Contemplating to sell my 17'B Escape "Cafe Egg" - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-01-2022, 12:51 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Escape 17 B
Contemplating to sell my 17'B Escape "Cafe Egg"

Hello All, I am contemplating to sell my 17'B Escape called Cafe Egg. Reason is lack of time to go camping and tow vehicle, as the 4Runner is past its time. We did not get out camping in the last 6 years. Cafe Egg has been parked inside the barn.

I am wondering what price I should ask, if going through with this. You can read through the building thread on this forum.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...e-egg-581.html

A lot is going on, and I hope to get back to camping in the future.

Gerda
Old 05-01-2022, 01:56 PM   #2

Trailer: 2012 E19
Well, a lot of folks ask a higher price than they think it's worth and then, if it doesn't sell right away, they come down somewhat. I would guess it's worth mid teens, based on the age, the fact that I don't see an air conditioner, and the fact that it's been sitting for 6 years (some appliances may have quit working, the tires and battery may have aged out, etc). If you can test everything out and confirm all is functioning, that will add to the perceived value.
Old 05-01-2022, 05:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 74 Apache
Hi Greg, I would actually be interested in the trailer. I live in Alaska, so the lack of air conditioning is not an issue, and would prefer something slightly older to keep the cost down. Most issues I can easily repair myself as long as it is safe to drive now. I'm not in a super rush, other than needing to time a sale with the weather so I can get it back up here, but if you'd like to contact me when you get ready to sell I'd appreciate it.
warsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 05:52 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Name change

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsky View Post
Hi Greg, I would actually be interested in the trailer. I live in Alaska, so the lack of air conditioning is not an issue, and would prefer something slightly older to keep the cost down. Most issues I can easily repair myself as long as it is safe to drive now. I'm not in a super rush, other than needing to time a sale with the weather so I can get it back up here, but if you'd like to contact me when you get ready to sell I'd appreciate it.
It's Gerda that's selling.
Not Greg.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 06:22 PM   #5

I'm sorry about that Gerda. The older I get, the more the little brain burps show up
Old 05-01-2022, 06:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
'Tis true, of all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsky View Post
I'm sorry about that Gerda. The older I get, the more the little brain burps show up

'Tis true, of all of us.
I only pointed out the mistaken identity as I'd met and spoken with Gerda....some 6 years ago, I guess.

Live & learn.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #7

Don't we all get older... No worries; my name always gets changed! The camper is actually in very decent shape; it helps that it is parked in an enclosed barn. Of course it would get new tires and repacking of the bearings. What is mostly "wrong" with it is that it could use a wash. The interior is very clean, without any stains on the fabric or such. We never cooked in it other than water for coffee. It was mostly just my daughter and I going out.
The thing is that I am undecided, as I worry that I would regret it selling if in a few years there is time for camping again. Additionally, I just love the classic version of the 17'B. However...
Just scoping things out here, as I could use the money on a different project right now, and also cannot afford to buy a tow vehicle. I had to get a smaller cheaper replacement car for the 4Runner, as that was now my daughter's car.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #8

I hear you on the regrets, but decided a while ago when the amount of stuff I was saving for someday became overwhelming, especially with the move up north, that I should focus on the stuff I need for today since I can always buy again tomorrow, and by tomorrow my needs will have changed anyway. But I'm definitely not pressuring you as I am not in much of a rush. I just want you to know that if you do decide to sell, that you have someone that would probably be interested. They pretty much never appear up here, so a drive down south is pretty much a given for me, but I'd like to stick to the northern states if possible. If you want to send me some pics maybe we can figure out a fair price and then you'll have another, important data point for your decision making.
Old 05-02-2022, 07:24 PM   #9

Hi warski, I did put some pictures in my photo album on this forum:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/m...10-albums.html
Just have a look and tell me what you think.