Escape sighting? - Page 39 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2017, 05:26 PM   #761
Senior Member
 
garysd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Posts: 185
Linda and I were traveling up to Chilliwack for our orientation tomorrow and we spotted a 5.0 TA being towed by a white truck as it merged onto I-5 from I-205. Linda rolled down her window and waved to them. I think the truck was a GMC, but I'm not sure, and I did not get a good look at the plates.

Our very first Escape sighting on the road!!

Gary
__________________

__________________
Gary & Linda
2017 Escape 21 (April 04, 2017 )
2015 Nissan Pathfinder
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #762
Senior Member
 
Jill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sacramento area, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Posts: 407
Just a mile from my house I was turning onto Auburn Folsom road in Granite Bay and saw a 19 turning into Beals State Park. If you see this let me know and I'll pop by to say hi! Also, stay dry - it's going to be a rainy weekend!
__________________

Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:18 PM   #763
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: West Coast, Florida
Trailer: None now
Posts: 1,266
Coming in from Idaho on i-84 saw a Escape 19 heading towards Idaho. We were near mile marker 8 in case you noticed the Escape 19 on the other side.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:52 PM   #764
Senior Member
 
Steve Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Fremont, California
Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Posts: 1,479
Today, 4/13, We saw a 21 northbound on Highway 5 in CA., just north of the grapevine. Being pulled by a white pick-up, maybe had duelies.
__________________
Steve and Debbie
2016 - 21'

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #765
Senior Member
 
titanizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Ashland City, Tennessee
Trailer: 2016 21' Classic
Posts: 263
Spotted a 19' being towed by a dark blue truck this afternoon. It was exiting I24 onto Briley Pkwy. Who was it? I was headed West on Briley going home in white F150 but not towing.
titanizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 04:12 PM   #766
Member
 
Lornanaugle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Tracy, California
Trailer: 2015 19'
Posts: 48
It's exciting to see an Escape traveling in our home town! Easter break and many folks are on their way to somewhere! Saw a 17' pulled by a red truck on Grantline Road, Tracy CA!
Lornanaugle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:13 PM   #767
Senior Member
 
BCnomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: O town, British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Posts: 1,467
Crystal and hubby were pulling out of 7 Feathers RV lot when I pulled in. Dang near identical 2014 21s except mine has AC. They were coming back from Mexico and were well tanned.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 03:34 PM   #768
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
Posts: 4,228
Yesterday in Lone Pine a 21 towed by white Tacoma. Swung around and they had gone into Alabama Hills cafe. We wuz jammin' to Grand Canyon. At Desert View c.g.- just opened today. First come.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:05 PM   #769
Tin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NA, Arizona
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Yesterday in Lone Pine a 21 towed by white Tacoma. Swung around and they had gone into Alabama Hills cafe. We wuz jammin' to Grand Canyon. At Desert View c.g.- just opened today. First come.
Hi Rossue, Nice, we are planning a trip to Mammoth area for trout fishing first weeks of May. We are hoping the snow,road and campground conditions up there are clear by May. Alabama Hills cafe UMMM good stuff. Please let us know how you like Desert View c.g.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #770
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
Posts: 4,228
Desert View is 50 sites, mostly smallish spaces. Officially 30' max, however camp host was very accomodating, even with a mid-size 5th wheel. Very nice c.g.!

They just stocked Lone Pine c.g. last Wednesday an they're catchin' 'em! Lot of snow for sure(road to Portal open), unclear as to when they'll open all the campgrounds (must be 50 from Lone Pine to June Lake). Lone Pine Visitor center has a great 2 lage handout of all c.g. in that area.

Great Basin bakery in Bishop not to be missed either
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #771
Tin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NA, Arizona
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Desert View is 50 sites, mostly smallish spaces. Officially 30' max, however camp host was very accomodating, even with a mid-size 5th wheel. Very nice c.g.!

They just stocked Lone Pine c.g. last Wednesday an they're catchin' 'em! Lot of snow for sure(road to Portal open), unclear as to when they'll open all the campgrounds (must be 50 from Lone Pine to June Lake). Lone Pine Visitor center has a great 2 lage handout of all c.g. in that area.

Great Basin bakery in Bishop not to be missed either
Nice! I will note "Desert View" on our list and glad to hear they are biting . I have never been to Great Basin bakery but it looks good always willing to try new places. Thank You
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #772
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A -- "The Pullman"
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post

They just stocked Lone Pine c.g. last Wednesday an they're catchin' 'em! Lot of snow for sure(road to Portal open), .......
Ross,
"Fishmas" (opening of fishing season) is the last Saturday in April (April 29): What are they catching? where?
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
LRRA2015
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:21 PM   #773
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SLO County, California
Trailer: 2014 21 2019 Expedition
Posts: 4,228
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Ross,
"Fishmas" (opening of fishing season) is the last Saturday in April (April 29): What are they catching? where?
HI Don- we were out there for two weeks, they were fishing the Owens and at Lone Pine c.g. Not sure if Lone Pine c.g.was legal; Bitterbrush definitely not as per Ranger ("stay out of the creek!). Gonna be a big crowd come last Saturday in April!

