Help wanted..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2022, 11:40 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Help wanted.....

I know it's late notice, but a friend of mine has two tickets for the Super Bowl in Inglewood, CA at SoFi Stadium Sunday, February 13th. They are box seats and he paid $1,500 per ticket, which includes the ride to and from the airport, lunch, dinner, a $400.00 bar tab and a pass to the winner's locker room after the game. What he didn't realize when he bought them last year was that it's on the same day as his wedding.

If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place. It's at St. Paul's Church at 3 pm. Her name is Ashley. She's 5'4", about 100 pounds, a good cook, loves to fish and hunt and will clean your truck. She'll be the one in the white dress.
Old 02-07-2022, 12:45 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Old 02-07-2022, 12:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Glad to help

Where's the wedding at again? Count me down.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 01:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Pro football being such a priority here in the lower 48, I can appreciate your friend's concerns.

I have been known to watch a little football on television and, also read about pro teams in the newspapers. Not as important as RV-ing, but it is a big deal.

So it has come to my attention that the Washington Redskins, though they did not make the Super Bowl this year, have changed their nickname. Now after some 70+ years, they are calling themselves... not the Redskins...but...The Washington "Commanders."

Teams need their nicknames. I agree. The Washington club thinks this change is a more sensitive way for fans to identify the team.

So... here's a short new list of the potentially revised abbreviated nicknames likely to be used by the press:

Green Bay.....Packers + The Pack
New England Patriots + The Pats
Arizona Cardinals + The Cards
Miami Dolphins + The Fish
Washington Commanders + The Commies
Old 02-07-2022, 02:55 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
So it has come to my attention that the Washington Redskins, though they did not make the Super Bowl this year, have changed their nickname. Now after some 70+ years, they are calling themselves... not the Redskins...but...The Washington "Commanders." ...

It has been proposed that the Mascot for the Commanders is to be a caricature of Gen. Armstrong Custer.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 05:56 PM   #6

Joe McCarthy would be so proud.
Old 02-07-2022, 07:26 PM   #7

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
The world does this from time to time, history repeats. The world has turned upside down.

Doesn’t seem that long ago the Christian Right lead by Tipper Gore were trying to control freedom of speech, most were glad that didn’t go her way.

Now here we are with thought regulation, banning YouTubes and controlling what information is available on google, attacking statues, equivalent to book burning I suppose.

Hopefully for us all this attempt will eventually fail as did Tippers.

But, since you mentioned it, I do agree with your thoughts on renaming teams.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 07:37 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Now wait a minute

Quote:
Old Joe was a Wisconsin Senator, representing the fair town of Green Bay, Wisconsin, aka Packerland.
And now you suggest this!
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:27 AM   #9

My Joe McCarthy is actually a neighbor down the street. He wasn’t a Washington Senator, and he was from Philadelphia. His grandfather, another Joe, or so he told me, was back in the thirties and forties, the manager of the New York Yankees baseball team. I am very suspicious of that, though I would never let on to old Joe. We all need our glories. The press actually gave them two nicknames. They were mostly called the Yanks, or the Bombers.
Old 02-11-2022, 07:05 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I know it's late notice, but a friend of mine has two tickets for the Super Bowl in Inglewood, CA at SoFi Stadium Sunday, February 13th. They are box seats and he paid $1,500 per ticket, which includes the ride to and from the airport, lunch, dinner, a $400.00 bar tab and a pass to the winner's locker room after the game. What he didn't realize when he bought them last year was that it's on the same day as his wedding.

If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place. It's at St. Paul's Church at 3 pm. Her name is Ashley. She's 5'4", about 100 pounds, a good cook, loves to fish and hunt and will clean your truck. She'll be the one in the white dress.
Jim,

If he's ok to pass along his $400 bar tab and the ride back to the airport I'll be at the church....
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote