My Escape 5.0 Build - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2021, 08:08 PM   #81

Trailer: 2021 5.0
We had the same issue with that particular combination in our 5.0. We were getting the split rear bench for easy access to storage, but it seems with this combo there is little to no storage to access. So, we opted out of the split bench but kept the split cushions since they look nice, are easier to wrangle and were already made. I think ETI jumped the gun a little and hadn’t completely figured out how the lithium/Lagun/inverter combo would work out in a u-shaped dinette before offering them together. There was also an issue with the notched filler board, but we worked that out too. Karl suggested we drop the split rear bench and the exterior access panel to save money, since the Lithium batteries prevented much access. No biggie, loved the whole process, even the little glitches like this. Great working with them, they have been very forthright and accommodating throughout the process!
okhcolot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 09:22 PM   #82

Trailer: 2021 Escape E5.0; 2021 F150 PowerBoost
The following thread gave me the idea... https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ons-19564.html
kavm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 11:27 PM   #83

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by okhcolot View Post
We had the same issue with that particular combination in our 5.0. We were getting the split rear bench for easy access to storage, but it seems with this combo there is little to no storage to access. So, we opted out of the split bench but kept the split cushions since they look nice, are easier to wrangle and were already made. I think ETI jumped the gun a little and hadn’t completely figured out how the lithium/Lagun/inverter combo would work out in a u-shaped dinette before offering them together. There was also an issue with the notched filler board, but we worked that out too. Karl suggested we drop the split rear bench and the exterior access panel to save money, since the Lithium batteries prevented much access. No biggie, loved the whole process, even the little glitches like this. Great working with them, they have been very forthright and accommodating throughout the process!
In 2019 we had just given our build sheet for an October delivery when we attended the Mississippi River Rendezvous. At that point we had simply ordered the basic u-shaped dinette. At the Rendezvous, at least one owner complained about the width of the rear bench cushions that made them hard to move in the camper, another that they had the four inch thick back cushion that made the seat too short, and another that when sitting at the back window their back could hit the window shade buttons.

We changed our order: 1) split the cushions 2) extend the rear bench from 19 to 22" 3) make our rear back cushion 4" thick, not the 2" standard.

We use the storage in the rear bench quite often and don't miss manhandling those 7'+ back cushions to get to the storage. Also by adding three inches to the depth of the back bench it gave us plenty of storage space.

Even if we hadn't have extended the rear bench from 19 to 22" there would still be plenty of space back there for the batteries and an inverter. Have the new owners not figured that out?

We also had them make us a filler cushion that is in place all the time. I sit with my back in the fridge corner and my feet stretch too far and hit the back cushion. So the rear cushion is where the side cushion is normally and both side cushions are in the back with the smaller in front of the larger. That gives me an additional 4" to stretch my feet. Works for me.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-05-2021, 05:03 AM   #84

Trailer: 5.0 2020
I think it may have to do with the batteries being stored (vented) inside the trailer for the 5.0 where with the 19 and other trailers the batteries are stored outside, either on the back bumber or on the tongue. Not sure, just a guess as to the different information between the 2 trailer types. We have a 5.0 on order but are going with the standard dinette and Lithium batteries.
campertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:44 AM   #85

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by campertj View Post
I think it may have to do with the batteries being stored (vented) inside the trailer for the 5.0 where with the 19 and other trailers the batteries are stored outside, either on the back bumber or on the tongue. Not sure, just a guess as to the different information between the 2 trailer types. We have a 5.0 on order but are going with the standard dinette and Lithium batteries.
One of the advantages of lithium, AGM, or SiO2 batteries is they don't need venting.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 04-05-2021, 07:16 AM   #86

My understanding per Karl and Joldie is that in the 5.0 the rear bench in the U-shaped dinette ( even WITH the deeper back bench, which we are getting) there will not be much room left for storage, as this is where many components will be located, including Lithium batteries. We are also getting the thicker back cushions on the back bench and a filler board for lounging. It’s hard to visualize, but we are hoping it all comes together in the end. Delivery for us is mid-May!
Old 04-05-2021, 07:43 AM   #87

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Everyone has there own ideas of what works best for them, and that is just fine.

I never got either the bench or cushions spit in my rear bench on my 5.0TA. It has never been an issue either. I have only been in there maybe once or twice a year tops, and it really is easy to put the full length pieces of cushion up on the bed while accessing if needed, and often it is just beside me on the dinette lowered into a bed unless I am actually working, not just doing a routine checkup.

I actually tried to get Reace to do a narrower bench in the rear, as it allowed more foot room for four people which we often have on bad weather evenings. He would not do it. Doing it again, I would likely forgo the U-shaped, as though it does look better and gives you a bit more storage, it really does not function as well for a dinette as we would have liked. Anyone but a wee kid sitting on the rear bench is not comfortably doable, and it affects the number sitting along the sides unless wee kids too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:44 AM   #88

Ohkalot - Looks like our two Escape 5.0 are being built around the same time. Our completion date is May 19th, and our tentative plan is to pick up in Sumas, WA on May 31st. Are you having yours shipped to you?

We already had thicker seat cushions and widened rear bench seat in our build. When we dropped the split, we also dropped the split seat cushions.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:47 AM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
One of the advantages of lithium, AGM, or SiO2 batteries is they don't need venting.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry - Earlier in the thread (page 3 on my iPad), I shared that although ETI is aware that Lithium batteries do not require venting - it is still bound by Canadian code which has not been updated. So, it needs to plan on venting, whether it is needed or not.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:49 AM   #90

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Why would you want to split the wooden rear seat of a u-shaped dinette?

Enjoy,

Perry
For ease of access inside, once I split my cushions, I found using that space was a lot more convenient.........
Old 04-05-2021, 07:51 AM   #91

We decided on the U-shaped dinette because besides the two of us, our other passengers will primarily be two dogs who are loungers, on furniture I might add. So we aren’t concerned about seating more than two people at the dinette.
Our completion date is May 5, with delivery to Indianapolis hub soon after, as that is the hub closest to us in northeastern Ohio.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:54 AM   #92

I had 2 Escapes delivered to Pennsylvania, not sure what hub that is?
Old 04-05-2021, 09:29 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I had 2 Escapes delivered to Pennsylvania, not sure what hub that is?
Jim - ETI has reconfigured the delivery process to make it cheaper (and faster?) in the post-pandemic period. That features a limited selection of the delivery hubs.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #94

Learn something new everyday,,,,,,,thanks!
Old 04-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by okhcolot View Post
We decided on the U-shaped dinette because besides the two of us, our other passengers will primarily be two dogs who are loungers, on furniture I might add. So we aren’t concerned about seating more than two people at the dinette.
Our completion date is May 5, with delivery to Indianapolis hub soon after, as that is the hub closest to us in northeastern Ohio.
In our case, it is just be myself and my wife in the camper. We figured it would be better to have space to lounge and opted for the U-shaped dinette and Lagun table mount for that reason. Happy with the choice.

All that said, our visualization of the space has been limited at best. Our ETI sales person has been fantastic, so it is not on them. Never having been in one physically limits us. Of course, some of the locals with other Escape trailers (19’ or 21’ but none with 5.0) had kindly offered to let us see their campers - but we have been punctilious about the social distancing requirements in the pandemic and just opted to proceed with the videos, etc.

We are concerned about our ability to handle various systems associated with the camper (as this is our first camper) - but that cannot be helped.
Old 05-22-2021, 12:51 PM   #96

Trailer: deposit
We looked at a 5.0 and the owner said her favorite option was an inexpensive tension rod she installed toward the bottom of the cabinet. It kept items from falling out. One that would hold lightweight curtains.
MicheleNCali is offline   Reply With Quote