21NE shakedown this past weekend results
After a four week delay for weather and trailer stocking, we had our first outing to test everything in our Escape. Our results with accolades and a few criticisms follow:
1. The Lagun table install was the first priority since we had ETI leave out the table and had them fabricate a slightly smaller table. It was a sizable project (my son being a stress engineer for aircraft made it a little over the top) and it is quite robust. Took me about 20 hours with wood, stainless and aluminum. Having said that, It is absolutely the best modifications that allows for more room, more accessibility, and versatility.
2. The keyless entry from Bauer would not function from the start. Tried multiple times with battery change and disarming. Just not good. ETI is giving us credit and have ordered and RV keyless lock to replace it.
3. The bath shower faucet was DOA. Could not get it to work for a shower and removed it today and ordered a Delta Classic with Jim's diverter from Amazon. A new shower head was already installed.
4. Inspection of the trailer showed several screws not completely installed. Tightened those and re adjusted the door to make it operable.
5. The Fastway E2 hitch is awesome. When we left home we faced a side wind of 30 and gusting. The trailer never even twitch. Tracked and pulled great.
6. The propane heater is awesome. Temperature hovered around 30 degrees F briefly several mornings but we were toasty warm. We do have foam insulation from ETI.
7. Refrigerator is roomy and very efficient. Worked very well.
8. The bed is firm but very comfortable with the hypervent installed ( not easy since the product is sharp enough to cut skin, don't ask me how I know)
9. The storage in the 21NE is more than adequate for our chairs, cooking equipment, and dog necessities.
10. Elfa shelving in the wardrobe took some ingenuity to make stable for transport but worked great for our pantry.
11. The outdoor shower is very nice, especially since it provides hot water for dishes and cleaning up a couple of grandkids and dog paws.
12. The solar panel never let our batteries drop (we were connected to electricity most of the time camping). We did do most of our work prior to the trip on batteries alone.
13. The microwave would be hard to do without for us. Slow but adequate
14. The multiple 120v outlets came in handy and would qualify as a must for us.
15. The BOSS radio works but the Bluetooth did not. Replacing it in few weeks. The speakers are pretty good though.
16. Our next modification will involve a cell booster and internet devices as time and $ allows.
17. We had ETI install two lithium batteries however we have not tested that investment in real time just yet.
18. We have plans for another trip in three weeks. We will see how our modifications work out and enjoy our Escape even more. Wishing everyone well and hopefully see a few of you out on the road.