New ETI Price Increase = Adios folks - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2022, 02:06 PM   #101

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Old saw!!!

Hi: All... This thread reminds me of the old saw... "If you don't like the heat... get out of the kitchen". H S Truman Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 05:14 PM   #102

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc inWI View Post
I'm returning to this thread one last time..
Our build date was moved up to mid July and at this point after nearly a year of excitedly planning and waiting we are going to pull the plug on our 21C.
Our phone meeting with Melissa for our final build sheet is this afternoon and I have a gut feeling that for us this is just really bad timing for this huge decision. Gas and other commodity prices will likely continue to climb, our need to buy a larger tow vehicle, and just the fact that we would have to trim so many options from what our original vision of our trailer was.

Unfortunately, 2 price increases plus the near doubling of the delivery cost were hard to take. I expect another large delivery price increase in the coming months prior to our build date due to high fuel prices.

For now, we will focus on our retirement in 4 years, pay off our house, and continue to tent camp. I envy those of you that are able to see the country in your Escapes, travel safe.

Robc,

Sorry to hear it will ultimately come to that ending for you guys. We were bummed for the first week or so after cancelling. We had spent nearly a year on the waiting list and planning on what we were going to do with the Escape so it was a big shock to the system to suddenly be "Off" the list and realize that we had wasted a year of planning for this purchase. However I've come to the realization since then that for us it was the best decision. I'm sure that you too will feel the same way with time.

I am about the same distance from retirement as you so my financial planning for that event has become a bit more solidified by passing up this trailer purchase. We may eventually look at a used trailer, sticky, fiberglass, popup, or whatever in the coming years, but for now we just put all of that on hold and will see what the coming years hold.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 07:22 PM   #103

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc inWI View Post
For now, we will focus on our retirement in 4 years, pay off our house, and continue to tent camp.
Paying off a house is such a huge accomplishment; it's a great feeling when you are pocketing the money you used to pay as interest.

For what it's worth, we greatly miss our teardrop trailer and have agreed we'd still have it if we had room. So, stay open to other options which might work out for you.

Just don't buy a boat!!!
Old 03-05-2022, 06:33 AM   #104

Trailer: 2016 21 ft escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
For what it's worth, we greatly miss our teardrop trailer and have agreed we'd still have it if we had room. J
! !!
Funny you should mention about your teardrop. As I really miss the simplicity of our Aliner. And wish I had never sold it. Seems like we spent a lot more time outside than we do now.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 06:52 AM   #105

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
[QUOTE=Jake930;412890]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post
For what it's worth, we greatly miss our teardrop trailer and have agreed we'd still have it if we had room. J
! !![/vQUOTE]

Funny you should mention about your teardrop. As I really miss the simplicity of our Aliner. And wish I had never sold it. Seems like we spent a lot more time outside than we do now.
You spent more time outside when you're camping with the Aliner?

I can we that.

Or, you went camping more with the Aliner?

I don't see a trailer that you have to set up as being simpler than one that is already set up and you just open a door.

This is the second time I've heard someone talk about the 'simplicity' of an Aliner. Simpler than a canvas popup camper maybe. Simpler than a molded fiberglass trailer, no way. Must be effective Aliner marketing.

When traveling:
Pull into a Rest Stop go into the trailer and make and eat lunch. Simpler with an Aliner?

Pull into a Walmart, Rest Area, Cracker Barrel, to park for the night. Simpler with an Aliner?

Getting set up at a campsite. Simpler with an Aliner?

Getting ready to leave a campsite. Simpler with an Aliner?

Now you may bring more stuff with your Escape and feel you have to set it all up (you don't), but, overall simplicity of setting up the trailer, there is no way an Aliner is 'simpler' than a molded fiberglass trailer.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 01:19 PM   #106

Trailer: 2012 E19
Yup, TTMartin, you're spot on. I've had an Aliner (for one summer, then sold it) and a regular trailer is definitely more convenient. Plus the doors and windows don't go out of alignment as easily on a FG trailer, and there's never a reason to worry about high wind catching a panel and ruining it during setup/takedown.