What’s your favorite peanut butter? - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Cyber Campfire
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2023, 01:33 PM   #61

Trailer: 2012 E19
My wife almost always gets herself the creamy honey-roasted peanut butter. I eat regular crunchy. We are a divided household.

Lately I've been using a half-teaspoon of bourbon barrel aged maple syrup in my coffee. I do like the taste of honey, but in coffee the syrup tastes better than sugar or honey IMO.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:16 PM   #62

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
My favorite ski breakfast is a toasted multi grain heel, if available, with a table spoon of Skippy, the chunkier the better, with 5 raspberries, and about 18 blueberries stuck to it. It is my version of PB&J, with unprocessed J. Had one yesterday and a decent ski day too.
Wrapped in a tortilla is good also.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 03:09 PM   #63

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Harley, where are you skiing?
Lots of snow out west. National Park Service just called me and cancelled my May 13 campground reservation at Mesa Verde. They won’t open till a few days later due to heavy snow. Grand Canyon north rim opening is also delayed - I think till June 1.
GregWCIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 03:28 PM   #64

Trailer: 2022 E19
I wonder if it speaks to forum demographics that two of the hottest subjects are favourite peanut butter and cataract surgery?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 04:56 PM   #65

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
I wonder if it speaks to forum demographics that two of the hottest subjects are favourite peanut butter and cataract surgery?
Hi: Fender... I could easily lose weight if it weren't for peanut butter!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:24 PM   #66

Trailer: 2022 escape 17B
Trader Joes Dark chocolate peanut butter cups!!! Peanut brittle anyone?
mr.stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 05:27 PM   #67

Trailer: 2018 5.0TA 'Liberty'
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWCIL View Post
Harley, where are you skiing?
Lots of snow out west. National Park Service just called me and cancelled my May 13 campground reservation at Mesa Verde. They won’t open till a few days later due to heavy snow. Grand Canyon north rim opening is also delayed - I think till June 1.
Yesterday We skied Loveland Valley. They have had about 260" of snow this season, a little below average, coverage was good. Loveland is quite high for snow retention, You can ride their snow cat to over 13,000'. Several ski areas closed last weekend but not due to lack of snow. Loveland will close May 7th, A-Basin will likely be open into June.
HarleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 10:35 PM   #68

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.stang View Post
Trader Joes Dark chocolate peanut butter cups!!! Peanut brittle anyone?
We don't have Trader Joes in Canada. Too bad, I'd be trying out those dark chocolate peanut butter cups. I could go for dark chocolate peanut brittle also.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 10:57 PM   #69

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I was always a crunchy fan until I found a local peanut butter, CB's "creamunchy" peanut butter. A very nice creamy PB filled throughout with small peanut bits. Its made near Poulsbo and is limited to the Olympic Peninsula area at this time.

And yes, I'm starting the cataract surgery process after Osoyoos...

Doug
Doug & Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 06:34 AM   #70

Hmmmm. People eating peanut butter and getting cataracts. Coincidence?
Old 04-20-2023, 01:34 PM   #71

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No honey or maple syrup for this kid, I'm not much of a sweet eater. Now a truly delicious sandwich is made with peanut butter, dill pickles and a banana! YUM.
You are already so sweet, you might just overdose.

I have never done pickles with PB, but as an eater of just about everything I think I will give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregWCIL View Post
This being a camper site, I’m going to try incorporating PB into my S’Mores next time we have a campfire going.
I love making s'mores, just not big on eating them. Same with just plain old fire roasted marshmallows, I love doing it but not big on eating them.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 02:18 PM   #72
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Planters Crunchy PB

Sandwich blends as follows:

My mom used to make open faced PB sandwiches & broiled them in the oven.
Awesome.
I frequently make toasted PB & banana.
Toasted PB & marmalade or jam.
PB & lettuce on plain bread.

Speaking of marmalade, try fried egg & marmalade on toast .
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:40 PM   #73

Trailer: Still looking!
I work in outsourced manufacturing for a large US based food company and from roughly 2019 - 2021 was responsible for Peter Pan production, about 100 million pounds per year. By far my least favorite product due to food safety concerns. It's all bass ackwards......the kill step (peanut roasting) happens first and then you add ingredients (like sugar, salt, oil) mill it, add crunchies if needed and then cool it and fill it. I much prefer the kill step to come last like with canned food. In cheap, stabilized PB (no stir) the oil is a kind of nasty blend of cottonseed, rapeseed and soybean oils. In "natural" no stir PB it's RSPO. "Responsibly Sourced Palm Oil." In natural peanut butter you have to stir, the naturally present oil in the peanuts comes out of suspension within a few seconds of leaving the mills and cooling votators, making it a real PITA to run on a carousel filler at 250 jars per minute. BTW, all the trader joe's, costco, and almost all store brand label (except Kroger who has their own PB factory in Albany, GA) is made by one company that has multiple factories. My absolute favorite is freshly made honey roast - right off the production line the roasty flavor is awesome.
Croney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 04:06 PM   #74

That is very interesting. Thank you for sharing - I think, lol
Old 04-21-2023, 05:13 PM   #75

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I was interested too. About a million years ago they showed how skippy peanut butter was made on the tv show “You asked for it”. And Dinah sang “See the USA in your Chevrolet, America’s the greatest land of all. Remember that? And they still haven’t built a better looking car than the 57 Chevy convertible in my not So humble opinion.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-21-2023, 06:11 PM   #76

Trailer: Still looking!
That's an awesome memory, Dave. The basic premise of making peanut butter has not really changed. The equipment is fancier and the food safety stuff is a lot more stringent. At the plants I monitored, the filler rooms were under positive air pressure with HEPA filtered air. The employees have different colored smocks and you wash up, gown up (hairnet, smock, gloves) and then go through a shoe scrub and foot bath before you enter. The amount of environmental and product testing that goes on is significant, and the product has to pass all the various microbiological tests before you can ship it.
Croney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:25 PM   #77

Trailer: 2022 Lynne's Escape19 TV GMC 1500 4x4 Diesel/
Exclamation Real peanut butter

Laura Scudder's all natural peanut butter originally was from Southern California it's also known as Adams outside of the area, they bought the company to get the recipe. The recipe is a very small amount of salt and peanuts. The oil at the top is naturally occurring peanut oil. My wife likes the smooth but I love the chunky. I almost had to order it when we were in Washington state until I was told that Adams had bought the company years ago (or they were both bought by some conglomerate known as JM Smuckers) whatever the case when you're in Southern California please stop by your nearest store and enjoy on your sandwich of peanut butter and jelly.
Craiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:21 PM   #78

Trailer: Escape 21 & Jeep GC 5.7 (Previous 2012 Casita FD17 & 2010 Audi Q5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
I have a cookie recipe that I really like, it's banana oatmeal with raisins. I add enough psyllium, flax seeds and chia seeds to make each small cookie contain about 1 gram of fiber. Way better than chugging a glass of gritty stuff IMO. Glad to share the recipe if anyone's interested.
Mike, the missus n' I, and likely others, would be grateful if you would post the recipe right here in the thread for all to see.

The Internet being what it is, this may be the post that makes you immortal!

I've enjoyed this thread. From the organ recitals to the variety of tastes on display, it's really been a journey, And, yes, I read every post. ; )
Old 04-22-2023, 12:47 AM   #79

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilguy View Post

I've enjoyed this thread. From the organ recitals to the variety of tastes on display, it's really been a journey, And, yes, I read every post. ; )
I think that this thread is a testament to too many folks with time on their hands and not out using their trailers.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:07 AM   #80

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I think that this thread is a testament to too many folks with time on their hands and not out using their trailers.

Ron
Ron

With all the discussion about PB and mustard sandwiches, PB and bacon snacks, and especially about natural (or unnatural oils) in PB, it brings to mind another substance which is essentially oil in a carrier that can also separate. I am not anti-PB, I cannot imagine living without it. I typically consume some almost every day. But given the continued posts and the composition of PB, I was eagerly anticipating someone would announce they were planning to repack their wheel bearings with a dollop of creamy. That would have tied PB “inseparably” to trailer use!