Edit: Love Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop!!
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #774
Senior Member
 
dfandrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A -- "The Pullman"
Posts: 2,183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
HI Don- we were out there for two weeks, they were fishing the Owens and at Lone Pine c.g. Not sure if Lone Pine c.g.was legal; Bitterbrush definitely not as per Ranger ("stay out of the creek!). Gonna be a big crowd come last Saturday in April!

Edit: Love Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop!!
Ross,
RE: "Love Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop" . Oh Yes! I get hungry w/in 20 miles of Bishop. Of course, so does the tow vehicle!

That big crowd weekend is one I always avoid. Usually, we'll go a couple of weeks later, when its not elbow bumping elbow. This year, it'll be in June, on the way back from the ETI rally in Ossoyos.

We heard from the ranger who's part of the fish-stocking detail: they've had trouble finding adequate spots for stocking creeks. The heavy rains brought a lot of silt down, and filled the pools and holes.
The good news is you may find a little more gold than usual, if you bring a pan.
__________________
Don & Teresa
2015 17A: 2011 Honda Pilot
LRRA2015
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #775
Senior Member
 
Old Fulica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Trailer: 2011 19'
Posts: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Crystal and hubby were pulling out of 7 Feathers RV lot when I pulled in. Dang near identical 2014 21s except mine has AC. They were coming back from Mexico and were well tanned.
We have some friends who just returned from 2 months in Guayabitos Mexico. They said they met some people from BC with a 21 foot escape. I bet it was the same people.
__________________
Long may you run,
Len and Dian

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #776
Tin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NA, Arizona
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
HI Don- we were out there for two weeks, they were fishing the Owens and at Lone Pine c.g. Not sure if Lone Pine c.g.was legal; Bitterbrush definitely not as per Ranger ("stay out of the creek!). Gonna be a big crowd come last Saturday in April!

Edit: Love Mahogany Smoked Meats in Bishop!!
Some of the creeks and such are year round but strickly catch and release with no barb hooks. Mahogany Smoked Meats Umm just thinking about all that jerky, last year bought some of there black berry jam OH MY.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM   #777
Tin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NA, Arizona
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
We have some friends who just returned from 2 months in Guayabitos Mexico. They said they met some people from BC with a 21 foot escape. I bet it was the same people.
Guayabitos Mexico ! On the Mazatlán side ? No way in H*&% would I trailer there. Guayabitos Baja California Sur well thats one heck of a drive to go no where ?
Is there another Guayabitos ? I know there are alot of places in Baja with the same or similar names.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:31 AM   #778
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Guayabitos Mexico ! On the Mazatlán side ? No way in H*&% would I trailer there. Guayabitos Baja California Sur well thats one heck of a drive to go no where ?
Is there another Guayabitos ? I know there are alot of places in Baja with the same or similar names.
We have friends that are planning to head to Manzanillo with their trailer (non-Escape, for now that is), probably just short of two years from now for a few months and we are hoping to go along too. They travel down there all the time (though not with a trailer yet), and say they have no worries at all about doing so. They did say when they drive down, they start at the border in the early AM, stick to main highways, and drive all day.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:56 AM   #779
Tin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NA, Arizona
Trailer: 2017 5.0TA
Posts: 527
Hi Jim, This area of mexico is absolutely beautiful but I personal would not even consider going there let alone trailing there. Its not worth it, just know you will be driving some of the most dangerous roads in Mexico and I am not talking about pot holes to arrive in a dangerous place in a truck and trailer that worth more than most residence will make in there life time . If you must go stick with Baja Sur much safer.
Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #780
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 14,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin View Post
Hi Jim, This area of mexico is absolutely beautiful but I personal would not even consider going there let alone trailing there. Its not worth it, just know you will be driving some of the most dangerous roads in Mexico and I am not talking about pot holes to arrive in a dangerous place in a truck and trailer that worth more than most residence will make in there life time . If you must go stick with Baja Sur much safer.
The Baja is definitely less worry, and I will be doing that too.

I just have read as much as possible about folks who have actually taken an RV south in Mexico. Most mentions I have seen are from folks claim it is a bad idea, yet have nothing to go on other that how they feel. I have yet to read of anyone who actually did it who had troubles. I have read the experiences of those that did do it, and they are mostly positive to a huge degree.

I would really only want to do it with another RV, or even more. It would add to the fun factor too. I have lots of friends who have spent months at a time, over many different years, in Mexico away from the tourist areas. I trust their input, which is all positive. It would be helpful as they are much more fluent in Spanish than me, all I know are the important stuff like cerveza and baño.

Mind you, it is my nature to be trusting and look for the best in people. Yes, this attitude has stung me a couple times, but it has also lead to many, many great experiences.
__________________

__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×