Mattress squished out..... - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2023, 04:09 PM   #1

Trailer: EscapeHatch17
Mattress squished out.....

HI Hope I am in the right section. We have a new 2022 Escape Trailer Hatch 17. I so love it! Except the bed mattress.

I confess we are not on the "lean" size...but the mattress squished out after a few uses.
I did buy a mattress topper, but given the odd size 54x80 it doesn't fit great...
Any reliable sources for a new mattress? I have looked online but prices are "EEEKK"

Many Thanks
Amy
AmyTannerLeifHatch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyTannerLeifHatch17 View Post
HI Hope I am in the right section. We have a new 2022 Escape Trailer Hatch 17. I so love it! Except the bed mattress.

I confess we are not on the "lean" size...but the mattress squished out after a few uses.
I did buy a mattress topper, but given the odd size 54x80 it doesn't fit great...
80x54 inches is a "Full XL" mattress. its the width of a full aka double, but the length of a queen. A queen is 6" wider than a Full XL.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 04:25 PM   #3
Site Team

our 2014 Escape 21 has a modified Full XL mattress thats original, we both weigh something north of 200 lbs, and its doing fine after 100s of camping nights. I would contact Escape and see about a warranty claim on that mattress, a 'few uses' shouldn't have had any effect on it.

edit: oh. didn't realize yours is a KZ, not an Escape Industries of Canada, so it probably has a completely different sort of mattress in it. Look for a local foam mattress maker, who can make Latex mattresses to order, pick the foam density you prefer, pick the top padding, and cover cloth you prefer, and they can probably have a custom mattress in a few days. I'm in a small coastal college town, and we have one right here, plus tons more in the greater SF Bay Area a half hour away.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
This is a forum for Escape molded fiberglass trailers built by Escape Trailer Industries of Chiliwack, BC.

However, if you search this forum, you may find mattress suggestions from those here who have replaced mattresses.

Your 54 X 80 mattress is the same size as used in the Escape 21C model.

There is a ton of useful knowledge on RV’s in general in this forum, and many helpful members. I have not had to look for a mattress for my Escape 19, but there are folks here who have replaced mattresses.
Old 04-09-2023, 04:47 PM   #5

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by brroberts View Post

This is a forum for Escape molded fiberglass trailers built by Escape Trailer Industries of Chiliwack, BC.
I looked up Escape Hatch 17. It features front and side graphics with a fairly large "Escape". No doubt that will prove confusing to some folks.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 09:05 PM   #6

Trailer: 2013 E19
My Escape Mattress was too hard. 2 nights & my bursitis in hip kicked up. I found this place to ship a 6" foam one for about $200. Foam Factory or foam by mail. I picked their HD36-HQ, which is on the hard side for me. So will cut it up for some custom shaped cushions I need. & Order a little softer one. Stay away from Memory Foam, if you let it get cold. Gets hard!
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 07:15 AM   #7

oh goodness I do apologize as I basically googled escape trailers and got to "here". I am searching for foam....I unzipped the mattress covering and saw its basically a white puffy material...no wonder I squished it out. Thank you for your response Happy Trails
Old 04-11-2023, 07:18 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
My Escape Mattress was too hard. 2 nights & my bursitis in hip kicked up. I found this place to ship a 6" foam one for about $200. Foam Factory or foam by mail. I picked their HD36-HQ, which is on the hard side for me. So will cut it up for some custom shaped cushions I need. & Order a little softer one. Stay away from Memory Foam, if you let it get cold. Gets hard!

THANK YOU! I just found them on the web search, but am hesitant not knowing the company thank you for writing this. Happy Trails
Old 04-11-2023, 07:19 AM   #9

Trailer: 21
There is a lot of information on this site that can help you with other issues with your trailer. Glad you found us and you got info you needed. Have a safe and wonderful travel season this year
Old 04-11-2023, 07:37 AM   #10

I apologize, I guess I am in the wrong place...so very sorry but thank youfor those who responded with some ideas.........\
Happy Trails.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:08 AM   #11
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
oh goodness I do apologize as I basically googled escape trailers and got to "here". I am searching for foam....I unzipped the mattress covering and saw its basically a white puffy material...no wonder I squished it out. Thank you for your response Happy Trails
In case anyone wonders, Amy doesn't have an ETI built Escape trailer, she has one of these: https://www.kz-rv.com/products/escap...E17-HATCH.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 10:08 AM   #12
Site Team

Trailer: 2023 Escape 5.0TA
Quote:
Any reliable sources for a new mattress? I have looked online but prices are "EEEKK"
Hi Amy
Check out Wilderness RV Mattresses. We have one and it has been the most comfortable mattress we have slept on. Yes, they are expensive however, the way I see it, a good night's sleep is priceless.
SageRpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 12:37 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
THANK YOU! I just found them on the web search, but am hesitant not knowing the company thank you for writing this. Happy Trails
these guys are in Brockton, MA, and make mattresses custom to order.
Welcome to Mattress Maker of New England -

no personal experience, but they seem to be similar to various local companies where I am on the left coast

you should be able to drop in their store, try a variety of different mattresses to find whats comfortable, then have them make you a 'full xl' and you'll be gold.
Old 04-11-2023, 02:05 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
another 'custom mattress' alternative with personal experience

Another of the many alternatives for a 'custom' mattress is Mattress Insider.

Seeking a Very Firm innerspring twin that wasn't too thick* I contacted them by phone. After quizzing me about my weight, sleeping position, and preferences they suggested trying this ~8" thick mattress explaining that if it wasn't firm enough I could donate it to a local non-profit and they'd build and ship another with extra / tighter-packed rows of coils to be 'more-firm' at no additional cost.

I did that, the second 'more-firm' version with the maximum pack of coils is swell for me, so all is good in the end.

My personal dealings with them were quite satisfactory. YMMV.

*I found acceptably 'Very Firm' innerspring twin mattresses at several local retail stores and custom manufacturers, but all were much more than 8" thick, undesirable with the limited headroom in my 5.0 loft.
Old 04-11-2023, 08:13 PM   #15

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
these guys are in Brockton, MA, and make mattresses custom to order.
Welcome to Mattress Maker of New England -

no personal experience, but they seem to be similar to various local companies where I am on the left coast

you should be able to drop in their store, try a variety of different mattresses to find whats comfortable, then have them make you a 'full xl' and you'll be gold.

Yap, right in their neck of the Woods, aas those would be big$$$$to ship!
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote