Convection/Microwave option - Yes or No - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2022, 04:33 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Convection/Microwave option - Yes or No

Hi all, we have a non Escape trailer with an oven that we have given up on, since everything cooks unevenly. I don’t want an oven when we order our trailer, but am considering the Convection/Microwave option. I realize the inverter won’t run this, but our current trailer does not have a microwave that works without shore power either, and it doesn’t seem to bother us.

I would love to hear about any current owners who have this option and what the pros and cons have been. We hope to order soon and I am wondering if this is something we want.
KarenPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:38 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
We don’t have an inverter, but do have the convection micro. We don’t use the oven a lot, in fact nor the micro either, but they are nice when we want them. We’re glad we have them, but only you will be able to figure out what’s best for you. A lot of the time we don’t have 120VAC.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:41 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 21NE
We have the Convection/Microwave/Air fryer oven. I like it and have used the Convection for baking bread and the microwave for reheating. We are able to use it on the inverter. Did something change for you to say it won't run on the inverter. We have a 2021 21 NE.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 04:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
We have the Convection/Microwave/Air fryer oven. I like it and have used the Convection for baking bread and the microwave for reheating. We are able to use it on the inverter. Did something change for you to say it won't run on the inverter. We have a 2021 21 NE.
I was reading an older thread that said it didn’t work with the inverter. That is really good to know that it will run, at least for a quick heating of coffee, which is our most common microwave use. I am glad to hear you have baked bread in the convection oven. Thank you.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:49 PM   #5

Trailer: 2021 21NE
You are welcome! And we were recently plugged in at a COE park and had the AC and the microwave both going without any issues. I have read on this forum that it cannot be done, but we did it. Perhaps it was an older trailer.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:02 PM   #6

Trailer: 2022 21NE
I like my convection oven. Runs on the inverter fine.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 07:02 PM   #7

I am glad you like the Convection/Microwave option and it works with the inverter. Did you get the Convection/Microwave that is offered from Escape, or did you purchase your own?
Old 07-05-2022, 07:22 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Escape's provided Contoure convection oven. Very hilariously they have a YouTube video in which they try to cook a frozen pizza directly on the glass turntable instead of on an elevated grilling rack. Was like a snuff film watching them pretend it turned out well. Hilarious.
Crazypill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:35 AM   #9

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
I can vouch for the fact that the ETI supplied microwave/convection oven works fine off the inverter.

But, add the 110V espresso machine while the oven is on and the inverter responds by checking out.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 04:06 AM   #10

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
For us a microwave or convection microwave take away needed space. We make coffee using the Melina method with the coffee in an insulated container that keeps the coffee hot for 4-6 hours. Terry now does all her baking/oven use with a Omnia Oven with all the options. We were shocked at how well the Omnia bakes.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 07:59 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Everyone has their own methods of cooking, ones that work best for them. My wife really wanted an oven and given I am not one to dispute any method of her cooking wonderful stuff in it, I agreed and installed the Dickinson Caribbean stove. We went with a marine gas stove for the quality of the build, the performance of the unit, and the fact that it worked on gas as we are rarely connected to the grid.

This has worked out wonderfully for us. Firstly, it works great. The oven produces great baked foods, and the two stovetop burners are absolutely fantastic to use. The only mediocre thing is the broiler, while it does work, is much slower than the electric one at home.

Doing work like this is not for everyone, but if at all inclined the results are worth in IMO.

“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:45 AM   #12

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I try to not mimic my home kitchen while camping. I try to use over the fire meals or use a small propane stove/grill.
Old 07-06-2022, 08:48 PM   #13

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I try to not mimic my home kitchen while camping. I try to use over the fire meals or use a small propane stove/grill.
I suppose thats why there’s many flavors at Baskin-Robbins, and many options with Escape. Mimicking my kitchen is exactly what I kept in mind when I made my choices.

If keeping things basic to a purest who loves camping is important, there is a good argument for them to use a tent…

I don’t want to camp that way, many others feel the same way.
I can’t see anything wrong with choosing whatever options a person wants, and I cant begin to imagine why anyone else would care.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 09:04 PM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thumbs up spot on, IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
I suppose thats why there’s many flavors at Baskin-Robbins, and many options with Escape.

I can’t see anything wrong with choosing whatever options a person wants, and I cant begin to imagine why anyone else would care.
Bingo!

Quite often in my youth if I made comment on another person's innocuous choices in life my Dad would promptly deadpan: "That's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors." Thanks, Dad, RIP.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:03 AM   #15

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
People read the forums for information. Nothing wrong with one camper posting what they do, and another posting the opposite. That leaves the person reading in posts to determine which situation applies to them.
No need to get upset.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:33 AM   #16

Trailer: 2024 Escape 23 on order, 2022 RAM 1500 5.7L Laramie
Quote:
I suppose thats why there’s many flavors at Baskin-Robbins, and many options with Escape. Mimicking my kitchen is exactly what I kept in mind when I made my choices.

If keeping things basic to a purest who loves camping is important, there is a good argument for them to use a tent…

I don’t want to camp that way, many others feel the same way.
Validation is quite important to some folks. Don’t have much to do with providing balanced input if the goal is to continually reinforce that they made the right decision.
bborzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 05:27 AM   #17

Trailer: 21
Yup everyone camps their own way as it should be. What works for one doesn’t necessarily work for the other. Just get and have fun,enjoy the sights n sounds, relax and don’t worry about how another person camps. Oh n help others when the situation arises if needed. One goes camping to get away from all bickering in the world today so enjoy
Old 07-07-2022, 05:47 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My point being, I want to enjoy my time camping, not preparing and cooking or baking fancy or complicated meals. I do enough of that at home. Bacon, eggs, Spam, Scrapple, bread and I'm a happy camper....
Old 07-18-2022, 04:37 AM   #19

Trailer: class B camper van- 2021
I would love to carry a stove or go for camp fire.
levi&live72 is offline   Reply With Quote