Glenn Baglo | R.I.P. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2024, 10:39 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Glenn Baglo | R.I.P.

Sad news about another long time member: Glenn Baglo, longtime Vancouver Sun photographer, dead at 75
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
I enjoyed digging through his photos, many of them taken in Vancouver. We were there when we picked up our Escape. If I remember I’ll print some of his photos and bring them to the rally.

See you soon at NOG. Hope there’s dry spells for cycling. We are going to bring our 19 year old cat, 750 miles.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 10:53 PM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C + 2021 F-150 PowerBoost 4x4
Sorry to hear the news, but thank you for informing us, Donna. Glenn was one of the first members I interacted with here. He could be rather blunt with folks sometimes, but he did try to be helpful too. He added some character to the forum for sure. Rest in peace, Glenn.
YakRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 01:11 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakRV View Post
Sorry to hear the news, but thank you for informing us, Donna. Glenn was one of the first members I interacted with here. He could be rather blunt with folks sometimes, but he did try to be helpful too. He added some character to the forum for sure. Rest in peace, Glenn.
He sure did. Of course when he referred to his wife as Old Bag some folks got a little excited.

Still don't what happened to the hole in the doughnut.

RIP Glen

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:19 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
He sure did. Of course when he referred to his wife as Old Bag some folks got a little excited.

Still don't what happened to the hole in the doughnut.

RIP Glen

Ron
He also referred to his daughter as T Bag (or Tea Bag). I suspect the folks who got a little excited failed to connect the Bag in his reference to his spouse with the connection to the last name, that is BAGlo.

I agree he could be sarcastic at times, but that was his personality, something everyone has.

My condolences to his loved ones.
Old 04-19-2024, 07:39 AM   #6

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
There were two sides to Glen, and I think some folks never got past his bluntness to the helpful man that he was. I started here fairly late in Glen’s journey, but was fortunate to see and be helped by the compassionate and passionate side of Glen.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:39 AM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
My sympathies to his family. I will miss his acerbic sense of humor.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:29 AM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sad news about another long time member: Glenn Baglo, longtime Vancouver Sun photographer, dead at 75[/URL]
The article and Mr. Baglo's photos were way cool, and the man himself was a valuable contributor to this forum.

I based my trailer checklists on the ones Mr. Baglo provided to the forum. Clear and comprehensive.
Old 04-19-2024, 09:30 AM   #9

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Great article, Donna! It captures Glenn’s true complexity.

Thanks for sharing!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:38 AM   #10

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Quote:
Sad news about another long time member: Glenn Baglo...
Thank you for posting the link to Pete McMartin's amazing tribute to an amazing man in The Sun. I always enjoyed his humor and saw through that veneer of gruffness and sarcasm. True...he did not suffer fools lightly and it showed. I wish I had met him in person.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:46 AM   #11

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Glenn Baglo and the Coleman oven.
Glenn offered up a Coleman oven for free.I brougth over some fancy beers and got the oven from him.Everytime I use it in hunting camp to make bran muffins I will remember him.
Rest in peace Glenn.
Allan Bornestig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 09:53 AM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
R.I.P.

He was quite a character, surmised from his posts here that I've seen. He did teach me one thing. RTFM.
I've missed his posts here this past year or so. They're if not illuminating, certainly incisive.

so long, Glenn
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:42 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post

I suspect the folks who got a little excited failed to connect the Bag in his reference to his spouse with the connection to the last name, that is BAGlo.
Yes, and his wife Leslie was a little bit older, hence the "Old". But it sure got folks riled up.

Over the years his ability to get iconic photos has been apparent to me. The one that really hits home is one he took of our infamous Gastown Riot when he was a new young photographer. I was caught up in the violence, exiting a restaurant not knowing the mayhem that was out on the street. Police on horseback were riding through the crowd and there were bloody heads from baton strikes. It was a terrifying scene and my only thought was to get out of there as fast as possible. And then there was Glen, wading through the mayhem and getting a shot that captured it all.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:45 AM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I had been conversing via email with baglo until about a few months ago so I knew this was coming. Not hearing from him lately, I was thinking things got worse. I got to know him as well as any member of the Escape community. He will be missed.

Funny that he actually joked some while talking about it. A wee excerpt from an email "Couple people on the forum will be joyful at this news". I could see his face while reading this and chuckled myself.

There was a big difference reading his posts to watching him talk where you saw the smirk on his face and knew he was just kidding....to some degree.

Rest in peace, baglo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Of course when he referred to his wife as Old Bag some folks got a little excited.
She was the one who gave herself this nickname being a couple years older than baglo. It actually was a term of endearment, and for baglo, not too bad.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 12:54 PM   #15

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Thanks for posting, by all accounts an interesting and very talented man who affected a bit of a curmudgeonly outlook when that suited the circumstance. I can appreciate that, wish I'd had the pleasure of knowing him personally.

With condolences to family and friends, Rest In Peace Mr. Baglo.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:07 PM   #16
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Escape 23
Quote:
Sad news about another long time member: Glenn Baglo, longtime Vancouver Sun photographer, dead at 75
Thank you Donna D, for sharing this with us. Over the past few weeks, we've sadly lost several members of our Escape community. Their presence and contributions have left a lasting impact on us all, both individually and as a group. Our hearts go out to their families during this difficult time. Wishing them all comfort and solace.
Kosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 03:23 PM   #17

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Like many others in thiis form I’m proud to say I camped Several times at Osoyoos with Glenn and Leslie. I enjoyed his humor, his approach to folks asking questions that could have been found in owners manuals and tipping a few cold ones with Glenn. Like several other good people I considered friends made through camping, Glenn is gone now. I’ll tip a couple cold Lagers in his memory, never forget his generosity and his professional abilities with a camera. He was a friend. Hoping Leslie gets along in the future and his daughter and son in law enjoy the 17.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-19-2024, 04:12 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
After becoming "online" friends here, I was privileged to get to meet Glenn in person at Osoyoos and spend a couple of days enjoying his and the ever delightful Leslie's company. Being someone who has managed to get himself into trouble often from my frequent use of satire, I delighted in Glenn's posts, his personality and his (to me) wonderfully satirical sense of humor.

Camped at Gilbert Ray Campground outside Tucson one year, we chanced upon another Escape trailer couple. After chatting for a bit, I was suddenly asked "Are you Baglo?" in a tone that made me sure she was not a fan. I laughed and said no, but that I consider him a great friend, which didn't seem to impress her.

Glenn was a person with amazing life experiences, acccomplishments and awards who will be missed.

I love this line in the excellent article Donna posted: "He was that rare person I was lucky enough to meet in my working life that had — and this seems the most appropriate word — texture."

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:33 PM   #19

Trailer: SOLD: 2005 17A; was waiting on a 2023 21C; found a 2017 21C - YAYAYAYAY!
Oh, I have enjoyed his posts, both humorous and blunt, over my short time on the forum. Another gentleman I wished I had met in person - rest in peace, Glenn.
mlowther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 05:58 PM   #20

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thank you Donna for posting this. Sounds like Glen was an amazing person. I personally enjoyed his posts.