Spring Rallies and Covid - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > COVID-19 | Discussion Zone
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2021, 04:38 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Spring Rallies and Covid

We are at kind of a midway point, neither free of Covid nor as restricted as last year. Thinking about what we can reasonably and safely do at a rally. Some, but possibly not all of us, will be fully vaccinated.

I'm thinking for our spring Fort Casey gathering we could do a potluck...but hesitant on the safety issues. It's a small enough group social distancing is not an issue. Serving food might be. No crowded line... maybe extra disposable serving utensils for anyone who is concerned? Or hand cleaner before entering the line. I'd say masks worn in the food line, too, by everyone. And anyone not comfortable either sharing a dish or eating shared food could bring their own?

Currently we are in Phase 3 and likely to stay there so that allows 50 people at an outdoor gathering.

Any other thoughts on this? What would you feel comfortable doing?

(You don't have to be coming to this one-just exploring ideas here,)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 04:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm in the same boat trying to figure out what we SHOULD do for Spring NOG. I'll be curious to read what others are thinking...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm in the same boat trying to figure out what we SHOULD do for Spring NOG. I'll be curious to read what others are thinking...
Yours is trickier as likely quite a bit larger. We did a small event at the fall one, Ed cooked sausage and served it and we were socially distanced and masked except for eating/sipping. And four of us had a campfire the last night. But no big potluck. Cases were really low at that time, too, but now I'm betting we'll have around 75% or more fully vaccinated (ours is weekdays so mainly retirees.) So not worried about myself but don't want to make it so the not-yet-vaccinated or "half-vaxxed" have to segregate.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:22 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
So not worried about myself but don't want to make it so the not-yet-vaccinated or "half-vaxxed" have to segregate.
Yeah, don't want to turn it into an us and them event....

Spring NOG currently has 89 people participating and 54 sites reserved.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:57 PM   #5

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We're not as restricted as we were Nov-Feb. but things being still unknown as far as what our government will allow, the Manitoba Fibreglass and Vintage Trailer Rally has again been cancelled. I know this is not a spring rally but perhaps it would be good if people could post in this thread what plans are for the rallies through the entire camping season.

From MB F&VT R Facebook group...
"We have been in discussion and are leaning towards a Camping Weekend on the 13-15th August at St Malo Provincial Park along with a Virtual online rally for those not able to make it in person!
Many of our usual Rally activities, workshops, potluck dinner, pancake breakfast , trailer tours and meet/greets are all close group activities and simply will not work this year and a very good chance they will not even be allowed to happen.
So an informal Camping weekend at St Malo Provincial Park will be our best option! No Rally but come show off your camper, meet some of the other group members and of course follow Provincial Regulations in effect at that time.
For those who cannot make it camping please join our online Virtual Rally with a picture of your camper posted in our FB Group. More details to follow"
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:25 PM   #6

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
we have done some social events outside for our club- pre portioned food or bring your own food masked and social distance. Some will bring their own food and be more careful...if not yet vaccinated. We were all able to socialize a bit and accommodate different risk levels. I'm going to Whidbey this year but both of us are fully vaccinated and still careful masked in public etc.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
we have done some social events outside for our club- pre portioned food or bring your own food masked and social distance. Some will bring their own food and be more careful...if not yet vaccinated. We were all able to socialize a bit and accommodate different risk levels. I'm going to Whidbey this year but both of us are fully vaccinated and still careful masked in public etc.
I think that will work- just make sure people know that option is fine if they want to join in but aren't feeling safe yet.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 19'
Quote:
Yeah, don't want to turn it into an us and them event....

Spring NOG currently has 89 people participating and 54 sites reserved.
I’ve been thinking of this & wondered about the gatherings. Re the spring nog, would a poll of participants be helpful? If a potluck, perhaps some guidelines such as masks & social distancing? I am perfectly willing to share that I am fully vaccinated & am comfortable around those who are as well.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:33 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
I’ve been thinking of this & wondered about the gatherings. Re the spring nog, would a poll of participants be helpful? If a potluck, perhaps some guidelines such as masks & social distancing? I am perfectly willing to share that I am fully vaccinated & am comfortable around those who are as well.
Thanks Julie, I've been thinking about a poll. I've got to do something in the next couple of days, people expect a schedule of some sort. Spring NOG is in 17 days...
Old 04-05-2021, 08:07 PM   #10

Trailer: 2012 E19
I feel that all of us in the USA should put fear behind us, go out and enjoy the gatherings. I think, based on the following facts, that the death count has been greatly overstated.

About 18 years ago, the CDC promulgated recommended guidelines for doctors and hospitals to utilize in reporting causes of death. These guidelines have functioned very well, and there has been no reason to question their relative accuracy.

In March 2020, the CDC issued new guidelines for the reporting of Covid-19 deaths. These guidelines introduced a different reporting methodology, in which co-morbidities were discounted. As a result, the CDC currently tallies over 548,000 deaths "due to Covid-19" in the US. The CDC did not alter the reporting methodology for any other causes of death; Covid-19 was the exclusive change in March 2020.

A study published in October 2020 in the Journal of Science, Public Health Policy, and Law showed that, if Covid-19 deaths were instead reported uniformly with all other causes of death by utilizing the previous (time-proven) guidelines, the number of Covid-19 deaths would be only 6% of the CDC's total. In other words, today we would be seeing only about 33,000 deaths attributed to Covid-19 instead of 550,000.

33,000 deaths in a year from, say, influenza wouldn't even raise eyebrows let alone cause lockdowns.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:17 PM   #11
Site Team

We're not going there Mike. This is a hot topic for a lot of people and everyone has an opinion.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:22 PM   #12

Trailer: 2012 E19
Quote:
Sorry, I took you too literally. Don't fret, I'm done.