Steven's Pass (highway 2) July 24? Anyone - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Trips and Travel Planning
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Steven's Pass (highway 2) July 24? Anyone

Detectives are looking for dash cam footage of highway 2 to help find a missing teenaged girl whose car ran out of gas on Highway 2 a week ago. Posting here because someone from out of the area might have gone that way after picking up a new trailer and wouldn't necessarily see the news items. https://www.king5.com/article/news/c...PSEKMiKI53O6bY
Bobbie54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:14 PM   #2

Amazingly, found alive. She had run out of gas, had no cell service and wanted to get away from the highway (this part leaves me wondering) so hiked into the woods, (her original plan anyway) but then got disoriented and lost. A search party found her, in good shape.
Old 08-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #3
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Amazingly, found alive. She had run out of gas, had no cell service and wanted to get away from the highway (this part leaves me wondering) so hiked into the woods, (her original plan anyway) but then got disoriented and lost. A search party found her, in good shape.
Thank you for letting us know. Nice to hear good news. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #4

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
strange incident -glad she was found safe!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 04:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
strange incident -glad she was found safe!
Does seem odd. The initial story reminded me a little too much of an adventure two women friends of mine had back in the 70s. They left Seattle to go hiking in the Cascades, I believe off Stevens pass. Stopped for gas near the turn off to 2 and a guy in a VW started asking what they were doing. He said he was going to Vancouver, BC. But when they started up again they saw the VW following them up Stevens Pass. They got near their trailhead and just kept driving- did not stop. Went to a little restaurant instead, and went in, and guy followed them in. So when he went in to the restroom, they got back in the car and went home.

When the news came out about Ted Bundy and the VW, they got a little freaked. Their guy didn't have an arm in a cast, but following them up the mountains was a bit too weird. Luckily they went with their instincts and did not hike that day.
Old 08-03-2020, 06:41 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Does seem odd. The initial story reminded me a little too much of an adventure two women friends of mine had back in the 70s. They left Seattle to go hiking in the Cascades, I believe off Stevens pass. Stopped for gas near the turn off to 2 and a guy in a VW started asking what they were doing. He said he was going to Vancouver, BC. But when they started up again they saw the VW following them up Stevens Pass. They got near their trailhead and just kept driving- did not stop. Went to a little restaurant instead, and went in, and guy followed them in. So when he went in to the restroom, they got back in the car and went home.

When the news came out about Ted Bundy and the VW, they got a little freaked. Their guy didn't have an arm in a cast, but following them up the mountains was a bit too weird. Luckily they went with their instincts and did not hike that day.
That story gave me shivers ! Smart ladies and glad it turned out ok ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote