Spray foam option for new Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Shopping Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #8
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
I think KAVM's comment says it all for many of us.

"I saw the pictures of the beautiful work that Ron in BC did to put in his own removable custom foam solution. Really good stuff but way way beyond our abilities. If there were third party solutions along the lines, we could pay for them but self-created ones such as Ron's are not feasible for us in this lifetime."

We selected the spray foam simply due to having lived all across Canada and near all three coasts. So being weather wise, with no predictions of where or when we'll be using our rig over the long term, we chose most of the options provided by ETI at the time. Snow-birding south into the States seems a very unlikely option for most Canadians for at least another 2 years.

The second aspect is personal capabilities, both physically and financially. Flexibility prevents me from doing many things under the trailer, and certainly slows me down when queued up at a dump station. There's many things to consider, and this forum will help in deciding - it certainly did with us.

As David mentioned (BTW thanks for the photo's David which clearly illustrate with/without on 5.0TA), evaluating needs, potential usage and risks of a problem (that's why we didn't go stick built), should guide you in determining what you need and can afford.

Like I mentioned...we chose most of the options from dual solar to foam underneath for our 21NE, and no radio or electric awning for the same reasons - evaluated need.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote