New to Boondocking. Tips and Advice? Questions re Water - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2022, 12:44 PM   #21

Trailer: 2012 Escape 5.0
Boondocking is best!

I agree with everything that Mark B1 said, and like Mark, we boondock almost exclusively.

For convenience, we always travel with a full fresh water tank from a trusted source, and have never had any issues. I don't think the weight has a significant impact on fuel economy.

Only real issue we have is that even with a filter at the kitchen tap (maybe we need a better one), I'm not happy with the water from the tank for coffee, tea, and some cooking. We carry separate bottles or a small blue jug just for that, refilling them when we have access to good tap water. Then I'm not so worried about what's in the fresh water tank.

But boondocking is best, so enjoy!
JohnE3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:42 PM   #22

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We love Jacob Lake campground. The pit privies are clean, have nice sanitizer wash stations. The sites are large but slope somewhat. It is 1/2 first come first serve, and half reserve. We have never seen it full. No water is available there, so travel with a full fresh tank. We dump at Flagstaff or Prescott so cannot point you to a place near Las Vegas, but we'll be passing through LV on Friday heading to Osoyoos. We clean up while boondocking with warm water in the sink and a sponge. A full sink is enough to clean off and rinse. We'll even heat water in the teapot to pour in the sink. You'll run your furnace every night at Jacob Lake, it's high elevation. You and your kids will be fine, go have dinner one night at Jacob Lake Lodge, their cookies are good.