Camp Chef Stove and Oven Combo - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2021, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Camp Chef Stove and Oven Combo

Does anyone have experience with Camp chef. Costco has this stove oven combo for $229 CAD. I have never been happy with my Coleman stove so at some point an upgrade? This may be it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57112CAA-FA33-4E2C-8C4A-A393853BC3AEa.jpg (248.4 KB, 21 views)

Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:06 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I am with you on dropping the Coleman stove, I never liked them. I love my Camp Chef Ranger II.

I wouldn't get this combi myself, mainly due to the size. I have an oven in the trailer, but previously used my BBQ for baking with great results.

ďMost folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.Ē ó Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 11:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
We have used that stove/oven combo for 7 years and it works very well. Ready to go out of the box with low pressure quick connect and also comes with adapter for small bottles as well
Old 03-27-2021, 01:55 AM   #4
Ops

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE "JoMoE" Just our Means of Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
Does anyone have experience with Camp chef. Costco has this stove oven combo for $229 CAD. I have never been happy with my Coleman stove so at some point an upgrade? This may be it.
I've been looking for a Canadian source for this exact product. Great price compared to what I've seen stateside. Was this recently at a local Costco? Can't find it on Costco's online store.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ops View Post
I've been looking for a Canadian source for this exact product. Great price compared to what I've seen stateside. Was this recently at a local Costco? Can't find it on Costco's online store.
Itís at the London South Costco right now.. if Iím going to get it, I need to pick it up today, still on the fence.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:49 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
FWIW, the Camp Chef stove/oven gets very good reviews on Amazon US. 95% rated it 5 (83%) and 4 (12%) stars. The only criticism I. Outed was that the oven thermometer could be inaccurate.

For me, to big and too bulky. I do most cooking on grill, and like Mr. Bennett, do any desired baking in it (after a learning curve). We occasionally use the smaller sized InstaPot. The only stove I have is in the trailer (used only to get propane flowing after long period of storage and to heat water three times in 5+ years) and a single burner butane stove with a disposable propane cylinder adapter, never used in 4+ years, only tested once to make sure it works.
Old 03-27-2021, 06:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
FWIW, the Camp Chef stove/oven gets very good reviews on Amazon US. 95% rated it 5 (83%) and 4 (12%) stars. The only criticism I. Outed was that the oven thermometer could be inaccurate.

For me, to big and too bulky. I do most cooking on grill, and like Mr. Bennett, do any desired baking in it (after a learning curve). We occasionally use the smaller sized InstaPot. The only stove I have is in the trailer (used only to get propane flowing after long period of storage and to heat water three times in 5+ years) and a single burner butane stove with a disposable propane cylinder adapter, never used in 4+ years, only tested once to make sure it works.
Ok, thanks, I checked Amazon Canada but didnít think to check Amazon US, I think Iím going to grab this. I have a big truck bed so size isnít a big deal.