do you travel with table up? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-16-2020, 07:15 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
BTW, the "U" is a $400 option, or was last year. You do get the kitchen window and larger refer for the extra $2000 plus a bigger bath and over all bigger trailer that weighs about 400# more than the E19. I have had both each, twice over past 8 years. The bed is smaller and the dinette is about the same but in the rear vs the front.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
I love to know what the true tongue weight would be. it must had come in lighter as they didn't move the batteries to the back.
Website has both E21 weighing the same....
Old 04-16-2020, 07:23 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile.
You already have something like 8 inches more than a classic 17B.
Glen, I am not going to be looking it up, but are you saying a 19TA has 8 inches more than a classic 17B and that a 21TA and 5TA have 12 inches more?
Old 04-16-2020, 07:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
No. I believe the 19 has 4" more than my 17B and the 21 and 5TA have 4" more than the 19. I step into the area at the door to allow my wife to pass, unless, I'm horny.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Those of you with the Lagun table mount . can you still set up the u shaped dinette into a bed?
Yes you can, this granddaughter had no complaints.
Attached Thumbnails
Feb 2020 Ava in bed in Sweet Suite Rotated - Grand Canyon - Copy.jpg  
Old 04-16-2020, 07:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Those of you with the Lagun table mount . can you still set up the u shaped dinette into a bed?
You can, however if you(like us) plan to convert regularly the Springfield is definitely the way to go.

From Lagun in Q&A to make table into a bed:
Loosen the handle on the leg & remove the Lagun Table Leg from the permanently installed bracket
Flip your table top onto a protected flat surface
Loosen the handle that links the arm & leg
Remove the leg from the arm
Slide the leg onto the table mounting plate to store under your table top
Make sure all handles are secured & positioned appropriately.

Takes me 30 seconds tops to switch table to bed using our Springfield.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:44 PM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
the springfield with the dicor 2-way slider converts our 21' U dinette to a bed very easily and quickly, and its quite stable in either position while traveling. I do lock both directions of the slider while traveling (and while its in the bed position).

I don't leave anything ON the table while traveling as it would be prone to falling off pretty quickly.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 07:48 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
No. I believe the 19 has 4" more than my 17B and the 21 and 5TA have 4" more than the 19. I step into the area at the door to allow my wife to pass, unless, I'm horny.
Maybe I said it wrong, his comment was comparing the 19' with a 21and he said "so I trying to decide if I need a bigger table area .basically thats where most the extra room is on the 21NE" to which I was trying to make him aware of the extra 4" in width.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Maybe I said it wrong, his comment was comparing the 19' with a 21and he said "so I trying to decide if I need a bigger table area .basically thats where most the extra room is on the 21NE" to which I was trying to make him aware of the extra 4" in width.
ps. in regards to the romantic side, I am just wondering if that 4" is a problem? Inquiring minds want to know
Old 04-17-2020, 05:10 AM   #30

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
BTW, the "U" is a $400 option, or was last year. You do get the kitchen window and larger refer for the extra $2000 plus a bigger bath and over all bigger trailer that weighs about 400# more than the E19. I have had both each, twice over past 8 years. The bed is smaller and the dinette is about the same but in the rear vs the front.

I was hoping the real weight was only 200 more.400 i might be better to stick to the 19

Quote:
Website has both E21 weighing the same....

They do today after I sent them a email to confirm weight,Because they had the NE listed at 3150.
in fact that was the weight that got me looking and thinking maybe I be better to up size. I just trying to do as much research as possible. The members on this forum have been a great help
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:11 AM   #31

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Not sure about some of the other dimensions which I would think will increase storeage BUT the most extra room that I would appreciate is the 4 inches wider aisle. People like that extra room!
Having previously owned an “SOB” (interestingly enough the brand name also began with an S), when I acquired my 5.0TA and people asked me how I would compare the two, one of the things I would jokingly say is “well, in the 5.0TA we can pass by each other in the center without worrying we might have another child.”

The added width is wonderful! If you feel crammed into whatever trailer you select, the entire experience is not going to be as pleasant as it could be.
Old 04-17-2020, 06:18 AM   #32

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
E21 vs. E19

When we looked at Escape trailers in 2015 We were looking at a used 5 single axle but i would have to buy a truck and my wife didn’t want that So we looked at the 19 and then when they changed over to new design we were sold on the E21 When you add up bigger fridge putting dinette in the back and bigger trailer it was no brainer for us I think it was about 500 lb heavier and maybe $1000 more ? If you have the tow vehicle and the extra $$ go for the E21. Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:33 AM   #33

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Like John in Santa Cruz, I also have the four way slider. I haven't measured but it's my impression that there is more left/right slide which would give a bit more room to access the benches.
Old 04-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #34

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:

On the 21NE there is no charge for the U shape,big fridge and kitchen window. But after doing all the research i think i going to stick with the 19. for less weight

Quote:
Yes you can, this granddaughter had no complaints.
thanks you she looks very comfortable
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:39 PM   #35

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Quote:
There is really no need to get access to the driver's side as there is little room for storage. Your black tank is there as well as your electrical panel. Maybe 3 times a year is needed....you could always install an outside compartment also, either factory or after market.
Jim, I disagree. We spent 4 months in Mexico and wanted to bring along canned cat food for our little princess. That's 120 cans. In the lower area on the driver's side front bench I placed 100 cans of cat food, plus 12 large cans of veggies not available in Mexico, plus 6 jars of spagetti sauce, and a gallon of RV antifreeze. On top of the black water tank 4 - 1.5# cans of cappuchino mix and 4 jars of instant coffee, plus the dirt devil vacuum cleaner. On the passenger side we had 15 - 3 liter boxes of wine, all our shoes, and bike helmets. On the back of our 19' we had our 2 mountain bikes, between the bike rack and the bikes we likely had +100# of weight. We had to have extra tongue weight to compensate. Do not suggest there is little space on the driver's side bench, i filled it.