escape 19'
Water not getting to the kitchenette

I filled the freshwater tank, did the sterilization process, and started flushing the lines. Water flowed nicely through all of the lines, but suddenly the line to the kitchen sink just stopped. Water in the bathroom is still flowing well. The pump seems to be working, I checked the filter, but the kitchen sink faucet is just stopped. There is NO leak under the cabinets, or on the floor. I checked all of the valves and they appear to be in the correct positions. The hot water tank filled nicely.

If I leave the trailer alone for several minutes, and turn on the faucet, it tries to "go" but nothing but a few drops come out.

Help. I am on my own, and need some good advice.
bjsmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 05:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Did you take the end off of the kitchen sink spout? And with it off turn on the pump? I’d guess your aerator is all plugged up s also check the strainer o. The pump and see if there’s some stuff in it. That’s the first step I’d take. Next take off the fresh water line where it goes to the faucet put it in a bucket and turn on the pump. Next is a plugged mixer where hot and cold water are balanced. Let us know if no joy.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-16-2022, 06:16 PM   #3

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
When you take the aerator apart at the faucet, place the pieces down in order ( you could take a photo ). That will make it much easier to put back together properly after cleaning white chunks out that have collected.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:01 PM   #4

Gentlemen, you nailed it, but I have NO idea how to open this thing up. I will soak it in vinegar first, but any other suggestions would help.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:31 PM   #5

I would post pictures of the aerator but can't figure out how to in this format.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:34 PM   #6

You can try masking tape on the jaws of channel lock pliers. If you mar the aerator, you can cheaply replace it.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:42 PM   #7

I got the thing off, but can't figure out how to open it up to clean out the screens. It does not seem to be set up for that purpose.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:18 PM   #8

Pry the bits out, layer by layer.
Old 05-16-2022, 08:22 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Then get a sharp pointed object like a mini screwdriver style pick or a fine point ice pick and once pried apart you’ll see the sand or whatever is plugging up the white disc with the little holes in it and the final “screen it all comes apart but if it won’t you can buy new assemblies for a few dollars.
Old 05-16-2022, 10:07 PM   #10

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I had a similar issue with my Northstar truck camper kitchen faucet. I finally traced the issue down to this connection. It’s where the mixed water supply quick connects to the pull-out spout. It’s not really a serviceable connection. I had to bend a paper clip to reach in and pull out the guts and there was some grit inside blocking a small orifice. Once back together, it worked like new.
Attached Thumbnails
516A642D-298B-4BAA-8060-B229D19B8DFD.jpg  
Jwinfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 09:54 AM   #11

Well guys, I unscrewed the aerator, pulled the small white plastic backflush valve (I assume that is what it is called) and soaked the unit in vinegar all night. This was accompanied with lots of rinsing and shaking, and some small junk came out. there was also some sludge left in the vinegar when I finished, I managed to replace the valve this morning, and it is working like new.

On another bit of information, I know that many people were having lots of difficulty with the Dometic furnace several years ago. I found a person who was very good at Dometic products, and he discovered that an electrode was cracked, and was sparking in the wrong place, so when the furnace tried to start, it kept sparking, but not igniting the propane. The system would shut down like it was out of propane, and try again about 2-3 hours later. Occasionally it would ignite, but only about 1 out of 5 attempts. It is working well now.

Thanks so much of all of your help. I want to keep the trailer even though now I am on my own, (my husband died last year) and this community is helping me keep up.

Take care, BJSmitty
Old 05-17-2022, 10:18 AM   #12

Trailer: 2019 E19
Good Job BJSmitty!

Swing by here any time you have a question. Almost all the folks here honestly try to help, but you can shed the criticism from the few like water and that duck.
wackyburggeezer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kitchen faucet., water line