Escape 21NE - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2020, 08:20 PM   #21

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
When is this Black Friday Discount? November 27?

As I mentioned, that was the last discount Escape offered. Karl said he didn't like the idea that someone would be upset that they missed a discount date, or that they would put off a purchase waiting etc, and that it made much more sense to him to just keep prices reasonable and drop the 'discounts'.

In Escape's defense, a lot of things that used to be optional are now standard, like the extra cabin insulation and a few others.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
• Two-Way Hot Water Tank (Propane & 120V) $160 We have propane only, one less thing to do (I think you manually switch it over) also an accidental turn on with the hot water tank empty and you have another job replacing the electric element.

One advantage of the electric that I've heard is you'll be able to heat water faster with both sources on at the same time (If you like back to back showers or lots of people using shower). Might take awhile to save the $160 in propane?

• Foot Flush Toilet 48 We have the handle flush - toilet sits on top of the black tank making the handle close by. Also, I haven't had the experience, but I would think that to flush the foot flush you either need to be very limber to get your foot up there or you need to stand up, turn around and flush. I am aware the foot flush is a very popular option, I haven't seen anything from anyone who has had both.

If you're in a location with power it just makes sense to use the electricity that you're paying for. System redundancy is always a good thing to have in a mobile rig.

Yah, I used to think something like that until I got a foot flush toilet. Take a poll, how many folks that have had both types would go back to a lean over the toilet handle flush?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:48 AM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post

• Foot Flush Toilet 48 We have the handle flush - toilet sits on top of the black tank making the handle close by. Also, I haven't had the experience, but I would think that to flush the foot flush you either need to be very limber to get your foot up there or you need to stand up, turn around and flush. I am aware the foot flush is a very popular option, I haven't seen anything from anyone who has had both.

Yah, I used to think something like that until I got a foot flush toilet. Take a poll, how many folks that have had both types would go back to a lean over the toilet handle flush?
Ron
Thanks Ron, appreciate your first hand experience with both flush types.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #24

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
New revised list

I took a lot of your comments to revise our draft plan. I wised up and put this in an Excel spreadsheet. For what it's worth, we are not Apple users. Also, where do folks request placement of interior or exterior 12V/USB outlets?

Base trailer 28995

Two way hot water tank 160
Toilet shut off valve 20
Exterior shower 132
Dual 6V Batteries 220
190W Solar Panel with Charge Controllor 680
Surge Protector 320
Removable Power Cord 120
Dometic Air Conditioner with Digital Thermostat 980
Frameless Thermal Windows 440
Frameless Thermal Window in Bathroom 240
HiLift axle 312
Power Tongue Jack 236
Exterior Access Hatch 140
Exterior Propane Quick Connect with 12' Propane Hose and Adaptor 128
Storage Box (Front of Trailer) 560
Double Step 40
Full wrap on cushions (Custom Fabric we provide) 80
Spray Foam Insulation (for under trailer) 800
Zamp solar port 104

Subtotal options 5712

Total 34707
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:05 AM   #25

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
I took a lot of your comments to revise our draft plan. I wised up and put this in an Excel spreadsheet. For what it's worth, we are not Apple users. Also, where do folks request placement of interior or exterior 12V/USB outlets?

Base trailer 28995

Two way hot water tank 160
Toilet shut off valve 20
Exterior shower 132
Dual 6V Batteries 220
190W Solar Panel with Charge Controllor 680
Surge Protector 320
Removable Power Cord 120
Dometic Air Conditioner with Digital Thermostat 980
Frameless Thermal Windows 440
Frameless Thermal Window in Bathroom 240
HiLift axle 312
Power Tongue Jack 236
Exterior Access Hatch 140
Exterior Propane Quick Connect with 12' Propane Hose and Adaptor 128
Storage Box (Front of Trailer) 560
Double Step 40
Full wrap on cushions (Custom Fabric we provide) 80
Spray Foam Insulation (for under trailer) 800
Zamp solar port 104

Subtotal options 5712

Total 34707
Your ETI sales person should be able to email you a Customer Fillable Excel Based Build Sheet for the Escape 21NE. If not PM me your email and I'll forward the one they sent me.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:13 AM   #26

Quote:
I use 12 volt outlets instead of USB outlets. The reason is the USB standard changes. USB started at 5V .5 amp, then went 5V 1 amp, then 5V 2.1 amp, then upto 6.3V Quickcharge 1.0, 5 V-9 V-12 V, Quickcharge 2.0, 3.6 V to 22 V dynamic with 200 mV increments Quickcarge 3.0, 3.6 V to 20 V with 20 mV increments via QC, 5 V, 9 V via USB-PD, 3 V to 21 V in 20 mV steps and 0 A to 3 A 50mA steps increments via USB-PD 3.0 PPS (Programmable Power Supply) for both Quickcharge 4 and Quickcharge 4+.

The 12 volt cigarette plug / outlet has been the same for over 50 years. I just install 12 volt plugs that way I can use the latest USB adapter plug in the 12 volt cigarette outlet.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #27

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I don't know what it is but it seems I have to reseat the usb-12v lighter adapter almost every time we plug something into them, in the trailer, in the truck, and in the car. I'll take the USB wall plugs.

Frank, I wanted and got 12v plugs, no usb's at the time, where I thought we would leave phones and such to charge and where we would be using them. I have one at the table, one at the small counter at the door (5.0TA), and one outside next to the 120vac outlet. Some folks have them at the bed too. I added one afterwards in an overhead cabinet over the table for the cell booster.
Old 06-14-2020, 09:29 AM   #28

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Your ETI sales person should be able to email you a Customer Fillable Excel Based Build Sheet for the Escape 21NE. If not PM me your email and I'll forward the one they sent me.
Is it the one on the web page: https://escapetrailer.com/the-escape...e-detailed/s/?

If not, I will message you with my email address. Thanks!
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 10:55 AM   #29

Quote:
Toilet shut off valve 20
Glad to see that you're getting the toilet shut off valve. All plumbing fixtures should have a secondary shut off. Without one it's like carrying a loaded gun without a safety.

If the toilet flush valve were to fail, say from having frozen, and crack a person without a means to isolate the toilet water supply would be left without a usable water system.

And for that price, even folks that have done a lot of work with pex, like me didn't even consider it worth retro-fitting myself.

Ron
Old 06-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #30

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
I don't know what it is but it seems I have to reseat the usb-12v lighter adapter almost every time we plug something into them, in the trailer, in the truck, and in the car. I'll take the USB wall plugs.
When you opt for USB doesn’t Escape use the Magnadyne 12V outlet with separate dual USB? That gives you both. I retrofitted these for the standard plug in three locations for better flexibility in charging and using 12V devices. My point is TTMartin would still have some future proofing if he choose this route. Plus these are self-contained unlike the standard 12V outlets that have exposed terminals on the back. Blew the fuse once or twice with a pot handle that shorted the plug.
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2020, 02:44 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
When you opt for USB doesn’t Escape use the Magnadyne 12V outlet with separate dual USB? That gives you both. I retrofitted these for the standard plug in three locations for better flexibility in charging and using 12V devices. My point is TTMartin would still have some future proofing if he choose this route. Plus these are self-contained unlike the standard 12V outlets that have exposed terminals on the back. Blew the fuse once or twice with a pot handle that shorted the plug.
My view is for the price of 2 ($60 each) of those you can get 3 ($40 each) of the 12 volt outlets. I don't see paying $20 extra for what are really already outdated USB outlets.

Everyone has different priorities.

I just was sharing why I chose 12 volt outlets on MY trailer, and you shared your reasons why you chose to add USB plugs.

Thank you for letting me know about the possible need to address the back of the 12 volt plug.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:04 PM   #32

Quote:
Glad to see that you're getting the toilet shut off valve. All plumbing fixtures should have a secondary shut off. Without one it's like carrying a loaded gun without a safety.
I took a quick look at my plumbing fixtures today, I didn't see any secondary shut off valves for the bath sink, kitchen sink, or outdoor shower. Maybe I took too "quick" of a look.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:14 PM   #33

None of mine do either. Actually I thought that I'd seen them previously however what I saw was just the bottom of the 90* elbow. However there's more danger from not having a secondary shut-off on the toilet because toilet valves can and have broken and leaked.

In mine, the kitchen ones would be easy to install, the bathroom taps, not so much.

Ron
Old 06-14-2020, 08:07 PM   #34

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
Speaking of spare 12V plugs, we added one to our exterior so we could pump up the tires using trailer power instead of trying to get tghe tow vehicle close.
Old 06-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #35

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upfisk View Post
Speaking of spare 12V plugs, we added one to our exterior so we could pump up the tires using trailer power instead of trying to get tghe tow vehicle close.

I just run a 12V extension cord out a window to do the same thing.
Attached Thumbnails
12V extension cord.jpg  
Old 06-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #36

Wink

Quote:
None of mine do either. Actually I thought that I'd seen them previously however what I saw was just the bottom of the 90* elbow. However there's more danger from not having a secondary shut-off on the toilet because toilet valves can and have broken and leaked.

In mine, the kitchen ones would be easy to install, the bathroom taps, not so much.

Ron
Thanks Ron, I appreciate your response back.