Age of tow vehicle - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2023, 11:23 AM   #101

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Yeah, those old Volvos are indeed built like a tank or as they are called on one of the forums Volvo Brick forum.There was a taxicab owner in Lund Sweden that bought a late 80s model with 300.000 Kilometers on it.He drove it until the meter would read 1million 300.000 kilometers on it, then retired it.Just normal maintenance.Oil changes on time , tires and so on.It was the plain Jane GL model, no turbo , no 16 valve, just an old workhorse, makes you think of the old DC3 or Beaver airplanesThat is a beautiful wagon John, thanks for posting.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:19 PM   #102

Trailer: 2023 E19
My TV is a 2014 Tacoma with about 155000kms on the clock that I've owned since new. It still has original brakes, suspension/steering components, belts/hoses, coolant, wheel bearings, clutch, etc. I've made sure all the routine maintenance has been completed over the years at the prescribed intervals....but have never had any unexpected repairs.

I pick up my new E19 in about a month. In preparation for the trip, I recently took the truck to a trusted independent Toyota mechanic with instructions to inspect it top-to-bottom...to ensure that it was up to the task of safely and reliably towing the trailer home. I was fully expecting to receive a laundry list of recommended repairs. To my surprise, everything remains in good serviceable condition. The truck only needed fluids changed in the transmission/transfer case/diffs, an oil change, and new spark plugs (all of which I knew were due at this mileage interval). Even the front brake pads still have about 50% still remaining.

I know that towing is going to accelerate wear and tear....but I still think it's remarkable just how well the truck has held up to now. But then, I guess that's why I bought a Toyota in the first place.....
Selkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:31 PM   #103

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
heh, this 1992 740 Turbo was my daily driver for about 10 years... I think my son's ex in Reno is still driving it around.

Still a timeless / particularly handsome vehicle to my eye.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:04 PM   #104

Trailer: EscapeHatch17
1998 Ford Econline XL Van, was an old New England Aquarium Fish Ambulance! I say the Van is Hubby's, the trailer is mine!
AmyTannerLeifHatch17 is offline   Reply With Quote