After almost a year of waiting... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2021, 12:01 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19 (6/15/21)
Cool After almost a year of waiting...

we took delivery of our new E19 yesterday. After Jamie the delivery guy drove off we were left to sit in Bob's parking lot for a while as we absorbed what we had done. Before we drove off to our first campsite, we had a squirrel sandwich at Bob's and discussed the future. As we're both about 70, our horizon is 10 years, hopefully more.

Then off to Oostema Farmstead for a couple nights of shakedown. That's where I'm writing this now. The birds are chirping, cool morning air, mostly blue sky, quiet. Certainly better than the RV park in Sumas. A very good sleep on the ETI provided mattress. All systems, so far, are are functioning as expected. But more to check out today.

Tomorrow it's hit the road back to Sutherlin Oregon. Two stops along the way at family so they can check out the Escaper.

We've learned so much from this site. Want to thank all for the comments and ideas. Of course, the mods will begin as soon as we're home.

Now, I guess another cup of coffee is now in order as it's a little early for a beer.

So far, so good.

thoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:28 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Never too early for beer...........
Old 06-16-2021, 12:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Congratulations!! We took delivery in Feb. and have been just thrilled with our Escape. Getting ready for an outing this weekend and a vacation in a few weeks. I think you will have the time of your life. Don’t sweat the small stuff because it probably won’t be perfect but if you owned a stick built RV you will quickly see the difference.

Jimmy and Janis
uthorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 12:50 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Beer time

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Never too early for beer...........
I’ll second that emotion. New owners are varied in experience level, expectations and traveling plans, but for the most part they are excited to be starting a new journey. And I
Second that emotion too. Had a message from some good friends who are headed to Washington state. They overnighted in western South Dakota last night and were facing a 30 mph. headwind today. Thought they might lay over a day till the wind changed. Those big flat fronted motor homes with v10 gas engines will suck a lot of fuel if given the chance. He’s pulling an enclosed trailer with two gold wing trikes in the trailer. Said there was an Escape couple from Texas in their CG last night.
Iowa Dave