Nifty New RV Ideas - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: n/a, Texas
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 475
Nifty New RV Ideas

I know we all love our Escapes. But... would you like to see Escape incorporate some of these ideas in the future: Alde heat system, Froli bed supports, indirect led lighting, aluminum frames, inconspicuous air conditioners?

https://tab.nucamprv.com/tab-400-tea...mper-features/

Food for thought.
__________________

Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
Site Team
 
rbryan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canyon Lake, Texas
Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2018 F150 2.7L Ecoboost
Posts: 9,954
We're good on the bed. A heating or cooling system that didn't produce a racket would be very nice however. The last one is just me, but I'd love to see an aluminum frame and a bulldog type coupler standard.
__________________

__________________
"You can't buy happiness, but you can buy an RV. And that is pretty close."
rbryan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:45 AM   #3
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
I know we all love our Escapes. But... would you like to see Escape incorporate some of these ideas in the future: Alde heat system, Froli bed supports, indirect led lighting, aluminum frames, inconspicuous air conditioners?

https://tab.nucamprv.com/tab-400-tea...mper-features/

Food for thought.
Maybe as options. No details on the heat system or air conditioner on that page. I would rather have a conspicuous air conditioner rather than lose bench storage. You can add Froli yourself anytime.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:02 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
I was surprised by the reference to an aluminum frame for a T@b... then I realized that they mean aluminum framing in the walls and roof, not the chassis. No, I would not prefer that to cored fiberglass composite.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:14 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
... I'd love to see ... a bulldog type coupler standard.
Not me. I've never towed with one, but I've tried opening and closing the Bulldog Collar-Lok forged coupler on trailers at dealerships, and I find the locking collar and its latching mechanism awkward, compared to the yoke type which I have and which is used by Escape. That's assuming that you mean the forged type - Bulldog also has cast Wedge-Latch couplers, but it seems like people are usually referring to the Collar-Lok when they say "Bulldog".
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:21 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
... inconspicuous air conditioners?

https://tab.nucamprv.com/tab-400-tea...mper-features/
Escape had an inconspicuous (cabinet-mounted, rather than rooftop) air conditioner in early 17-foot units. Some people like them; others complain about the loss of storage in the cabinet, and other issues.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:22 AM   #7
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Not me. I've never towed with one, but I've tried opening and closing the Bulldog Collar-Lok forged coupler on trailers at dealerships, and I find the locking collar and its latching mechanism awkward, compared to the yoke type which I have and which is used by Escape. That's assuming that you mean the forged type - Bulldog also has cast Wedge-Latch couplers, but it seems like people are usually referring to the Collar-Lok when they say "Bulldog".
I had a customer stop by for an installation on his 21 who had a Bulldog coupler who later changed it out for an Anderson because he also found the Bulldog troublesome.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:30 AM   #8
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 E19, ECD 5/22.
Posts: 24,058
The Little Guy Max, similar to the T@b has some nifty features I would like to see, there is the disappearing tv in the front dinette and a radio with built in weather, and a lighted entry handle.
These features make them unique http://golittleguy.com/lg-max/
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:13 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 5,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The Little Guy Max, similar to the T@b has some nifty features I would like to see, there is the disappearing tv in the front dinette and a radio with built in weather, and a lighted entry handle.
These features make them unique http://golittleguy.com/lg-max/
Impressive trailer. Nice fit and finish and thoughtful design elements. Layout seems very similar to the Escape 19. One thing that is awkward is the super small awning due to the shape of the shell.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:44 AM   #10
Site Team
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 E19, ECD 5/22.
Posts: 24,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Impressive trailer. Nice fit and finish and thoughtful design elements. Layout seems very similar to the Escape 19. One thing that is awkward is the super small awning due to the shape of the shell.
Trus, but there are after market tent awning rooms available, I had one with my T@da.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: no fixed address, California
Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Posts: 1,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Impressive trailer. Nice fit and finish and thoughtful design elements. Layout seems very similar to the Escape 19. One thing that is awkward is the super small awning due to the shape of the shell.
You mentioned fit and finish....

I know someone who had a T@b and he said, with great detail, how the build quality was horrible, and the dealer wanted nothing to do with it after the sale.

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:47 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 5,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
You mentioned fit and finish....

I know someone who had a T@b and he said, with great detail, how the build quality was horrible, and the dealer wanted nothing to do with it after the sale.

Just to be clear I was referring to the Little Guy Max that Jim linked, not the T@b. http://golittleguy.com/lg-max/
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: n/a, Texas
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 475
Alde heat

More info on Alde heat system. It works with propane or electric, uses a pump rather than a fan.

http://www.alde.se/usa/heat-technology/how-it-works/
Viajante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
Commercial Member
 
tractors1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Posts: 2,846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajante View Post
More info on Alde heat system. It works with propane or electric, uses a pump rather than a fan.

Alde - USA
The 12V circulation pump draws between 3 and 37 watts. Think this system is best used when plugged into power. I wouldn't want to lose the interior height to accommodate the return air ducts, either.

Nice concept for a big stickie, though.
__________________
Charlie Y

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,117
I like the Alde system in some ways, but I think it needs to be incorporated into the design of the RV... which is the suggestion, of course. It probably doesn't make sense as an option, because of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
The 12V circulation pump draws between 3 and 37 watts. Think this system is best used when plugged into power.
That's similar to fan power for a furnace - 1/4 amp to 3 amps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
I wouldn't want to lose the interior height to accommodate the return air ducts, either.
There are no real return air ducts in the basic system - just liquid-filled radiators - but allowing spaces for air flow would be a concern for most RV interior designs.
__________________

Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×