Escape has additional capacity in 2022? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2021, 09:24 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I got the same email today…my pickup is tomorrow in Sumas. I kinda chuckled but I’m sure it’s an email that went out to all customers that have an open order that have not picked up yet.
You could tell them that you would be happy to meet an hour earlier than planned at Sumas!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:41 AM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonsinmotion View Post
I have a June 2023 completion date and I received that email... if I can get bumped into 2022 then I'm all for it!
Not sure if you are familiar with the annual Escape Rally held each May in Osoyoos, BC but the rally and the CG are both wonderful events/places to attend. Osoyoos is one of the prettiest CG we have ever stayed and the drive from Chilliwack over is just beautiful.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:27 PM   #23

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiger View Post
I received the email today also. I am scheduled for delivery in August. Made the decision not to accept an earlier date just way too much going on during most of the summer. I am aware of a number of cancellations from what I've read on the Facebook escape. It will be interesting to see how much I could've possibly moved up.
We’ll let you know. We’re scheduled for early Aug. and elected to be moved up.
edlynnrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:44 AM   #24

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
AFIK Escape has worked to increase their production capacity over the past year. Our E19 ordered in early January initially had a completion date of Aug 2022, then moved up to Mar 2022, and later moved up to this last November. Then bumped back to December, and we just picked it up from the Sacramento delivery location on Dec 13, 2021. Worked out great for us. And their delivery prices are pretty fair. I don’t think I could have picked it up in Sumas for the price, considering the gas, motels & meals in order to pick it up there.
DougO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:21 AM   #25
T2S

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
For what it's worth, I submitted the form to cancel my order this morning. One more slot in 2023 is now open.

We purchased a 2018 escape and will not want to update for at least a few years.
T2S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:27 AM   #26

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2S View Post
For what it's worth, I submitted the form to cancel my order this morning. One more slot in 2023 is now open.

We purchased a 2018 escape and will not want to update for at least a few years.
I have yet refilled any of my propane tanks on any of the 4 prior Escapes owned by myself. Hoping to stop this nasty habit next year......
Old 12-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #27
T2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I have yet refilled any of my propane tanks on any of the 4 prior Escapes owned by myself. Hoping to stop this nasty habit next year......
I've seen your propane usage mentioned a few times. I'm typically a buy and hold person. There are a couple of things I would do differently if buying a new escape but not enough of a concern I can justify upgrading soon. You can be happy you have significantly contributed to the used market inventory over the years.
Old 12-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #28

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2S View Post
There are a couple of things I would do differently if buying a new escape but not enough of a concern I can justify upgrading soon.
Care to expand on that?
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #29
T2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Care to expand on that?
Remember I've only owned my escape a short time, but If I was ordering I would have went with the manual awning and 120v/propane water heater. Other options I am more on the fences. For example, I would also consider the compressor fridge as I loved the compressor fridge on my sailboat, but of course camping is a different application.
Old 12-16-2021, 05:52 PM   #30

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
If were ordering another escape 4 things dual solar panels, not get the u shaped bench seats, get outside shower both sides and more 12 volt/ USB ports

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 08:09 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
You could tell them that you would be happy to meet an hour earlier than planned at Sumas!
Never thought of that but yes the driver was close to an hour early. New 21C is parked and happy in my driveway
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:02 PM   #32

Trailer: 2012 E19
I had selected the option to move up if possible, and today I got a follow-up email. It said in part:
If you are still trying to decide if this is the right opportunity for you, the best way I can describe it is as follows: If you want your trailer earlier and can live with date uncertainty up until we start production, this is for you. If not then save yourself the frustration and decline.

When will we know if we are planned to be built earlier?
We will make contact to start your configuration, if you are not ready or do not like the planned dates and want to opt out, you can do so before we start configuring your trailer. We have just under 400 folks interested in an earlier date, we will work chronologically based on current completion dates.

When will you start our configuration?
Ideally we will start working with you +4 months prior to the completion date (this completion date could be our planned open slot that we would like to allocate to you).

I like the fact that they'll let purchasers change their minds (opt out) once they hear the new projected time slot. And there'll be advance warning of 4+ months concerning that projected time slot. It's like switching from stud poker to draw poker after the initial hand has been dealt, for no stakes beyond the ante; no harm in discarding the low cards and trying to draw some better ones!
Old 12-17-2021, 03:17 PM   #33

Trailer: 2019 E19
That sucks. If ETI had sent this more in-depth info along with the offer then we would've accepted. It sounded like an all-or-nothing proposal.

Oh well.. we only have to wait until September.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #34

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberman View Post
That sucks. If ETI had sent this more in-depth info along with the offer then we would've accepted. It sounded like an all-or-nothing proposal.

Oh well.. we only have to wait until September.
You could email and ask to be included. At this point I think they're just gathering info.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #35

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
You could email and ask to be included. At this point I think they're just gathering info.
I just did!
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote