Is the top of your fiberglass Escape rough? - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-25-2022, 01:41 PM   #81

Trailer: Escape 19
Reading through the thread, a little concern about the way ETI deals with issues it’s products might have, although I’m not the real customer yet but am considering to buy one.
Jamesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:05 PM   #82

Trailer: 21
Escape trailer as a whole are great trailers. Just be ready to fix any issues yourself. Once they have your money, the support slowly goes away
Old 11-25-2022, 02:38 PM   #83

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhead View Post
Escape trailer as a whole are great trailers. Just be ready to fix any issues yourself. Once they have your money, the support slowly goes away

On the one hand, yep, ETI is not really in a great position to give superlative warranty coverage given that they have no dealers. But still, if a major component were to fail you can get it replaced and if you are handy you can generally swap things out yourself.

On the other hand, the warranties offered by other trailer manufacturers are not much better. Even if you buy a trailer from a local dealer, many people have discovered that warranty work can take months. So what good is that?

I've never had a major problem on a newer trailer (Escape included) and I've just fixed the little things I didn't like on my own.

This poor glasscoat issue would really have made me mad though, as it isn't a simple fix and it isn't something you can just swap out.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:05 PM   #84

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Yeah, however what about that email they sent him? They know what's going on.
Old 11-25-2022, 05:21 PM   #85

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
***UPDATE***

** Rough Top:
Escape says it's cosmetic and should not cause any issues. They did say that if I found anything more problems like cracking etc... they would work out those issues. I figure I'll buy an orbital polisher and dress it up myself. For those who commented earlier, my brother who is a painter showed me how to buff a car years ago.

** Hitch Setup Too Low.
Escape refunded the cost ($115) for the 8-Hole sleeve to told me to send them the bill to have someone set it up properly.

** Sider Crack:
Escape sent me a quart of gelcoat so the repair will match and told me to send them an estimate for the repair. Knowing this can't be done in cold weather they have it marked down to get resolved once the weather warms. They said they will pay for the repair as long as its not out of line.

** Missing Level Markers: Escape sent me four level markers.

Outside of resolving rough top issue I feel Escape did their best to help resolve the others.

On a more positive note. We opened the awning today and played cards in "Side Effect" this afternoon while listening to some music. It's nice having our Escape in our side yard.

Oh! My oldest daughter and son in law brought over a bottle of Whistlepig 12 Year Old World Rye yesterday for pre-turkey cocktails.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 05:24 PM   #86

Trailer: WTB: E19
Quantify what "rough" is

This is great, Escapes management did step up and support in resolving the issues. Another great step by Escape
Escape_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #87

Trailer: 2012 E19
They sent a quart of gelcoat, hmmm. I wonder if you could use that to apply additional gelcoat to the entire roof? Better than sanding/buffing to remove some of the protective layer, if a smooth surface could be obtained by adding to it instead. (I have no idea if this is possible.)
Old 11-25-2022, 08:16 PM   #88

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
They sent a quart of gelcoat, hmmm. I wonder if you could use that to apply additional gelcoat to the entire roof? Better than sanding/buffing to remove some of the protective layer, if a smooth surface could be obtained by adding to it instead. (I have no idea if this is possible.)
Not sure but..... Boy Howdy that gelcoat is some pretty smelly stuff.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 09:51 PM   #89

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Short answer for amateur use: no

But, wow, would this ever make him popular at a rally with folks that had a few little dings that they wanted a small amount of color matching gelcoat to do an invisible repair.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote